Airbnb?

Missing_Aria

I've looked into Airnmn for Disney a few times but never gone ahead and bitten the bullet on one. I've seen that there homeowners renting out rooms in Golden Oaks as well as RV owners willing to drive their RV over to Fort Wilderness for rental use (significantly cheaper and often nicer RVs than you'd rent form an RV company too by the pictures). I've also seen some off site condo owners trying to pass off their condo as "at WDW" when it's not as well. I'm sure they're perfectly nice but having stayed right off site before I know that even that little bit extra of a ride/drive to the parks feels like forever when you're doing it every day (sometimes more than twice a day).

Does anyone have experience doing something like this? This isn't for my upcoming trip, I already have a resort room for that, but I was looking at my next one potentially being through Airbnb to save some money and wanted to see if anyone had first hand experience here.

Missing_Aria

Original Poster
I’m interested to hear peoples’ experiences with Airbnb.

I feel like I’d be terribly uncomfortable staying in a stranger’s home.

I've been reading that Airbnb renting isn't allowed in Golden Oaks but I've definitely seen people posting pictures of Golden Oaks homes with rooms for rent before. I think they've started cracking down on the rule more now though cause I don't see any at the moment.

I'd still like to know if anyone's tried this with RVs though.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Were those Golden Oaks ads you saw on the Airbnb site? They were likely fraudulent, since Disney expressly forbids renting out part or all of the homes there.

Upvote 0

Missing_Aria

Original Poster
Were those Golden Oaks ads you saw on the Airbnb site? They were likely fraudulent, since Disney expressly forbids renting out part or all of the homes there.

Possibly, though the fact that I know longer see them up there could also mean that they were legit but the poster was told to take them down.

Upvote 0

James J

In the Parks
No

I've used it plenty of times over the last year or so and it's always been a good experience. Only once were we staying at somebody's actual home whilst they were away - the others were more or less second homes/holiday homes that are always available for booking. We've had some great places and great hosts!

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

When my husband travels for work, that is his go to for staying somewhere. He loves Airbnb because he says it feels a lot more home-like instead of a hotel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom