Air Mattress in Value Resort?

jaygatsby

Original Poster
We're staying in a Little Mermaid room in AOA. It's my husband and I along with my 19 y/o son and 17 y/o daughter. They understandably don't want to sleep in the same bed so I was thinking about bringing an air mattress and have them take turns sleeping in it. Would a twin (about 39 in width) fit? I've also seen a slim twin mattress by coleman that's only about 23 in.

Amos1784

It will fit but it will be VERY tight in there and you will most likely have to move the table and chairs that are provided. Just as a visual staying in a value I could open and close the front door of the room from the second bed.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
To piggyback on @Amos1784, I don't know where you would even put the table and chairs...let alone your 4 suitcases (the dresser drawers likely won't hold all your clothes.) Value rooms are SMALL and there is not much floor space.

Have you considered sharing a bed with your daughter and your husband sharing with your son? That is what our family did when our kids were teens.

Diesel Dan

We stay at POP which are the same size room and we our Adult children come along we bring a folding cot. It is about 25" wide. It fits easily and we fold it up and put it against the wall when we leave for the day. Our cot is sold by Coleman and is the Comfortsmart Model. It gets the user up off the floor and has a nice mattress with springs. It is only about 70" long but I am 75 inches tall and my feet hanging over does not bother. Coleman does also have a larger model of the cot and it would still fit but may be tighter in the room.

jaygatsby

Original Poster
To piggyback on @Amos1784, I don't know where you would even put the table and chairs...let alone your 4 suitcases (the dresser drawers likely won't hold all your clothes.) Value rooms are SMALL and there is not much floor space.

Have you considered sharing a bed with your daughter and your husband sharing with your son? That is what our family did when our kids were teens.
We usually do that. However DS moves around a lot in his sleep and makes my DH not sleep very well. This is going to be a more active (and tiring) vacation than we're used to so we thought it'd be better to lose some floor space and allow everyone to sleep more comfortably. My kids are used to sleeping on air mattresses for camping or sleepovers so they should be fine

quackmar

It's do-able. We had a disney cot in a POP room this past May. We had it along the wall with the tv cabinet and shoved the table closer to the door. It certainly wasn't spacious but it worked. If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room it'll be fine.

MickeyMomV

We did it a few years ago over at AS Movies and it worked out fine. We used a twin Coleman mattress. At night we moved the table and chairs and put it on the floor against the wall by the TV. During the day we stood it on its side in-between the inside bed and bathroom wall and put the table and chairs back. If you leave it out on the floor all day it is a little hard to move around.

Angie K.

We're staying in a Little Mermaid room in AOA. It's my husband and I along with my 19 y/o son and 17 y/o daughter. They understandably don't want to sleep in the same bed so I was thinking about bringing an air mattress and have them take turns sleeping in it. Would a twin (about 39 in width) fit? I've also seen a slim twin mattress by coleman that's only about 23 in.

We just returned home from WDW yesterday where we stayed in All Star Sports value resort. We took a full sized twin air mattress as we have a 14 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. We just moved the small table and chairs and there was a perfect sized nook where we could put the air mattress. While we have never stayed in AOA, I can only assume that the room would be very similar to the layout in the other value resorts. We just lean the mattress up against the wall during the day so that mousekeeping can come in to do their job without being too obstructed. We actually carry the air mattress on lots of trips when we don't have a sleeper sofa to accommodate both kids. My son got the air mattress on this trip because my daughter had to suffer through a mediocre sofa bed on our summer vacation. :)

EvilQueen-T

My niece, her 12 month old daughter, my granddaughter and I stayed at Sports. The rooms are the same size. We moved the table and she used a queen size air mattress at the bottom of my bed so that she could sleep with her daughter (she doesn't sleep well in a pack n play). We couldn't walk past it so we flipped it up on end during the day but it fit fine.

Dad 2 M & M

We usually do that. However DS moves around a lot in his sleep and makes my DH not sleep very well. This is going to be a more active (and tiring) vacation than we're used to so we thought it'd be better to lose some floor space and allow everyone to sleep more comfortably. My kids are used to sleeping on air mattresses for camping or sleepovers so they should be fine
We were given a roll-away bed earlier this year at Pop and it wasn't too bad.....did have to move the table and chairs, but the roll-away did fit. Also had to close the roll-away to get out the door. Do need to point out, we were given a room with 1 King size bed and it was me and DD....so that wasn't going to work. We went to the lobby and asked for another room with double beds (still don't know why we were given a king bed room), and they were happy to oblige. Before reassigning, DD indicated she liked the room (50's bldg), and the CM then offered the roll-away.....not sure if they will just give out upon request....might want to call ahead....

Below is a pic of an All-Star or Pop Century Room...260 sq. ft.

upload_2017-9-30_21-32-48.png

Here is a pic of your LM AoA Room 277 sq ft:

upload_2017-9-30_21-36-11.png

That 17 sq ft may not sound like much, but combined with the AoA layout, you can barely squeeze the air mattress (or roll-away if you choose to request) between the bed by the door and table......

Enjoy the Magic!

Polydweller

As a hotelier I have to come in on this one. It is ok to have an air mattress as long as you do not block your egress. If there is a fire or other emergency you will have far less time to get out than you think, 90 seconds max. An air mattress blocking the egress can make all the difference. Try to arrange things so you are not blocking the route to the exit door. Low probability sure, but serious consequences if it happens.

JohnD

We were given a roll-away bed earlier this year at Pop and it wasn't too bad.....did have to move the table and chairs, but the roll-away did fit. Also had to close the roll-away to get out the door. Do need to point out, we were given a room with 1 King size bed and it was me and DD....so that wasn't going to work. We went to the lobby and asked for another room with double beds (still don't know why we were given a king bed room), and they were happy to oblige. Before reassigning, DD indicated she liked the room (50's bldg), and the CM then offered the roll-away.....not sure if they will just give out upon request....might want to call ahead....

Below is a pic of an All-Star or Pop Century Room...260 sq. ft.

View attachment 234822

Here is a pic of your LM AoA Room 277 sq ft:

View attachment 234823

That 17 sq ft may not sound like much, but combined with the AoA layout, you can barely squeeze the air mattress (or roll-away if you choose to request) between the bed by the door and table......

Enjoy the Magic!

I stayed at Pop several weeks ago. The only way I could see this working is to move the chairs behind the far bed. Take the table into the dressing area, prop it on it's side and lean it against the wall under the hanging rods. That leaves space from the windows to the TV cabinet for the air mattress. Good luck!

Dad 2 M & M

I stayed at Pop several weeks ago. The only way I could see this working is to move the chairs behind the far bed. Take the table into the dressing area, prop it on it's side and lean it against the wall under the hanging rods. That leaves space from the windows to the TV cabinet for the air mattress. Good luck!
?
It was fairly easy to fit the roll-away bed....it wasn't easy to move around after set up, but to set up it was easy.

The Air mattress would be easier as the table moves to beside the bed by the door, with one chair on top, the other chair tucked under. The door would open into the chair. Mattress would go where the table was previous.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom