Air Conditioning

ogryn

Original Poster
With the BBC reporting that temperatures could reach 40C on the day we arrive, I was wondering what the air conditioning is like at DLP? Do all rides and shops have air-con in them?

40C in 104F if you didn't know. That is astonishingly hot for this area. Even Britain could go upto 35C.

Looks like we will be hotter than Florida for once
:hammer: :hammer:

And if it is hot and the French start queue-jumping then I will look like this:fork:

Maria

Originally posted by ogryn
And if it is hot and the French start queue-jumping then I will look like this:fork:

Forget the queue jumping! If it´s 40° C (and I KNOW what that is!) pray that the rides don´t break down... the last place you want to be is inside of a ride with Frenchies! :D Oh well... that´s why they invented the perfume... ;)

(not intended to offend anyone, but it happens... hehehe) ;)

Sweet Laker

Well, during my last visit, there were no Frenchies trying to queue-jump.

And about the airco, a lot of places have airconditioning. So, you must be able to keep it cool.

ogryn

Original Poster
phew, got back yesterday.

It was sooo hot. The air-con isn't as powerful as Florida ones but is noticeable, and nice!

It was averaging 40oC, and breaking all the weather records.

In responce to Maria, yes the body-odour was terrible:lol:

Oh, and I have never known so many people that are god damn rude. When we have been waiting in the Main St. Pavement for 1hr to see Fantillusion, you don't get the right to elbow barge your way in front of us, with an "exuse-moi". And then the family had the god damn cheek to give hand signels to us, to tell us to move back and stop pushing them. :fork: Burn Ignorant, French Tourists

(That is no way a dig at all French people, as the CM's were mostly fantastic, if a little lax at enforcing the rules)

The Studios were better than I people had been making out, and I think I prefer the French version of R'n'RC.

Space Mountain on the other hand has got really bad, and I think all the guests know it, as the queue was never more than 15minutes. That'll teach Disney for buying Vekoma, as the track quality has deteriorated so much, you are banged around, and keep getting hit by the restraints (my Mum, got a blood blister on her elbow where so had to try so hard to brace herself). This makes me quite sad, as I know the Rock 'n' Rollercoasters will be like this in about 5-6 years time.

Maria

Glad you had a nice time! Sorry for the heat and the odour conditions! :lol:
Our trip to Paris was an interesting one... we learned to laugh everytime we encounter some rude frenchie -the unforgettable one will always be the cleaning lady at the restroom in MCDonald´s near Versailles... she tried to get us out of there because she wanted to clean it so she kept yelling at us in French, and we kept taking our time in front of the mirror... :D :D
We had very good laughs with our response system! :animwink:

(We also found a very nice and patient lady at one of the little food stands in one of the metro stations and we made sure we stopped to buy something from her every day!) :)

Sweet Laker

Originally posted by ogryn

Oh, and I have never known so many people that are god damn rude. When we have been waiting in the Main St. Pavement for 1hr to see Fantillusion, you don't get the right to elbow barge your way in front of us, with an "exuse-moi". And then the family had the god damn cheek to give hand signels to us, to tell us to move back and stop pushing them. :fork: Burn Ignorant, French Tourists

(That is no way a dig at all French people, as the CM's were mostly fantastic, if a little lax at enforcing the rules)

The rude people could have been Dutch Tourists too. I know a lot of them, also using the 'pardon et moi' saying to get to the front of the line. I think its just the 'European Way' of living. There are rules, but its possible to do a lot before people will stop you.

But, as you said, the French CM's are very nice. I did not see one bad one during my stay.

kvan

haha,
sure you know a lot of them (you live in nederland )
(joke)

I agree with you, where I live (lots of tourist) the rudest ones are the duth young ones.

Sweet Laker

Originally posted by kvan
haha,
sure you know a lot of them (you live in nederland )
(joke)

I agree with you, where I live (lots of tourist) the rudest ones are the duth young ones.

Yeah, and the problem is, i am one of those Dutch young tourist too. But i guess the Spanish people can tell, which one are the bad ones.

I will go to Salou and Port Aventura summer 2004, if everything is going as planned.

I have seen a beautifull Spanish senorita last Teusday at Scheveningen beach Holland and i am looking forward to see all those beautifull girls over at Spain (hope i will find one to marry with :) ow man, i LOVE Spanish girls :p

Maria

Originally posted by Sweet Laker
i am looking forward to see all those beautifull girls over at Spain (hope i will find one to marry with :) ow man, i LOVE Spanish girls :p

*cough cough* I speak Spanish very fluently... does that count? :D
:animwink: :lol:

kvan

Originally posted by Sweet Laker
Yeah, and the problem is, i am one of those Dutch young tourist too. But i guess the Spanish people can tell, which one are the bad ones.

I will go to Salou and Port Aventura summer 2004, if everything is going as planned.

I have seen a beautifull Spanish senorita last Teusday at Scheveningen beach Holland and i am looking forward to see all those beautifull girls over at Spain (hope i will find one to marry with :) ow man, i LOVE Spanish girls :p

humm, you're going to Salou, Maybe you find more beautiful guys there :lol:
I live about 2 hours drive away from Salou,
Goes every year to Universals mediterranea (not this year:cry:, we will try for halloween days)
Did you ever ride Hulk ?
Dragon khan in Um is much better.

One more thing ...
LEAVE THE SPANISH GIRLS ALONE :lol: :lol: (this is mother talk, I have a teen daughter)

Sweet Laker

Originally posted by kvan
humm, you're going to Salou, Maybe you find more beautiful guys there :lol:
I live about 2 hours drive away from Salou,
Goes every year to Universals mediterranea (not this year:cry:, we will try for halloween days)
Did you ever ride Hulk ?
Dragon khan in Um is much better.

One more thing ...
LEAVE THE SPANISH GIRLS ALONE :lol: :lol: (this is mother talk, I have a teen daughter)

Well, a lot of guys i 'll find there, but i dont think i will find them beautifull. And knowing most of them are just a bunch of stupid English/Dutch tourists (no offense, but most English and Dutch tourist are very annoying over at Spain) i wont find what i want that quickly.

But you have a daughter you said.. is she between 16 and 22 :D (for the record, not serieus ;) )

About Port Aventura, i suggest you mean Hulk over at this parc. Unfortunatly i never been outside Holland, only for Disneyland Paris or a quick one day tour in Belgium or Germany. So this will be my first year over at a real Vacation resort :) Beautifull Spain. But to get back, never had the honor to ride Dragon Khan or the Hulk.

It is said, there is a beautifull parc near Madrid too. Warner Bros Movieworld Madrid. That parc has a few nice coasters too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom