Air-conditioners

crassmonkey

I have heard that the air-conditioners in the value resorts are set to a certain temp. that can't be changed. Is this true? If so, does that go for moderate or even deluxe resorts? We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter, and I like to sleep in a cold room. Wondering if I will be stuck having to keep it at 75 degrees because the mouse doesn't want me running up the bill!
:D

AndyJo0930

We have stated at POP and AS music and I had it very cold, though it seemed that the housekeeping staff turned it down during the day after they came in to make-up the room, but it didn't take long for it to cool down after I got back from the parks.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have stated at POP and AS music and I had it very cold, though it seemed that the housekeeping staff turned it down during the day after they came in to make-up the room, but it didn't take long for it to cool down after I got back from the parks.

The thermostats are equiped with motion detectors, so if there is no movement in the room for a while, it reverts back to a preset temp. You can adjust the temp to your liking while you are in the room.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

We've stayed at a number of different resorts in the past. Our recent summer visits were at WLV and BCV. I have found that the new sensor air conditioners do not go quite as cold as I like- even with the fans on. (I prefer a really cold room as well- especially in the sweltering summer heat!) Maybe it's just that I have trouble adjusting to the aforementioned sweltering summer heat/humidity!

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

We just got back from the POP and didn't have a problem with the AC. It goes down to 63 and it never tripped back up. Mousekeeping never changed it either. It was always comfortable.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I have to agree with the others, it seems like the sensor A/C goes up to about 75 when you aren't in the room for a while. However, the rooms aren't too big so they seem to get down to a nice temperature once you are there for a little while.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We were at POP 2 weeks ago, and the temp's in the room were fine, although my wife could get a chill in 90+ degrees. I always like to have alittle chill in the air while your all cozy under the covers.:D My problem is that I'm 6'6" 245 and the wife is 5'2" and they have 2 queen size beds, the sons in one and the wife and I in the other. My feet hang off and there's not enough room from side to side. So she gets cold and drags all the covers over to her side, then I get a chill :zipit: . But overall it was still better than being at work wishing that I was in WDW.:animwink:

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

63 might sound cold, but in July, August, and September, 63 sounds mighty nice to me!

All the resorts have controllable thermostats... At least all that I have stayed in, and I have been to all of them.

Upvote 0

Coggy

One thing I noticed recently that was somewhat annoying at PORS is they have the window unit style A/C's that are noisy and start and stop constantly, making it harder to fall asleep. I didn't realize the noise those older style A/C's can make since I've stayed mostly at POP, which has the central air type units that are very quiet. I guess the newer resorts have these newer style units. I found it odd that the more expensive PORS had the more noisier ventilation technology. Maybe one day when they do a major refurb, they will switch over to the central air units.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom