Air 2000

disneyfan123

We are flying to Florida from the UK in 10 days. I cannot wait!!!!! We usually fly with Brittania but ths year we are flying with Air 2000.

I was just wondering whether anyone has flown with them? What are they like? How many films do they show on the flight? What is the food like?

I look forward to any replies!

*only 10 days to go*
(one more exam and then the magic can begin.....)
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

Dawnie

When I was a student I had a summer job with an airline caterer. One of the airlines we packed for was Air2000.

Take your own food.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Personally I have had so many bad experiences with bothe Britannia and Air2000, I only fly Virgin now.

Expect movie TV's to be on the blink and food to be mushy and luke warm.

Upvote 0

Mr.Nutz

DisneyFan, are you doing A Levels? I've got 3 left... :(

But then it's only 3 weeks. Wooooohoooooo....

We're flying Virgin this time. They gave us a cheaper upgrade to Premium Economy, which is nice.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
DisneyFan, are you doing A Levels? I've got 3 left... :(

But then it's only 3 weeks. Wooooohoooooo....

We're flying Virgin this time. They gave us a cheaper upgrade to Premium Economy, which is nice.
How did you get that???

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think Britannia and Air2000 are part of the same company - (might be wrong here).
I'm sure when we flew in Europe with Britannia it turned out to be an Air2000 flight.

Upvote 0

Mr.Nutz

I'm not sure, my parents did it. It wasn't that much cheaper, but there was some kind of discount. My parents got the discount and I think I had to get a regular priced upgrade. But I'm really not sure. You should give Virgin a call, see what they can do.

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Mr Nutz: yes i am doing A Levels. I finished my last exam today!!!! I now only have 10 days until i leave to go to Florida. I cannot wait!!!!! Have a great trip. Good luck in the rest of your exams.

*only 10 days to go*
:sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: :hammer:

Upvote 0

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Mr Nutz: Have a great birthday!!!!! I am sure that you have done really well in your exams.

*only 9 days to go*
(so close i can smell it....)
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

jaylenofan86

The airlines suck these day, don't they? That's why I want to start an airline, a better airline, team up w/ SWA. I will call it Air Cal or PSA! Watch for them in 5 years!

Upvote 0

djmatthews

I think Britannia and Air2000 are part of the same company - (might be wrong here).

Sorry, but thats wrong, Britannia belongs to Thomson holidays, which belongs to an even bigger company in Europe. Air 2000 are part of Cosmos holidays.

I'm sure when we flew in Europe with Britannia it turned out to be an Air2000 flight.

This is possible under code share agrements and charter arrangments. If one travel company isn't going to fill an aircraft, then this tour operator will sell its seats on the aircraft to other tour operators, or something like that.

As far as the original topic is concerned, Air 2000 are OK, as far as a charter airline goes, they are better than some I guess. I find all UK charter airlines to be very simular - Britainnia, Air 2000, jmc and Airtours, however Airtours' A330 is a very modern nice plane, it has seat back TVs and computer games, and the toliets are downstairs creating a more pleasant aircraft, they utilise this aircraft on most Orlando flights.

Charter airlines have very small seats, the food is well, typical airline food (interpret that how you like), and the IFES are usually main screen only. Drinks are not usually free, although a drink with a meal might be provided.

Ratcat has the best idea, fly with Virgin. Thier prices are good, they have good equipment, I think they use the Boeing 747-400 on Florida routes. Each seat has its own PTV, the seats are bigger as it is a schedualed flight, not charter and the food and service is fab and its free drinks throughout the flgiht. One advantage of flying with Virgin, or BA for that matter is that they both fly to Orlando International (MCO) which is closer to WDW and Orlando attraction areas, rather than Orlando Sanford (SFB) which is about an hour or so away, which the chaters fly to.

Upvote 0

TravisMT81

ok what is A levels? And how do you find the best rate to London from Orlando...but at the same time have premium economy or higher. I want to go to London hehe.

>Why dreading turning 18? I am turning 21 August 2nd and I am so excited but feel soo old at the same time.

Upvote 0

djmatthews

ok what is A levels?

A-levels are what are required (usually) before you can go to University. In Britain you legally have to go to school until you are 16 (15 in some cases depend on where your Birthday falls). At this age you do your GCSE’s (General Certificate of Secondary Education), this is at senior school. You usually take exams in about 10 subjects. After you finish secondary school you can either leave and find a job, or go onto to collage or sixth form and study GCE A-Levels (General Certificate of Secondary Education Advance Level), nowadays you take 5 A levels in the first year and drop one or two in the second year. A-Levels give you the “passport” to university in many cases, the better you’re A-Level results allow you to get into better universities.

And how do you find the best rate to London from Orlando...but at the same time have premium economy or higher. I want to go to London hehe.

Try your local travel agent or try expedia, or even airline websites. There schedualed flights from Orlando International to London Gatwick daily with Virgin Atlantic and British Airways.

Upvote 0

disney_nutter

we usally travel by monarch airlines but last year was are first year with air 2000 and everything ran excantly the only problem was the breakfest they gave us looked like vomit. I ahve also finished my a-levels good luck to everyone waiting for there results.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I could be wrong but dont Air 2000 have one of the worst records for late flights and cancelations, folowed by JMC.
My only experience with them was a flight to Zagreb and i remember reading the bumff you find in the seat pocket about flight times to Florida etc. I was struck that theres no way that id want to fly with this plane all the way to Florida it was far to crampped.
Last year flew with Britannia and it was as good if not better than virgin. Who on the previous trip ran out of water on the a/c on the way out, think toilets! and fuel on the way back, think diversion to Stanstead.

Upvote 0

WigglyWiggins

Heres a shout out to Disney nutter, DJ Matthews, Mr. Nutz, Disney Fan 123 and...myself...im awaiting my GCSE`S and im soooooooo nervous. I go to Disney next friday (the 5th) and i cant wait......i just hope the sun comes out!
Good Luck to you all and i hope all your results are good!
Im not expecting particulairly good ones because the revision....didnt really happen, oh well. If anyone else had said to me "Short term pain..long term gain" i would have:brick: ouch.
Anywho hope you all have an excellant time!
Wiggly

P.S Disney Fan 123 ( a fellow girlie) have you ever been to blue water? Its my shopping haven and i get to go on saturday!!! Stock up on holiday stuff.....lets see...a denim mini...some flip flops.....couple of vest tops.....new bikini.......i think ill probably need some nice sandals aswell.....maybe a summer dress....if only i hadnt been fired i probably could afford some stuff;)

Upvote 0

Mr.Nutz

Originally posted by TravisM
>Why dreading turning 18? I am turning 21 August 2nd and I am so excited but feel soo old at the same time.

I'm not dreading turning 18!! I'm dreading my exam results on August 15th! Sorry, it wasn't very clear. Probably only those people getting exam results would know what I was talking about with the 15th.

I'm looking forward to being 18! It sucks having an August birthday... :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom