Agents of shield.

erasure fan1

So far the 2nd half of the season has been A LOT better than the first half. But it still feels like a lot of the episodes just kind of drag and have a lot of filler. Maybe my expectations were just too high for the show.

StageFrenzy

So far the 2nd half of the season has been A LOT better than the first half. But it still feels like a lot of the episodes just kind of drag and have a lot of filler. Maybe my expectations were just too high for the show.
They found out the fate of
Jiaying
last night and already they have the character meet up with interested parties.

doctornick

I just couldn't disagree more. I loved the first half of the season (especially the final few right before the winter break) and have thoroughly enjoyed the second half of the season to date.

I find the development with Coulson's SHIELD and the "real" SHIELD to be very interesting. It's certainly believable that rival factions would have developed in the wake of CA:TWS and the aftermath. I find the online commentary on the situation fascination with a lot of folks downright hating "real" SHIELD and looking forward to Coulson and company destroying it. Personally, I can understand both sides and think they are simply doing what they think is best; I'm hoping for some middle ground and understanding with a merger of all parties. The MCU could use a return of a larger, more comprehensive SHIELD as the backbone of the universe.

erasure fan1

I find the development with Coulson's SHIELD and the "real" SHIELD to be very interesting. It's certainly believable that rival factions would have developed in the wake of CA:TWS and the aftermath.
Oh I agree, the overall story is why I have kept with it. My point was more that it just feels to drawn out. I think it would/could be a lot better with a shorter more concise season. With 22 episodes, each one just seems to have too much filler. Thats what I liked about agent carter, short and to the point. I'm not saying it needs to be 8 episodes but 22 just seems like too much.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
ABC is looking at a possible Agents of SHIELD spin off- http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/09/shield-spinoff

"Not only is a third season of the action-adventure series pretty much guaranteed, but Marvel is quietly developing a spinoff for ABC.

We’re told a spinoff is being developed by SHIELD executive producer Jeffrey Bell (Angel, The X-Files) and SHIELD writer Paul Zbyszewski (Lost, Hawaii Five-0). We don’t know is which characters from the current series will be moving over to the proposed spinoff – so let the speculation being on that. There won’t be an implanted pilot episode this season directly setting up the spinoff, either (like how CW launched The Flash out of Arrow). However, story elements that are still to come on SHIELD this year will be used to lay the groundwork for the potential new series. So by the end of the season – assuming the details for this project haven’t already leaked, which is rather unlikely – the spinoff concept should be clear."

doctornick

I curious whether this means no return for Agent Carter. I'd be fine with that either way -- I rather enjoyed the series, but it was nicely self contained so I don't feel like it is a terrible loss to not have it renewed.

I am guessing that this new spin off series would be a mid-season filler like Agent Carter was this year. Seems too little time for the series to premier in the fall.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I'm hoping Agent Carter comes back as another short series. They could even do summer! All the articles I've read have it listed as could go either way based on ratings. On the plus it's a Disney property.

RonAnnArbor

Agent Carter Season 2 hasn't been nixed yet, but it hasn't been ordered either -- their ratings tanked (except for the first episode) but viewers generally loved it...
As to Agents of Shield, I still watch it, but I have to say that it seems to serve no purpose at all except to be "filler" in between Marvel movies at the cinema...and they currently have packed it with so many characters that keep talking about things that don't make any lick of difference to the storyline, that it turns off a lot of viewers.
SPOILER -- the fact that they took the most despised character (Chloe) and suddenly gave her the most showy part this season could very well be the gravedigger for a lot of viewers...

StageFrenzy

Agent Carter Season 2 hasn't been nixed yet, but it hasn't been ordered either -- their ratings tanked (except for the first episode) but viewers generally loved it...
As to Agents of Shield, I still watch it, but I have to say that it seems to serve no purpose at all except to be "filler" in between Marvel movies at the cinema...and they currently have packed it with so many characters that keep talking about things that don't make any lick of difference to the storyline, that it turns off a lot of viewers.
the fact that they took the most despised character (Chloe) and suddenly gave her the most showy part this season could very well be the gravedigger for a lot of viewers...

doctornick

Really? Skye is the most despised? I would have guessed Ward, who went from "boring" to "villain", and a lot of folks are screaming "He needs to die!"

There's a small, vocal community online that hated her character. I'm skeptical that it represent the majority of the viewing audience.

The ratings for AoS aren't that bad such that the only people watching are hardcore, posting on comic book website folks. I think one gets a skewed sense of options reading online commentary.

Anyhow, is it really packed with "so many characters"? There's the core members of the team, which has remained steady all year (picked up a few this season, though Ward was dropped from last year). That's the main characters know and need to care about. Otherwise, there's just a few supporting characters for the active story arcs (basically a couple of "real SHIELD" folks and a couple of Inhuman characters). Doesn't really seem out of the ordinary for this type of show -- feels like far fewer characters than Lost, for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom