Agent P's World Showcase Adventure--it's fun

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
I feel like this game deserves a bump. We played it on our trip a few weeks ago (actually my husband did most of it with the kids while I was in line for Test Track, but I got to experience some of it) and it is really pretty cool and a neat way to explore the World Showcase. It isn't overly involved and doesn't take long (my husband did ALL the available countries in under an hour with 3 kids in tow), but it is really fun! The final interactive "surprise" you get in each country is the best part--all the sudden something will happen that makes everyone in the area turn around and go "huh?" (Some countries are better than others--Germany was my favorite)

Anyway, worth doing if you've never done it before. Or if you have kids in tow. Or if you don't and just like doing scavenger hunts (my 29 year old husband enjoyed it the most).

TwisterMomma

Original Poster
You can use the device they hand out at the "recruitment center" or a website on your own phone. We just used the phone. You pick a country and are given a mission--it's essentially a scavenger hunt.

Here's a pretty good overview:

http://www.themouseforless.com/blog...day-review-agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure/

Apparently Japan isn't an option anymore, which is sad because it looked really neat! There also used to be cast member interaction, which wasn't part of our experience. Honestly, it seems like they have a hard time getting people to play and it has suffered, which is a shame because it is fun!

The best part is the "interactive" things you trigger. This video has some good examples.

Bairstow

Now that nearly everyone has smartphones, I'd love to see a theme park implement a more advanced, more involved, and more difficult version of this type of game. There are so many interesting things you can do with an augmented/alternate reality premise in a controlled environment like a theme park- doors to small show rooms that only open to players, interaction with cast members and other guests, integration of in-land lighting, music, and motion elements...The possibilities are nearly limitless.

Cmdr_Crimson

This would still be the knockout of the ballpark....
*Knock* *Knock* Disney! Make it happen!!
Where-in-the-World-is-Carmen-Sandiego.jpg

_caleb

You can use the device they hand out at the "recruitment center" or a website on your own phone. We just used the phone. You pick a country and are given a mission--it's essentially a scavenger hunt.

Here's a pretty good overview:

http://www.themouseforless.com/blog...day-review-agent-ps-world-showcase-adventure/

Apparently Japan isn't an option anymore, which is sad because it looked really neat! There also used to be cast member interaction, which wasn't part of our experience. Honestly, it seems like they have a hard time getting people to play and it has suffered, which is a shame because it is fun!

The best part is the "interactive" things you trigger. This video has some good examples.

Looks like something my family would love! Thanks for the recommendation and explanation!

Tyaloo

We are actually planning to try it this year - my daughter is so excited about it! She loved the the Pirate's Adventure last year at MK, so I know she'll love the agent P version at Epcot!

She loves the Wilderness Explorer stuff in AK too - for anyone who has kids into that stuff (and grown ups!) - it's fun for everyone :).

Phonedave

Did you do the UK part of the quest? That is where there used to be CM interaction.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom