Age change for reservations

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Hey all,

I’ve got a situation and I don’t know if others have had this problem.

We have a trip coming up in July (🤞) and my two year old turns 3 in May. This will not be her first trip. She’s in MDE and her birthday is listed and correct. MDE knows she’s 2 now, so should know that she will be 3 in July. But it doesn’t seem to.
I made several reservations that are prepaid before I realized that she’s still listed as an infant on those reservations. And I wasn’t charged.

I am NOT trying to beat the system. I emailed Disney (they said they don’t have access to reservations?!) but they said I should call. I’m assuming the call centers are slammed right now, so I came here.

Has this happened to anyone else before? I am happy (well, definitely willing) to pay for my kid. I just don’t want to encounter problems when I get down there. We have Hoop-Dee-Doo booked (no idea if it charged us correctly) and a Fireworks Dessert Party (definitely did not charge us correctly).

I didn’t notice it when I first made reservations back in Jan, but when the dessert parties opened up I did. I made the reservation anyway since I want the spot.

Any advice?

Stay healthy!

RememberWhen

Original Poster
You made a good effort to clear it up. As long as she now has a ticket, enjoy it.
Thanks for that. I feel like I’ve done all the right things and their system is glitchy. We do have APs for everyone. DD is included in all our reservations. We will definitely be paying the kid price for her for all our other reservations. Maybe I’ll let this slide for now.
Thanks again!

carriebeth

We have had that happen before on more than one occasion. They have always verified ages when we checked in and again at the table and then adjusted our charges to updated information

RememberWhen

Original Poster
We have had that happen before on more than one occasion. They have always verified ages when we checked in and again at the table and then adjusted our charges to updated information
Thanks for your response! I don’t understand why their system can’t charge the appropriate amount up front. They have all of the necessary information. It ought to be fairly simple. I’ll try to call sometime if all this calms down. Maybe they can fix it over the phone. I’m not excited about having prepaid for most of us only to have to pay for one more person at the time of the meal.

DisneyJoe

Hey all,

I’ve got a situation and I don’t know if others have had this problem.

We have a trip coming up in July (🤞) and my two year old turns 3 in May. This will not be her first trip. She’s in MDE and her birthday is listed and correct. MDE knows she’s 2 now, so should know that she will be 3 in July. But it doesn’t seem to.
I made several reservations that are prepaid before I realized that she’s still listed as an infant on those reservations. And I wasn’t charged.

I am NOT trying to beat the system. I emailed Disney (they said they don’t have access to reservations?!) but they said I should call. I’m assuming the call centers are slammed right now, so I came here.

Has this happened to anyone else before? I am happy (well, definitely willing) to pay for my kid. I just don’t want to encounter problems when I get down there. We have Hoop-Dee-Doo booked (no idea if it charged us correctly) and a Fireworks Dessert Party (definitely did not charge us correctly).

I didn’t notice it when I first made reservations back in Jan, but when the dessert parties opened up I did. I made the reservation anyway since I want the spot.

Any advice?

Stay healthy!
When you made the booking for July, it was your responsibility to tell Disney the age of the child. If you didn't, that is why she is still listed as an infant. Disney IT is not that smart, especially for WDW (DCL would have caught it most likely)

If you want it to be correct, just call and tell them that her age is wrong and they will correct it and adjust the charges.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
When you made the booking for July, it was your responsibility to tell Disney the age of the child. If you didn't, that is why she is still listed as an infant. Disney IT is not that smart, especially for WDW (DCL would have caught it most likely)

If you want it to be correct, just call and tell them that her age is wrong and they will correct it and adjust the charges.
The hotel reservation is correct. I did tell Disney the age of my child.
The dining reservation system doesn’t allow you to list ages but instead asks you to include the other guests from your list of friends and family. You don’t need to do that for everyone in the specific meal unless it’s pre-paid. There was no way to change the age of my kid when making the dining reservation.
But thanks for your help anyway.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

While I agree with you in theory, in practice even telling them doesn’t always seem to work. We planned a trip when my child was still seven but the trip would be after she turned 8. We wanted to do the Wanyama Safari at AKL which was limited to 12 participants (and we would make up a third of that) and had a minimum age of 8. I had a heck of a time reserving our Safari with the CM who kept telling me I couldn’t book it for my child who was only 7. They eventually allowed me to book it, but I don’t think the CM really understood that my child, while not yet 8 when I booked the Safari, would be 8 before the date of the Safari. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom