Afternoon nap?

marytk

They are two sides to every issue, and I'd love to hear the reaction to this topic. Many guide books suggest the afternoon break, most especially in summer. I know that many prefer to tour all day, with built-in breaks in the itinerary (quiet spots, AC meals, etc.).

So what do you say: take the afternoon break back at the hotel (presumably to swim, nap, etc.), or not? Is the time and hassle involved worth it?

(Personally, our family of 4 will be going in early June, and as we are staying on-site, we've worked in breaks - my 7 yr. old sometimes has a hard time with intense heat. We've done MK before with no break, and we will just go with the flow this time; if we need one, we'll take it, if not, just keep going!)

Pioneer Hall

It depends on a few things for me to go back to the resort...

1) Crowds-If the parks are packed in the afternoon (Labor Day weekend when I am there), I go back for a break until they thin out later in the day.

2) Weather-I go in August so the heat is always a factor. I usually don't let it get to me because there is really no escaping it, regardless of time.

3) Touring Plans- We usually stay at the Polynesian, so I factor a break in depending on where I am. If I am at the Magic Kingdom or Epcot it is really easy to get back to the resort and to a park again at will. AK and the Studios make it a little more difficult.

4) Am I Tired?- If i'm tired I take a break. That really is the main question. Usually though, I can take 20 minutes inside an air conditioned restaurant with a drink and I will be OK.

Overall I think it depends on who you are and what you want. Those are what go in to effect when I decide on my breaks, for others (especially those with small kids) it could be a little different. Just remember not to do too much at one time. You don't want to burn yourself out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom