Africa Marketplace expansion coming to Harambe at Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sometimes I think that the admins should create a separate thread group for everything that is happening at DAK right now. Just group all of the DAK threads along with the Avatar threads. In sum there has been and is a lot of other projects going on aside from just that of Pandora: The World of Avatar.

I think that this new expansion to the Harambe area looks fantastic. Especially if it is offering QS food that are African inspired. It makes me wonder if there will be any expansion work happening in the Asian area in the next few years.

Yeah, I agree, that Avatar sub forum should be changed to something like. Avatar/AK Expansion

flyerjab

When you start to add everything up:

1. Pandora Expansion - E Ticket, C Ticket, new AAs, food/shopping, amazing theming
2. Expanded Outfitters store
3. New/improved Festival of the Lion King Theater and themed district area
4. New Africa Marketplace with new QS and shopping - hopefully african inspired QS
5. Nighttime safaris
6. Rivers of Light nighttime show
7. New tamarin exhibit
8. Refurbished show at Rafiki's Planet Watch
9. Flame Tree Barbecue expansion and plussing
10. Refurbished Pizzafari
11. Refurbished Tree of Life - Removal of Netting!
12. Refurbished animal trail - can't remember which one
13. Refurbished Tree of Life Garden
14. New TS restaurant

(We did lose a parade though, which was disappointing.)

When you look at that list, that is a very good trend for improving a park. I can put up with the construction walls over the next few years knowing how much better this park will ultimately be. Hoping that there are some additions to Asia as well (and of course DinoLand also). It seems odd that they are putting this much time into Africa/Harambe and they wouldn't do anything in the Asia area. Oh well, time will tell.

Kman101

When you start to add everything up:

1. Pandora Expansion - E Ticket, C Ticket, new AAs, food/shopping, amazing theming
2. Expanded Outfitters store
3. New/improved Festival of the Lion King Theater and themed district area
4. New Africa Marketplace with new QS and shopping - hopefully african inspired QS
5. Nighttime safaris
6. Rivers of Light nighttime show
7. New tamarin exhibit
8. Refurbished show at Rafiki's Planet Watch
9. Flame Tree Barbecue expansion and plussing
10. Refurbished Pizzafari
11. Refurbished Tree of Life - Removal of Netting!
12. Refurbished animal trail - can't remember which one
13. Refurbished Tree of Life Garden
14. New TS restaurant

(We did lose a parade though, which was disappointing.)

When you look at that list, that is a very good trend for improving a park. I can put up with the construction walls over the next few years knowing how much better this park will ultimately be. Hoping that there are some additions to Asia as well (and of course DinoLand also). It seems odd that they are putting this much time into Africa/Harambe and they wouldn't do anything in the Asia area. Oh well, time will tell.

This! I'm glad you summed it up. AK is getting a TON of work. I love it. I agree a nice dark ride would be really really nice, but it shouldn't discount the work going on.

Too bad they did nothing with Kali last time. They need to work on that next and Chester and Hester's, but overall, the park is going to be in great shape. People just don't care for Avatar so it's not exciting to them. It doesn't matter to me the plot of the movie. The land itself should have incredible theming. I guess I just look at things differently. It's not like we're getting a cheap overlay featuring Avatar that re-tells the movie. It seems to me the rides will be more about the land itself, which is what really appealed to the masses at the time. IMO. And conservation. Hello. That's what AK is all about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom