Aerosmith staying in RnRC?

Nineinchnailsmk

well, aerosmith did do their fair share of drugs and what not. I forget what happened exactly, but they arent a gleaming example of rock and roll. Heck, find me one band that is "clean" that is rock and roll. I like aerosmith a lot, and i hope they stay on the RnRC.

But I think aerosmith was picked because they are the epitome of American Rock and Roll.

My other suggestions for a band would be AC/DC, Van Halen (Sammy Hagar's Van Halen), (dont laugh, but..) METALLICA (my fav), there are a lot of bands i would love to see there too.

however i just hope it doesnt go Country or rap. But there's a good idea too, you can have the limos turn into "six-foors" with hydraulics and drive through urban america dodging bullets, or you can turn the limos into stage coaches or pickup trucks or tractors, and have the back country of america surrounding you as you pass through the barns and stables, with the fresh smell of manure flowing through the air and corn and soybeans surrounding you...(Oh wait, thats 98% of Illinois once you leave Chicago...BELIEVE ME, I KNOW! I DROVE THROUGH IT TO GET TO SCHOOL! :hammer: :hammer: )

"ding dang doo jethro, we must get to the pasture before the cows come-a grazin!!! Wait, what will we do with all of these people... Oh, there a stagecoach out back (or better yet a pick up truck) jumper in folks!" YEE HAAAW!

Anyway sorry about that...lol. :eek:

:lookaroun :zipit: :lookaroun :eek: :lookaroun :zipit:

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
well, aerosmith did do their fair share of drugs and what not. I forget what happened exactly, but they arent a gleaming example of rock and roll. Heck, find me one band that is "clean" that is rock and roll. I like aerosmith a lot, and i hope they stay on the RnRC.

But I think aerosmith was picked because they are the epitome of American Rock and Roll.

My other suggestions for a band would be AC/DC, Van Halen (Sammy Hagar's Van Halen), (dont laugh, but..) METALLICA (my fav), there are a lot of bands i would love to see there too.

however i just hope it doesnt go Country or rap. But there's a good idea too, you can have the limos turn into "six-foors" with hydraulics and drive through urban america dodging bullets, or you can turn the limos into stage coaches or pickup trucks or tractors, and have the back country of america surrounding you as you pass through the barns and stables, with the fresh smell of manure flowing through the air and corn and soybeans surrounding you...(Oh wait, thats 98% of Illinois once you leave Chicago...BELIEVE ME, I KNOW! I DROVE THROUGH IT TO GET TO SCHOOL! :hammer: :hammer: )

"ding dang doo jethro, we must get to the pasture before the cows come-a grazin!!! Wait, what will we do with all of these people... Oh, there a stagecoach out back (or better yet a pick up truck) jumper in folks!" YEE HAAAW!

Anyway sorry about that...lol. :eek:

:lookaroun :zipit: :lookaroun :eek: :lookaroun :zipit:

Classic :lol: I think Metallica would have been a better chice if they had still had Jason. Post Jason Metallica....i dunno, i met him a few times and hes a nice family type kinda guy. Lars and Eisner would make a good partnership, both greedy and get what they want.

gjpjtj

I think I have a solution for this one, leave Aerosmith as the pre-show band, but give the guests an option to watch the pre-show or just enter the ride! That way no more annoying people talking through the pre-show, and those who cant wait get right on.

What do you think?:)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Dont dis da smiffs!! They may have lost their way recently and need a little reminder that they are still a kick rock band, but many of today’s groups have no more than a 18 month shelf life so unless you want to update every 12 months leave it as is. People could also try showing a little consideration for other guests, that to would reduce chatter in all pre shows.

Thers no toys in my attic.

Nineinchnailsmk

i like aerosmith as much as the next guy, and i hope they dont leave :)

anyway, totally non disney thread drift, but the new metallica cd is supposedly going back to "the old sound" like a "old shoe, that fits great" :drevil:

anyway..lol:zipit:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by crazygirley
I think they need to, and soon. I think that you can only see the Aerosmith opener a couple times before it is boring and lame.
Thats just like saying - once you've been on any ride once, theres no point riding again. How many times do you ride BTMR before that becomes lame ???? :hammer:

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Thats just like saying - once you've been on any ride once, theres no point riding again. How many times do you ride BTMR before that becomes lame ???? :hammer:

well put, i dont really think I can see the opener and the soundtrack in another venue......

devilred

I look at it this way, you got a ride themed as a recording studio, right. If you change the ride all you would need to do is change the pre-show, which would take less than a week of filming and a new sound track, which would only take a couple of days to mix. So this ride is truly a ride that you can change the theme in only 1-3 weeks.

TwilightRocker

I've said it before and I will say it again. The day Aerosmith is replaced on RnRC is the day I stop riding it. Aerosmith is America's greatest Rock and Roll band. They are what American rock and roll is all about. If they were taken out of RnRC, I just wouldnt go on it anymore. I'd rather remember it as a great ride with a ridiculously awesome band, than a great ride that used to be better. I don't see it changing. And I don't see Aerosmith splitting up anytime soon. They're just too good.

I would have to say, the Doors are better than aerosmith. If Jim hadn't died it might be like Rock'n'Roller Coaster staring the doors, it could have been all psychadelic inside and such. Light my fire could have been playing with like strobe lights and lava lamps everywhere. Or you could make it the Balla Coaster with Snoop Dogg. Smoke would be vital, but hey, for realism only right?:hammer: :brick: :hammer:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You may be bored with the preshow, but I am sure standing waiting for 2 minutes each time wont kill you ;) appreciate the sound system, and look for some details in the recording studio!! That should keep you busy! ;)

Goofster

Yeah, if they got an option to watch the preshow or not there would be like 2 people in the room every time, and it would take away from the experience of those who didn't see the preshow. Whether people think they want to see the preshow or not, they need to see it.

Just my opinion

Brooke

i think Aerosmith is the perfect band for rock n roller coaster. i can't really think of many other bands that would be as good for the ride.

as for the pre-show, i think it's great too. i go on it all the time and everytime i am there everyone seems to be enjoying it. i think it's one of the better pre shows at wdw.

HMGhost13

Aerosmith rocks...flat out :D i LOVE seeing the preshow, i did it four times this past trip, and i only did HM 3 times...until Aerosmith is over and done with, which will be a very long time, at least another 10 years, it's notchanging very soon.

LOVE IN A ROLLERCOASTER!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom