Aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site - foundations being poured

Disneykidder

Great photo. It just reminds me of how much MK is changing and I don't like it. I love Toontown and the new Fantasyland will be mainly all for girls. As a mother of boys they are not going to want to go there anymore.:( MK is our fav park and I hope that stays the same aftter the expansion.:cry:

Is there a reason the Mickey and Minnie meet and greets weren't just incorporated into the Dumbo Circusland plans instead of having to build new facilities over on Main Street? Seems like it would have been much easier and more cost effective.

NYwdwfan

Is SW really an E? If so, I'd be tempted to put LM with it then based on the concept art and layout. I don't want to speculate too much as I'm sure there's more to it than we're currently seeing. Just an observation.
The 8 e-tickets (from the days of the old ticket books) were pirates, jungle cruise, country bear jamboree, haunted mansion, hall of presidents, space mountain, small world and 20,000 leagues (the only one to close...still bitter!!) I can still remember riding the carousel 5 times in a row because the park was still open and all we had left were A's.

BrerFrog

Is there a reason the Mickey and Minnie meet and greets weren't just incorporated into the Dumbo Circusland plans instead of having to build new facilities over on Main Street? Seems like it would have been much easier and more cost effective.

Because it wouldn't make much sense from a theming standpoint. :)

Mr. Morrow

Is SW really an E? If so, I'd be tempted to put LM with it then based on the concept art and layout. I don't want to speculate too much as I'm sure there's more to it than we're currently seeing. Just an observation.

I guess you are right SW is a D and that is mostly due to length.

RSoxNo1

Off-Topic:

E-ticket status was generally based on the attraction's level of immersion.

Now a days it would be based on demand. You price the most popular attractions at E-Ticket level as that would raise the most revenue. This would put new attractions like Toy Story at E-Ticket level even though by the classic definition it wouldn't be.

jt04

Not unless they double the ride length.

Soarin only "travels" a matter of feet yet it is certainly an E Ticket. So distance traveled is not necessarily a decider. American Adventure would also qualify as an E ticket and you don't move at all.

Mr. Morrow

Soarin only "travels" a matter of feet yet it is certainly an E Ticket. So distance traveled is not necessarily a decider. American Adventure would also qualify as an E ticket and you don't move at all.

Who said anything about moving, I didn't. The attraction is to short to be an E. Time length is the same reason I do not consider RnRC to ba an E. The length is only part of determining an E TOT is short but the scale and amazing themeing make it an E. This ride just isn't on a large enough scale to be an E.

jt04

Who said anything about moving, I didn't. The attraction is to short to be an E. Time length is the same reason I do not consider RnRC to ba an E. The length is only part of determining an E TOT is short but the scale and amazing themeing make it an E. This ride just isn't on a large enough scale to be an E.

So you are just expressing your subjective opinion on what qualifies as an E ticket it seems fair to say. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. At least that is the way it used to be.

Mr. Morrow

So you are just expressing your subjective opinion on what qualifies as an E ticket it seems fair to say. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. At least that is the way it used to be.

Yes this is my opinion as well as others who are never wrong on this board lik Lee and Martin. Like they have said Disney says it is an E but WDI views it as a D.

Biff215

I'm pretty sure WDW considers RnRC as an E-ticket. As others have said, guest demand and immersion really determines an attraction's "level" these days, not necessarily length (distance or time).

Mr. Morrow

I'm pretty sure WDW considers RnRC as an E-ticket. As others have said, guest demand and immersion really determines an attraction's "level" these days, not necessarily length (distance or time).

Length is a part of it as well as themeing, and scale.

IMO RnRC is only a D because of the lack of theming in the queue, ride lenght, and because the coaster itself is just an off the shelf coaster, nothing special about the coaster.

MinnieMommyMel

Very excited and relieved...

Thank you so much for the picture...this is so exciting! I have to say that I am pretty relieved to know that Toon Town is still there and will be for our trip next week! We have had a tradition with our girls that each f them has a picture at Minnie's mailbox and this year my youngest has her turn. :)

tirian

Now a days it would be based on demand. You price the most popular attractions at E-Ticket level as that would raise the most revenue. This would put new attractions like Toy Story at E-Ticket level even though by the classic definition it wouldn't be.

Internally, WDI still follows the old definitions closely, but you'll never hear them say it in public. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom