Aerial view of the Fantasyland expansion construction site - foundations being poured

jt04

Wow Steve! Just more proof that you have the best Disney site out there.

So, we can see that the area behind BatB is a retention pond. But what most amazes me is the scale of the MK within the tracks. As big as this expansion is, Disney still has more than enough room for expansion and improvements both on and off stage. Awesome.

BrerFrog

That is an incredible picture! I hope we can get more of those as time passes to closely watch how work is progressing.

Biff215

Great picture! Doesn't the current footprint for Mermaid look a lot smaller than the show buildings for IASW or HM? It's possible that it's just hard to tell right now, or maybe it won't need to be as big given the layout.

Definitely a lot of progress since the last aerial shot taken just about a month ago!

zweltar

It's very cool to see work starting and the progress that has been made. This makes me a little more excited for the expansion to be completed.

Mr. Morrow

Great picture! Doesn't the current footprint for Mermaid look a lot smaller than the show buildings for IASW or HM? It's possible that it's just hard to tell right now, or maybe it won't need to be as big given the layout.

Definitely a lot of progress since the last aerial shot taken just about a month ago!

Well those are E's TLM is only a D it makes sense that it would be smaller.

Biff215

Well those are E's TLM is only a D it makes sense that it would be smaller.

Is SW really an E? If so, I'd be tempted to put LM with it then based on the concept art and layout. I don't want to speculate too much as I'm sure there's more to it than we're currently seeing. Just an observation.

Biff215

Great photo!

Question. How does one get this photo? I thought air space was restricted above WDW.

It's restricted to a certain height, but it looks like this is fairly low. Keep in mind WDW property ends pretty close to the back of MK. Maybe that area is fair game?

Wow, they certainly have made a lot of progress in a short amount of time!

Trying to re-orientate myself with this photo and the concept art, it looks like Pixie Hollow (if built) will be where the tents in Toontown currently stand? If Pixie Hollow isn't built, couldn't those tents for the Mickey meet and greets remain and just have them incorporated into Dumbo's circus land instead?

_Scar

Trying to re-orientate myself with this photo and the concept art, it looks like Pixie Hollow (if built) will be where the tents in Toontown currently stand? If Pixie Hollow isn't built, couldn't those tents for the Mickey meet and greets remain and just have them incorporated into Dumbo's circus land instead?

The tents would be gone because of Dumbo anyway.

Biff215

By the looks of this picture, perhaps MTTF will be sticking around longer than we expected. They really don't need to move on that area until they are ready to build Dumbo, which should take a lot less time than LM. I guess it depends on when the new M&G's are ready at the front of the park, too.

Captain Chaos

By the looks of this picture, perhaps MTTF will be sticking around longer than we expected. They really don't need to move on that area until they are ready to build Dumbo, which should take a lot less time than LM. I guess it depends on when the new M&G's are ready at the front of the park, too.

I am guessing MTTF will be the last to go, probably next year sometime.. Just a guess though...

cblodg

I too believe that MTTF will be the last to go. Once that is shut down it will diminish park capacity for a good while until Dumbo and the rest of the FLE is opened. Right now I'm sure they want to get the Mickey and Minne M&Gs set up and ready to go then they'll probably do a phased closing to see what the load will be on the rest of the park.

Even though, in my opinion, MTTF isn't a busy location in the park it is still a land and shutting it down piecemeal would dramatically impact park capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom