Aerial view (June 13) of the Fantasyland expansion construction site

gerryu21220

Will any of the existing Fantasyland get a facelift while they're at it? I've always hated that Medieval strip mall look, particularly the facade of Small World (or lack of a facade, rather).

Tigerace81

It seems they are redoing Pooh's exterior, and Peter Pans. Small World is fine, but Snow Whites needs a facelift to make it look like an actual themed Disney ride. I hate the current FL facades so much, they just dont look good at all.

Horizonsfan

It seems they are redoing Pooh's exterior, and Peter Pans. Small World is fine, but Snow Whites needs a facelift to make it look like an actual themed Disney ride. I hate the current FL facades so much, they just dont look good at all.

If you look back at the "leaked" FL expansion blueprint, it sure looked like SW was supposed to get a new queue/facade. I sure hope that still may at least be a possibility. That is by far the ugliest of the tent facades in present-day FL.:hurl::hurl::hurl:

gerryu21220

If you look back at the "leaked" FL expansion blueprint, it sure looked like SW was supposed to get a new queue/facade. I sure hope that still may at least be a possibility. That is by far the ugliest of the tent facades in present-day FL.:hurl::hurl::hurl:

Where can it be viewed?

Tigerace81

I personally hate all the Tent Facades but I cant really remember SW, probably because it makes me so irritated haha. I wish all the rides has facades like DL has.

gerryu21220

Found the blueprint, but Small World isn't on it. Just off the left edge of the blueprint, so it doesn't show anything for Small World.

EDIT: OH, you meant Snow White. How do you distinguish between the two?

Horizonsfan

Found the blueprint, but Small World isn't on it. Just off the left edge of the blueprint, so it doesn't show anything for Small World.

EDIT: OH, you meant Snow White. How do you distinguish between the two?

Typically SW is for Snow White and IASW is for small world.

TP2000

The offender in question:

Yeah, the 1970's groovy-medieval tent look has to go. And yet right next door is a building with a more themed facade and detailed look to it, so clearly there's a precedent set for that sort of thing in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland area. But it's still hit or miss in the 21st century, for some reason.

Disneyland's version of the Snow White ride has a rather spooky exterior that fits the story well.

cali_83facade1.jpg

Tigerace81

^ Thats what im talking about. The tent styles wont fit FL after this expansion is done. Plus theyre ugly. Just looked up IASW's facade and I never remembered it having the Tent faceade. That is very ugly! If theyre changing all the facades except IASW then thats just stupid. they need to change all of them so the rides fit the land.

Horizonsfan

Not according to the Blueprint that was leaked. It shows a change on SW

All our insiders keep saying that there have been cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one. If that is the case it's a shame. I could live with Phillharmagic having a tent facade (it actually looks half-decent) and I understand the space constraints with IASW but Pan and SW really needed facade upgrades.

Exprcoofto

All our insiders keep saying that there have been cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one. If that is the case it's a shame. I could live with Phillharmagic having a tent facade (it actually looks half-decent) and I understand the space constraints with IASW but Pan and SW really needed facade upgrades.

Agreed, but I also like the look/concept of PhilharMagic in HDKL:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3279/2621051990_6db7fd40dd_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4400940101_f91e711135.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom