Advice Please? Any help is appreciated!

FLYERSFAN1234

Original Poster
A month ago I had every bone in my leg broken by an individual that I considered a friend. While I was in the hospital my girlfriend of six months dumped me and made several excuses for doing so. She put all of the blame on me and claimed that I was a bad boyfriend even though we never fought over anything when we were together. She also broke up with me through a text message the day of my surgery! I have been going through a difficult recovery period for the past month but I can't stop thinking about her. I truly loved this girl and she was the first individual that I fell in love with. We still talk through text message on a daily basis but she claims she just wants to be friends and she gets angry whenever I bring up our relationship and stops talking for days. I have a strange feeling that she has already started seeing someone else even though she denies it. I never thought a breakup could hurt this bad but the pain from it coupled with all of my leg problems has really put me down. Other girls have been visiting me and several have shown a romantic interest in me but I can't stop thinking about my ex. I guess I just need some advice because this summer has the worst time of my life so far. In addition to all of this I had to cancel my trip to Disney World that I had been looking forward to all year! I am a very upbeat and happy person but right now I could use some kind words and this community has always seemed like the perfect place for that.

P.S. I just wanted to add that we really were happy together and never fought. I think she may have been worried that her summer would be boring since I got injured

twodisneyfans

Misc

Believe me....things will get better! Reconsider canceling the trip...sounds like a Disney fix could help you right now if you can get around comfortably

DisneyBergh

P.S. I just wanted to add that we really were happy together and never fought. I think she may have been worried that her summer would be boring since I got injured

I'm really sorry to hear about all you've been through recently. I'd like to reiterate what the previous poster said...things will get better.

Just something to think about, you were happy but obviously your GF was not. Someone once told me that if you never fight, even a little, you must be living in a Disney movie.

First loves are tough loses. But that lose can be such a gain in future relationships. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Your leg and your heart will recover. They just need some time.

twodisneyfans

Misc

Someone once told me that if you never fight, even a little, you must be living in a Disney movie.

Not to hijack the thread, but i guess my wife and I are living in a Disney Movie...I'll have to be honest...and I'm serious...we never fight about anything....and we just celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
A month ago I had every bone in my leg broken by an individual that I considered a friend. While I was in the hospital my girlfriend of six months dumped me and made several excuses for doing so. She put all of the blame on me and claimed that I was a bad boyfriend even though we never fought over anything when we were together. She also broke up with me through a text message the day of my surgery! I have been going through a difficult recovery period for the past month but I can't stop thinking about her. I truly loved this girl and she was the first individual that I fell in love with. We still talk through text message on a daily basis but she claims she just wants to be friends and she gets angry whenever I bring up our relationship and stops talking for days. I have a strange feeling that she has already started seeing someone else even though she denies it. I never thought a breakup could hurt this bad but the pain from it coupled with all of my leg problems has really put me down. Other girls have been visiting me and several have shown a romantic interest in me but I can't stop thinking about my ex. I guess I just need some advice because this summer has the worst time of my life so far. In addition to all of this I had to cancel my trip to Disney World that I had been looking forward to all year! I am a very upbeat and happy person but right now I could use some kind words and this community has always seemed like the perfect place for that.

If she broke it off and only communicates by text then she is not interested in even being friends. Sorry if this sounds blunt, but time to move on. If she isn't willing to be there now, then when times get bad, and they will get worse than a broken leg, she won't be there then.

LilSuzy

I agree, re-consider going to Disney, it just might be the place to be to ease things up a bit. Disney is a magical place, you may need a break from the "real" world, go have fun and think of nothing else.....:animwink:

crazgurl

Really sorry to hear how your summer has been going... as the others have said, it may not seem like it, but things will get better with time. I had a really awful breakup with my ex a few years ago and the best thing I found was to get out and have fun with my friends. I realize with the broken leg that will be tricky, but you'll be able to get out a bit soon enough. Best thing you can do is when you get out, forget about her, even if it's just for an hour at a time, eventually an hour will turn into 2, will turn into a day, will turn into multiple days... I would also cut her out of your life if I was you. Speaking from experience, as long as I tried to remain friends with the guy who hurt me as bad as he did, I couldn't move on because he has a presence in my life, once I cut him out, I started to see myself more able to forget and move on.

360rico1

I agree, re-consider going to Disney, it just might be the place to be to ease things up a bit. Disney is a magical place, you may need a break from the "real" world, go have fun and think of nothing else.....:animwink:

And maybe take a friend. making memories with someone new might ease the pain a little. Besides she left you in a Text message when you were down. She had the odasity to call you a bad boyfriend. She is a bad girlfriend and a coward.Put her out of your life period. No more texting even though the temptation is strong you should not communicate with her at all. Things will never be the same between you and friendship will only cause you pain. you have to move on.
be strong and best of luck to you.

BrittanyRose428

Do not cancel the trip! If anything a trip to Disney will make you feel better. If you can get around okay with your leg I think you should definitely do it. Even if you take a solo trip-- it's something I've always wanted to do and how could you not enjoy WDW? I think you should go and turn your phone off during the day so you can enjoy the parks without worrying about texts from her, and just treat yourself for a vacation.

olinecoach61

I wouldn't cancel the trip either, bring a friend, a sibling, whatever. It could be just what you need to move on to the next chapter in your life.

powlessfamily4

Don't cancel the trip. You need something to make you smile.

As far as the girl, you deserve to be with someone who will love you as much as you love them. It may not seem like it now, but there is someone out there who will love you (and Disney) just as much as you love them. Forget old girlfriend, come to grip with what is lost and move on. :)

puntagordabob

Keep your head up.... if she was meant to be she will return... the question you must ask yourself is if she were to return could you truly ever trust her? No matter what though youll come out of this a stronger person....and consider this: who knows maybe one of the girls visiting you in the hospital is your future wife....so dont overlook that possibility.

Rinx

I know this may sound hard to do right now but you need to get as far away as you possibly can from this girl. Cut all communications possible (twitter, facebook, texting) and never speak to her again. She obviously doesn't care about you, I'm sorry. But reading what happened just shouts out that she doesn't care about your feelings at all. Your broken leg was the perfect and easiest way for her to cut the cord. She's holding you back from everything that's in front of you.

And who is this "friend" that broke your leg. Get rid of him/her too. Perhaps it was all a set up and they are together now, god forbid but some people go to extremes. So, in summary, delete these people from your life and definitely go to Disney as well. As for the Flyers...well...sorry.

Princess_L

Break-ups are hard. I understand, but that girl is not the right one for you.

Sorry about your broken leg, I'm sending you *hugs.*

I agree with everyone go to Disney.

Plus you can always get your cast signed by Mickey!!! :)

Fulto2102

It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all!
Move on from this girl it will never work!
Start planning another trip to wdw to take your mind off her xx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom