Advice on first trip

Robertingles

Original Poster
Hello, I’m going on my first Disney trip in July and would like some advice on two different topics which are the spots to eat at and which characters your able to meet that don’t normally meet at WDW. Any help for either would be greatly appreciated!!

Californian Elitist

What kind of food do you like? We have both quick and table service options here, but we have way less table options and more robust quick options. What are you looking for?

Regarding characters, I think it’s important to mention that many characters roam the parks and do not have designated meeting spots. So, sometimes you’ll have to follow them and wait for them to stop if you want to get a photo or an autograph.

Robertingles

Original Poster
What kind of food do you like? We have both quick and table service options here, but we have way less table options and more robust quick options. What are you looking for?

Regarding characters, I think it’s important to mention that many characters roam the parks and do not have designated meeting spots. So, sometimes you’ll have to follow them and wait for them to stop if you want to get a photo or an autograph.
I’m really into anything food wise and want to go to the best of the best table or quick whatever you recommend.

Character wise I did hear that they roam more I just don’t know who usually roams, I been hearing a bunch of different things so wanted something more concrete

MarvelCharacterNerd

Characters off the top of my head -

DL:

Fantasyland:

Gaston
Evil Queen
Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook
Alice & Mad Hatter

plus fairly often:

Mary Poppins & Bert
Moana
Merida
various roaming princesses (often Belle) and Anna & Elsa

and recently:

Pinocchio & Geppetto

Frontierland:

Mirabel and Miguel.
You might spot Tiana on the Mark Twain.

Critter Country:

Various Pooh characters.

Star Wars Land:

Mando & Grogu should still be out. Possibly Boba Fett and Fennic Shand but not sure as I don't visit that land. Plus regulars like Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers and First Order.

Toontown:

Fab Five and new character Pete

DCA:

Pixar Pier features Pixar characters regularly - generally Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Bo-Peep, Joy and Sadness. Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone are also around occasionally.. Seasonal events also bring out Carl, Russell and Dug.

Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde are often around the corner from the Little Mermaid attraction on the way to Grizzly Peak.

Cars Land has Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater regularly.

Avengers Campus averages at least a dozen characters out daily and sometimes nearly 20. I can run through the list if needed. :)

Fab Five are all over both parks but especially Main Street at DL (Cruella hangs out there, too) and Buena Vista Street at DCA.

If you're looking for anyone else specifically, just ask. :)

(These are just the main regulars. Others pop in and out at times, too.)

Californian Elitist

I’m really into anything food wise and want to go to the best of the best table or quick whatever you recommend.

Character wise I did hear that they roam more I just don’t know who usually roams, I been hearing a bunch of different things so wanted something more concrete
My favorite quick service spots are Plaza Inn on Main Street (highly recommend) at Disneyland and Cocina Cucamonga at DCA. I would stay away from the regular burgers and chicken tenders at the parks. They’re not that great and there are much better options that provide “real” meals and food. Bengal Barbecue is another good option, but for snacks. You should consider getting a corn dog from Red Wagon Inn on Main Street. Regarding table service, I frequent those less (hopefully my fellow Disneylanders can be of better service in that regard), but Cafe Orleans and Ralph Brennan’s are my preferences.

Mickey and friends can be found on Main Street and in Toontown. Cruelly, Geppetto, and a few others sometimes can be seen on Main Street, too. The princesses have a designated meet and greet in Fantasy Faire (although they too roam). Pooh and friends meet near the Pooh ride in Critter Country. Other than that, the rest pretty much roam. Same goes for DCA. Mickey and friends meet on Buena Vista Street and the Cars characters meet in Cars Land. Marvel characters meet in Avengers Campus, but they still roam.

Robertingles

Original Poster

DL:

Fantasyland:

Gaston
Evil Queen
Alice & Mad Hatter

plus fairly often:

Mary Poppins & Bert
Moana
Merida

and recently:

Pinocchio & Geppetto

Frontierland:

Mirabel and Miguel.

Critter Country:

Various Pooh characters.

Star Wars Land:

Mando & Grogu should still be out. Possibly Boba Fett and Fennic Shand but not sure as I don't visit that land. Plus regulars like Rey, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Stormtroopers and First Order.

Toontown:

DCA:

Pixar Pier features Pixar characters regularly - generally Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Bo-Peep, Joy and Sadness. Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone are also around occasionally.. Seasonal events also bring out Carl, Russell and Dug.

Judy Hopps & Nick Wilde are often around the corner from the Little Mermaid attraction on the way to Grizzly Peak.

Avengers Campus averages at least a dozen characters out daily and sometimes nearly 20. I can run through the list if needed. :)

Fab Five are all over both parks but especially Main Street at DL (Cruella hangs out there, too) and Buena Vista Street at DCA.

Ok this was a lot of help thank you! Some characters I don’t see here that I figured I would ask Oswald, clarabell, Horace, dr facilier, white rabbit, kristoff, and Winnie the Pooh rabbit.

Robertingles

Original Poster
My favorite quick service spots are Plaza Inn on Main Street (highly recommend) at Disneyland and Cocina Cucamonga at DCA. I would stay away from the regular burgers and chicken tenders at the parks. They’re not that great and there are much better options that provide “real” meals and food. Bengal Barbecue is another good option, but for snacks. You should consider getting a corn dog from Red Wagon Inn on Main Street. Regarding table service, I frequent those less (hopefully my fellow Disneylanders can be of better service in that regard), but Cafe Orleans and Ralph Brennan’s are my preferences.

Mickey and friends can be found on Main Street and in Toontown. Cruelly, Geppetto, and a few others sometimes can be seen on Main Street, too. The princesses have a designated meet and greet in Fantasy Faire (although they too roam). Pooh and friends meet near the Pooh ride in Critter Country. Other than that, the rest pretty much roam. Same goes for DCA. Mickey and friends meet on Buena Vista Street and the Cars characters meet in Cars Land. Marvel characters meet in Avengers Campus, but they still roam.
Plaza inn is a must for me deff going to do that and I just looked up the Cocina and deff want to try the carne taco. Out of the two sits down you sent I’d prob be more interested in Ralph’s.

Robertingles

Original Poster

DL:

Fantasyland:

Gaston
Evil Queen
Alice & Mad Hatter

plus fairly often:

Mary Poppins & Bert
Moana
Merida

and recently:

Pinocchio & Geppetto

Frontierland:

Mirabel and Miguel.

Critter Country:

Various Pooh characters.

Star Wars Land:

Toontown:

DCA:

Also for Pixar pier does any onward characters still appear ?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Ok this was a lot of help thank you! Some characters I don’t see here that I figured I would ask Oswald, clarabell, Horace, dr facilier, white rabbit, kristoff, and Winnie the Pooh rabbit.
Oswald occasionally on Buena Vista Street in DCA. He was out regularly during the Year of the Rabbit celebration.

Clarabelle and Horace there sometimes as well, though I heard they may have also moved Clarabelle to Toontown.

Dr. Facilier hasn't been around in quite a while (miss him!). But expect he'll be back once more Tiana stuff opens in New Orleans Square (French Market makeover and new attraction).

Olaf supposedly is very occasionally at DCA's animation building where Anna & Elsa also meet, but I've yet to catch him there. You have to stand in line and you get whoever you get - often just one character rather than both. Kristoff is generally more for party nites than regular.

Winnie the Pooh Rabbit occasionally in Critter Country where other Pooh characters meet. Heard he was out on Easter.

White Rabbit was out fairly often with Alice for quite a while, but now she is mostly on her own or with Hatter.

Robertingles

Original Poster
Oswald occasionally on Buena Vista Street in DCA. He was out regularly during the Year of the Rabbit celebration.

Clarabelle and Horace there sometimes as well, though I heard they may have also moved Clarabelle to Toontown.

Dr. Facilier hasn't been around in quite a while (miss him!). But expect he'll be back once more Tiana stuff opens in New Orleans Square (French Market makeover and new attraction).

Olaf supposedly is very occasionally at DCA's animation building where Anna & Elsa also meet, but I've yet to catch him there. You have to stand in line and you get whoever you get - often just one character rather than both. Kristoff is generally more for party nites than regular.

Winnie the Pooh Rabbit occasionally in Critter Country where other Pooh characters meet. Heard he was out on Easter.

White Rabbit was out fairly often with Alice for quite a while, but now she is mostly on her own or with Hatter.
Great thank you again for the help I really appreciate it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom