Advice on driving from Chicago

Cubs Brian

Ok, I know I'm being a hypocrite talking about stopping for the night on our way down to WDW this Jan. But do to unforeseen events(unplanned hospital visit for a week & 3weeks off without pay) I had to use up some vacation time and our plans for leaving in early morning have changed. Now we cannot leave until I get off work. Now I need advice on a descent hotel to stay at near Valdosta Georgia.We something with inside hallways not a motel. What kind of an area is Valdosta anyway?Never had to stop there before as we always drive straight through. Anyone stayed at Comfort Suites or Wyngate? thanks for the help. Also, what are the gas prices like on the way down? Right now I'm paying $1.73 in Plainfield.:sohappy:

Bug715

I know my family drives through Valdosta and I think we have actually stayed at the Wingate the before. At least I know we stayed at one somewhere. It was really nice. We have also found that Holiday Inn Express and Microtels are nice. The area is nice.

Gas here in Lexington, KY is between 1.66 and 1.73. Much better than it was a month ago!

Upvote 0

erstwo

I lived in Valdosta from age 8 to age 12. In many ways it is just a small, Southern town - but it does have a lot of "hustle and bustle" from the interstate (think 1000 Disney families just yours!), the college, nearby Airforce base, and outlet malls, etc.

I think you will find it a wonderful, family oriented place to stop for the night. Best of luck to you! My husband is from Park Ridge, his parents are 12 hours away from where we live right now and we are WAY too chicken to drive that long. I can't imagine how many hours it is to Orlando! :)

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

Original Poster
I lived in Valdosta from age 8 to age 12. In many ways it is just a small, Southern town - but it does have a lot of "hustle and bustle" from the interstate (think 1000 Disney families just yours!), the college, nearby Airforce base, and outlet malls, etc.

I think you will find it a wonderful, family oriented place to stop for the night. Best of luck to you! My husband is from Park Ridge, his parents are 12 hours away from where we live right now and we are WAY too chicken to drive that long. I can't imagine how many hours it is to Orlando! :)

Thanks for the input. The ride down isn't too bad. Usually we leave around 4:00 am and get to Orlando about midnight. I've made it in as few as 18hrs but usually about 20hrs. I drive for a living, normally working 10-12 hrs per day. So I look at it as long day at work.But my wife has pulled rank on me this time so we'll be stopping overnight.

Upvote 0

mickeypal1

We have stayed at the new Hampton Inn & Suites in 2007 on the way down. Near some food and a Wal-Mart if memory serves correctly. Came in kind of handy to run to and get the last minute supplies we thought of on the way. Didn't have to worry once we got to WDW.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom