Advice on ADR's for October Trip

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I am getting ready to submit my ADRs to my travel agent for our October trip and am just trying to pick the restaurants and finalize the plans. It is looking to be very difficult. So many to choose and so little time.
Ok we are going for 7 days and I at first I was not thinking I wanted a sit down everyday. But now that I have to decide it is getting tougher.

All of the restaurants I am deciding between are some of the cheaper ones. And I am mostly going for lunch times. So even though I know there are better choices out there please keep in mind that we are on a tight budget. (Except for Cinderella's Castle which we are doing but since you pay for that ahead of time it is not as big of a deal) I just want your opinions on these and help me to decide between a few.

The 1st day we are arriving there and think we might go to MK. We are not doing any dining reservations that day since we can't be sure of times.

2nd day: Lunch at Rose and Crown. My cousin is obsessed with England so I wanted to take her there. I am pretty sure we are going to go ahead with this. I have been there but it was a long time ago.

3rd day: MGM - we are either going to go to 50's Primetime or Sci-Fi. I just CANNOT decide. Any ideas either way are greatly appreciated.

4th day: Going to AK in the morning, probably will not sit down to eat, then Epcot at night. We want to eat dinner at Biergarten.

5th day: MK and lunch at Cindy's!!

6th day: I really want to try out the Garden Grill for lunch, but I also really want to take them to Marrakesh. I have never been to GG, but have been to Marrakesh. I loved Marrakesh, but can't decide if we should go somewhere new to all of us, or if I should show them Marrakesh which will be new to them. I REALLY need help with this.

7th day: Probably no sit downs, but I am open for suggestions. Anything in a cheaper price range that I missed or that is a must do??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

happymom52003

At MGM I would choose 50's Primetime over Sci Fi.
At Epcot on Day 6, I would say Garden Grill so they can experience a character meal with Mickey.
Have fun! We'll be there in Oct. too.:wave:

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
At MGM I would choose 50's Primetime over Sci Fi.
At Epcot on Day 6, I would say Garden Grill so they can experience a character meal with Mickey.
Have fun! We'll be there in Oct. too.:wave:

Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't believe the price of Garden Grill when I looked on allears.net today. That is one of the reasons I am considering it. 21 dollars for a character meal can't be beat.

happymom52003

Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't believe the price of Garden Grill when I looked on allears.net today. That is one of the reasons I am considering it. 21 dollars for a character meal can't be beat.

We love the Garden Grill. In fact, I'd say it is our very favorite character meal!

coltow

3rd day: MGM - we are either going to go to 50's Primetime or Sci-Fi. I just CANNOT decide. Any ideas either way are greatly appreciated.

6th day: I really want to try out the Garden Grill for lunch, but I also really want to take them to Marrakesh. I have never been to GG, but have been to Marrakesh. I loved Marrakesh, but can't decide if we should go somewhere new to all of us, or if I should show them Marrakesh which will be new to them. I REALLY need help with this.

7th day: Probably no sit downs, but I am open for suggestions. Anything in a cheaper price range that I missed or that is a must do??

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks all.
Our family enjoys Sci-Fi for lunch the burgers and shakes are good. We don't particularly care for the whole being embarrassed if you don't finish your meal aspect of 50's, but to each their own right.

Garden Grill will be fun and from what I can remember the food wasn't bad and DH did like the fish. We have never been to Marrakesh though.

As far as last day there really could be so many choices it would really depend on where you think you'll be. If you narrow it down a little I'm sure you'll get tons of opinions.

Tiggerfanatic

What park were you planning on your last day? We really like Beirgarten - really alot of food to choose from so everyone should be able to find something they like, and the oompa band is so much fun!

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
What park were you planning on your last day? We really like Beirgarten - really alot of food to choose from so everyone should be able to find something they like, and the oompa band is so much fun!

I'm not really sure as of now. Probably Animal Kingdom again and end the trip at night in the MK.
It just seems the majority of the places I want to eat are in Epcot, but we don't want to be in Epcot everyday you know? We want to go to more of the parks. But we can always hop so it's no big deal.

Does that band have certain showtimes that I should research? I went to Biergarten several years ago and remember that there was no one playing. So I should probably figure out what time I should go.

Mystic

What about ending your trip with dinner at the Liberty Tree in MK? It's fairly inexpensive and it's another character meal where you'll get Minnie and Goofy plus they'll be in colonial wear. My mom and I love it there, we always make a point of having dinner there every trip.

Ausdaddy

I think most people will tell you 50's Primetime over Sci-Fi. Garden Grill is a fun character meal, but you have to like the food. I would decide between that and Marrakesh based on menu. Personally, I would go with Marrakesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom