Advice needed for solo trip

disney.princess

My first post here! Hello everyone!

I've been lucky enough take 2 trips down to WDW in the last year and a half, but I need another fix! So I'm debating booking a trip for probably 3 or so days and going by myself, which I've never done before.

I am looking for any advice from anyone who has been to WDW alone, from what resort you stayed at, and any tips and advice on things that would be fun, or that you can do by yourself. I am thinking I'd fly down and use Magical Express, and stay on property. Undecided as to resort, or category, or when I would actually book the trip yet. Although I would love to get there before Christmas, it probably won't happen.

I'm thinking so far of spending time at Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and maybe since I will have time alone, taking the time to explore the resorts. I've only ever stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (which I love).

Any advice from anyone who has done this before? I would love any suggestions!

lilclerk

I don't buy that excuse. If you wanted to stay at a deluxe, by all means do so. Don't justify it. I'm too cheap to pay for a deluxe...or even a moderate...but if I wanted to stay at the Contemporary I'm certainly not going to justify my choice (though, unlike a lot of members on this board, I certainly am not denigrating people who stay at a value or moderate).
For any further solo trips, I'll be going value again. I was just a little uncomfortable when planning my first one and didn't want to be walking all the way through Pop on my own in the middle of the night. Now that I've been there, done that, it doesn't seem so bad. I actually didn't want to stay at WL ever, it was just the cheapest deluxe.

I've lived a sheltered life :lol:

And yes, I agree about wanting to be left alone in restaurants. I'm not a chatty person and just because I happen to be by myself, it doesn't mean I need your company.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom