advice for single travelller

SHAUN39

Greetings all,I am a long time reader first time writer on this site,Im due to be staying at the Polynesian Resort in September for a week,this is my fourth trip to the world but first time on my own,even though Im meeting friends there I have a few days on my own,anyone have any tips for what a solo traveller can get up to.
Many Thanks:wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Take advantage of single-rider lines if stand-by waits are long. Though in some instances the single-rider line can be slower than standby if the standby wait is short...

Enjoy doing things at your own pace, see the things you usually would rush past when you're with friends or family.

Upvote 0

challisgal

I loved having a day on my own in EPCOT, although it is an odd sensation to be solitary in one of the most family-oriented places on the planet.To keep from getting lonely, though, I'd suggest engaging other guests or, especially, cast members.

Eating was the most awkward. I stuck to counter service options. I don't mind eating by myself, but usually I have a book with me. I hadn't wanted to carry that weight around all day.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

I just got in from a 4 day mommy only trip. This trip I missed my kids more than I did the last one, it could be because in exactly 3 weeks we will all be in Disney.

Make small talk with other guests, it's really fun to learn about others, where they are from if they came alone or with others. Met a lady that came with her daughter for a girls weekend it ended up being in the end, so 6 ladies were having a weekend without the guys.

Had a great time talking to my waiter at Fulton's Crabhouse, he was so funny, we talked at least 20 mins in 1 segment of my afternoon and a few mins in between.

Upvote 0

kbmum

If you're interested in photography, you can look for great shots without worrying that you're slowing down the rest of the group. I went into MK one evening after my kids went to bed (DH stayed with them) and felt so free being able to take the time to set up night time shots.

Upvote 0

ohhector

If you're interested in photography, you can look for great shots without worrying that you're slowing down the rest of the group. I went into MK one evening after my kids went to bed (DH stayed with them) and felt so free being able to take the time to set up night time shots.

Yes!

I had a disney buddy set out for my last trip, and they cancelled 3 days before. Instead of getting upset and staying home, I went out and took some of the best photos of my life!

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=625274 (that's a link to my trip report with photos, just in case you were interested)

Upvote 0

travelgip

I was there on my own for a few days before my brother and his family arrived. In Epcot - go to the Biergarten for lunch and Japan sushi bar for dinner. I had a wonderful time at both since you are seated at large tables with other diners.
I am also a big fan of Mizner's Lounge in the GF - the band and bartenders and servers are very friendly and you will have a great time there!

Upvote 0

bhealthy

I just took my first solo trip this past May and had a great time. I would suggest maybe a tour you always wanted to do but nobody else will. I went to swim in the main tank at Living Seas. Awesome! I also ate at different places I always wanted to try and most others wouldn't. I agree with a few others to take advantage of single riders lines (we usually do this anyway with a small group too). Also maybe see a show or a ride you usually don't do or haven't done. Take advantage of slowing down and taking in the whole atmosphere and take pix. Take a stroll around other resorts you might want to stay in or just visit for a change. Always talk to others you never know who you will meet or what you may learn. It's always fun to share your experiences with your family and friends, but sometimes it's also fun to experience things alone. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Sadie22

I was by myself on our recent trip while DH was in convention sessions. I made ADRs for lunch at Chefs de France and Sci-Fi. I was not at all uncomfortable and received plenty of attention from CMs. The July heat made those midday rests in air conditioning absolutely necessary.

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

Take advantage of single-rider lines if stand-by waits are long. Though in some instances the single-rider line can be slower than standby if the standby wait is short...

Enjoy doing things at your own pace, see the things you usually would rush past when you're with friends or family.

We always do Single-rider lines anyway. Test Track has the best, it generally seems to only take around 10 minutes or less while going through it. RnRC is the worst, unless it looks really short, which means inside the door at the top, do the regular or fast pass. I think Everest is the only other one and we rarely use it, but it should be better than RnRC, but generally we get to AK first thing in the morning and are able to do KS and then head straight to EE with virtually no way on either. EE has been literally get on straight away, get off, and then get back on straight away multiple times in a row the past few times we've been there.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

I went to Fulton's and everyone there (only about 4 tables of people, including me) we all had our own server. Mine was awesome and chatted for about 20 mins or so and we also chatted off and on as he came to see if I needed anything.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom