Advice for a new fanatic?

Chris_TX

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I need some help! I just returned last week from my 4th visit to WDW. We had a wonderful time...but I got totally depressed about leaving, and now all I can think about is DisneyWorld! I must have become addicted to the Magic. But judging by the posts on these boards, it seems like I am not alone. I know I will feel better over time, but then again I don't want the "magic" to fade!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Part of the Magic is looking forward to the next trip. Watching for other peoples trip reports, etc. helps.

Where in Texas?

Chris_TX

Original Poster
Thanks...I guess it is time to start planning the next one... I need to arrange it for when Expedition Everest is open I guess!

Hakunamatata, I'm in Houston also.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Chris_TX said:
Thanks...I guess it is time to start planning the next one... I need to arrange it for when Expedition Everest is open I guess!

Hakunamatata, I'm in Houston also.

Well welcome to the boards. Its nice to see another home town member.

magda_96

magic

You can always relocate to florida. It is awsome living here, I get to go anytime that I wish to the parks. I am sure the the other locals know what I am talking about. Plus the annual pass holder price for a ticket sure beats the 7 day hopper pass price. I mean it helps that I was lucky enough to get an excellent job in florida. I live about 2 hours away which is great becasue it is perfect for weekend trips like the one i have in about 3 hours...Plus you get to try all of the different hotels more often and it is great with the fl resident rate.

Captain Hank

Welcome! :wave:

The photo updates and trip reports help with the post-trip blues. You'll find a bunch of great people on here, all sharing a love of Disney. Hope you have a good time here.

bucklmd

magda_96 said:
You can always relocate to florida. It is awsome living here, I get to go anytime that I wish to the parks. I am sure the the other locals know what I am talking about. Plus the annual pass holder price for a ticket sure beats the 7 day hopper pass price. I mean it helps that I was lucky enough to get an excellent job in florida. I live about 2 hours away which is great becasue it is perfect for weekend trips like the one i have in about 3 hours...Plus you get to try all of the different hotels more often and it is great with the fl resident rate.

Ok, Ok, rub it in for all of us that don't live there!!! :lol:

I wish I were going in 3 hours! Please have fun for those of us who are wishing to be there! :sohappy:

PS - Any job openings at your work?

Melerella

Welcome! Benvenuto!

You came to the right place! Leaving is always the worst part...but waiting is so much fun...all the anticipation. And we have alot of members who post a bunch of updates! Hope you like it here! :wave:

Chris_TX

Original Poster
Thanks Magda & Captain Hank! I wish relocating to Florida was a viable option right now. Maybe one day!

I'm glad there's a place like this to meet up with others who love Disney like I do. :) I've been to WDW before, but I just really fell in love with all aspects of it this time. I can't wait to go back!

JKovach

Account Suspended
live and die by these words.....

IF SOMEONE OFFERS YOU CHESNEY TICKETS... YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like my 6 closest friends along with about another 15 of their friends from school are going tomorrow... tailgating for like 5 hours...

WHATS MY DEAL... WHO TURNS DOWN CHESNEY TICKETS!!!!!

THERE'S MY ADVICE... FOR ANY DISNEY FANATIC...

DO NOT TURN DOWN CHESNEY TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

hls1023

Well, if it makes you guys feel any better I live in Florida (only about an hour and 45 minutes away from Disney)and I'm lucky if we get to WDW once a year. I know that I'm a FL resident and yeah we do get really good deals on rooms rates and such but unless your going for a day trip it can get real expensive really quick. :(

lebeau

I can relate.

I find it helpful to live vicariously through others on this board. I surf WDW-related sites at work and have travel guides in my desk. It's kind of like JAmie Foxx in Collateral Damage looking at a picture of his vacation spot while driving his cab.

It's not the same thing, but it is therapeutic.

DisneySam

lebeau said:
It's kind of like JAmie Foxx in Collateral Damage looking at a picture of his vacation spot while driving his cab.QUOTE]

I am glad I'm not the only one who was like "thats me!" during Collateral Damage. I have the beautiful castle and other attraction photos on my computer desktop at work.

Chris_TX

Original Poster
yeah, I do the same thing. thanks to this board, I have discovered #Disney-Central and D-Magic radio...that is really therapeutic also!

wdwishes2005

imho buy an AP, and do short trips once or twice a month, or get an AP and have two big trips each year. having an AP is great, if we have an extended weekend, or need to go down to FL for something, we can always stop at disney becuase of the APs.

colleen2997

I live in NJ and go to Disneyworld once a summer with my 7 year old daugter. It is our special time together that is just for me and her. I alwasy go through Disney withdrawal afterwards. Leaving sucks. My daughter gets sad leaving to but I tell her, if we went more than once a year, it would take away some of the excitement of our trips.
It is so therapeutic to talk about it and read about it in the boards. Also, putting together a scrapbook full of pictures and souvenirs in the months after helps me to deal with my withdrawal.
We plan about 4 months ahead and get so much pleasure just anticipating and planning.

Epcot82Guy

Just get ready to visit these boards OFTEN! It's like a disease! :zipit:

Also, check out some of the music sites. I know for me, that is probably the biggest part of the magic. Live365.com has some great stations. I find that really helps alot.

I'm new also....and I love this site. There is so much information at your fingertips. I can't wait to go......69 Days and counting! Keep reading those trip reports...that is what gets me through.....have the fun is looking forward to it. And as my husband keeps telling me "Work days makes the Disney days possible".

wdwishes2005

Epcot82Guy said:
Just get ready to visit these boards OFTEN! It's like a disease! :zipit:

Also, check out some of the music sites. I know for me, that is probably the biggest part of the magic. Live365.com has some great stations. I find that really helps alot.

as you can tell by my post-per-day average....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom