Advice for a 5 yr old Birthday at WDW

autigger

We are going to WDW for my son's 5th birthday and will be there on his actual birthday. :sohappy:

So far, we have scheduled the Stitch character breakfast at Ohana in the morning and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue that night. Will either of these places do anything special for a birthday boy? Also, I seem to remember reading that you could order a birthday cake in advance for the restaurant. Is this still the case?

Besides the birthday button at guest relations, are there any other birthday tips? :veryconfu

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you want some sort of specialized birthday cake you will need to order it at least 48 hours in advance however nearly every table service restaurant will have a generic 9" round cake available last minute. Nearly all restaurants will do something to celebrate a birthday if the see a birthday button or if you inform the cast members. Places like Hoop De Do and whispering canyon tend to make a bigger production out of it then places like Ohanna's but all will do something.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

Keep in mind this is his "Birthday trip" so let him wear that button his whole trip. When you make your ADRs, reming them with each one that your celebrating his birthday as well as make sure it's noted on the hotel reservation. if you've already made all these reservations, simply call them back and add the note. When you check in at the hotel mention it and when you check in for your ADRs mention it there too. There's no guarantee that they'll do anything and they'll tell you that up front, but they usually try to do special things. I have checked into my room and found posters on the walls, cards and candy bars, balloons, etc.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

When are you going? Could you request, while you are at home, an autographed picture of your child's favorite character and bring it with you as a surprise? just a thought.

Upvote 0

autigger

Original Poster
Keep in mind this is his "Birthday trip" so let him wear that button his whole trip. When you make your ADRs, reming them with each one that your celebrating his birthday as well as make sure it's noted on the hotel reservation. if you've already made all these reservations, simply call them back and add the note. When you check in at the hotel mention it and when you check in for your ADRs mention it there too. There's no guarantee that they'll do anything and they'll tell you that up front, but they usually try to do special things. I have checked into my room and found posters on the walls, cards and candy bars, balloons, etc.

Thanks for the tips!! War Eagle!!! I come from a big Auburn family. Me, my wife, both parents, my sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and consins all went to Auburn.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

Thanks for the tips!! War Eagle!!! I come from a big Auburn family. Me, my wife, both parents, my sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and consins all went to Auburn.

:sohappy: and WAR EAGLE!! You will find we are few and far between on this board, but I have found several. Off topic, but do you guys come down for the games?

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

I remember that stadium. It was my first football game in Longhorn Band back in 1986, and it was Coach McWilliams first game as the Longhorn head coach. It wasn't a pleasant game for us. I don't think we've played you since, but it could be selective memory.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

I remember that stadium. It was my first football game in Longhorn Band back in 1986, and it was Coach McWilliams first game as the Longhorn head coach. It wasn't a pleasant game for us. I don't think we've played you since, but it could be selective memory.

Well, you guys got us back for it this year. Yall got an AUsome new Defensive Coordinator this year. Treat him right he is a wonderful man. Will and his whole family are great. Our sons went to school together the past 2 years and it's only been a few months and we already miss them.

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

Well, you guys got us back for it this year. Yall got an AUsome new Defensive Coordinator this year. Treat him right he is a wonderful man. Will and his whole family are great. Our sons went to school together the past 2 years and it's only been a few months and we already miss them.

Yes, we are looking forward to a long and fruitful tenure with Coach Muschamp.

Upvote 0

lscott933

well at most character meal they have a a special place mat or something with all the signature on them on the table when you get to the sit down if you told them about the birthday when you made you adr's. i do it everyday i am there at disney since you usually eat at a different place. make sure he wear his button in the parks. sometimes you get special stuff done from the cast members.

Upvote 0

dgtolbert222

at the resort call the desk and they will send a wake-up call to the room from one of the characters, hint if you want mickey use a time a little off, like 7:02. We were at the rope drop one morning for my daughters 6th birthday and in the front of the line the cast member noticed the birthday pin she had on from the day before asked her what her favorite ride was she said POTC and he let us in before the rope drop walked us to POTC and we rode the ride all by ourselves with no one around the cm rode with us and gave her a coin from the ride for a birthday present. we were in the world 2 days before her birthday and we shopped for gifts while we were there, and had them held for us at the from desk of the resort and on her birthday while we were at the parks "tinkerbell" flew into the room and delivered all of her presents we purchased in the world and each one had a card signed by different characters and there was even a signed picture of Aireal her fav character. I will never ever beat this birthday. Hope you guys have a great trip and ROLL TIDE !!!

Upvote 0

Pooh'sBuddy

at the resort call the desk and they will send a wake-up call to the room from one of the characters, hint if you want mickey use a time a little off, like 7:02. We were at the rope drop one morning for my daughters 6th birthday and in the front of the line the cast member noticed the birthday pin she had on from the day before asked her what her favorite ride was she said POTC and he let us in before the rope drop walked us to POTC and we rode the ride all by ourselves with no one around the cm rode with us and gave her a coin from the ride for a birthday present. we were in the world 2 days before her birthday and we shopped for gifts while we were there, and had them held for us at the from desk of the resort and on her birthday while we were at the parks "tinkerbell" flew into the room and delivered all of her presents we purchased in the world and each one had a card signed by different characters and there was even a signed picture of Aireal her fav character. I will never ever beat this birthday. Hope you guys have a great trip and ROLL TIDE !!!

Too cool!!! and, um, about your last comment - this will be an interesting day!!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Try the pirate cruise for the kids at the GR or BC. The cost is $35.00 and the kids have a blast. Another cool thing to try is the family magic tour at the MK. I think is was $25.00 per person and the parents come along on this tour/game throughout MK. It was great fun and my DD rode with Peter Pan on IaSW. That is a video that is worth it's weight in gold.

These all need reservations made well in advance.

Of course you need to tell everyone at WDW you come in contact with that it is a birthday celebration trip!!

Upvote 0

Beccone

We are also celebrating birthdays next month while on vacation. When making our ADR's I made sure to let them know that it was 2 of my boys birthday that week and we are celebrating them. On their actual birthday's I ordered the cake (with their b-days being only a day apart I think we will be sick of cake by the end of the week but what can you do, lol). I have a tradtion of decorating their rooms while they are sleeping every birthday, I plan on doing the same when we are down there. We are renting a house and on the first day we arrive we have family that lives in the area and they are coming over to have a little party for them. My mil is coming with us and it is her b-day too that week so it will be very special for them all, kinda feel sorry for my other son and daugher though. I don't think I can do anything on their b-days that can top or even compare to going to DisneyWorld on your birthday, lol.

Upvote 0

jtced

DD 5th Bday

We took our DD for her 5th Birthday in May. We did have the Birthday Pin which is great b/c almost everyone will wish them a Happy Birthday. But we also gave her a Birthday Girl Tiara and sash on her Birthday to wear. She thought she was a big princess while we there. When we got back to the room a card and balloons from Cinderella and Prince Charming were waiting for her. That night for dinner she had a funnel cake for her Birthday (Her Fav) @ Epcot. (Couldn't get into Princess dinner, d/t this was a last minute trip) The next night was the Pirate and Princess party that she wore her Brithday pin and got many perks from it. Like free dessert!!! If you have a lot more time to plan there are so many things you can plan for them!

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

How does the character wake up call work? Do you just call for a normal wake up call?

Yes, just call for a normal wake-up call.

Also when you check-in let them know you are there for a birthday and what day. We have received cards, signed pictures of the fab 4 and balloons in the past. Each resort may be differant. We ar usually there for xomeones birthday each year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom