Advice/experiences with 3 year old and 12 month old?

Goof-Man

One of the best trips we have ever made was with our 2 year old and 8month old. It was different and we got some good quality time together. The grassy spot in the hub was a perfect place to sit and have dinner and my son who was 8months decided to show us that he could roll over and started to crawl. We were so excited that those memories could happen while at wdw!

KrzyKtty

With our second boy due in June, we likely won't be going on another family vacation until mid next year at the earliest. There's simply no way my wife will want to go to Disney while still breast-feeding and pumping - plus have a toddler - and she wants to breast feed until the baby is about a year old like she did with our first (we then took him to WDW on his first birthday).

That said, it's never too early to start planning the next trip! So, I'm really just looking to get the creative and inspirational juices flowing. I don't necessarily have any specific questions to ask; I'm more seeking any random thoughts and advice anyone can share based on their own experiences in a similar situation.

A few key details that likely won't change are:

- We'll be staying at either a Moderate hotel or a family suite at Art of Animation or All-Star Music. Wife won't want a standard room at a Value and we can't afford Deluxe.

- The trip will probably include anywhere from 5-7 full days, plus the two travel days.

- Flying in from out of state on direct 2-hour flight, Magical Express from the airport.

- We like pool time, so that will be included even at the expense of the extra park time I enjoy (with two little kids, it seems sacrificing park time for pool time makes a lot of sense, so I'm 100% on board with that).

Other than that, much of it is undecided, so really any input or stories could be helpful. Thanks!
If you're not going for a year, I don't think magical express is going to be a thing anymore. Or at least not as it currently exists. I think they're going to some sort of paid system, but I know a train is supposed to be operational by then.

The best advice I can give you is to go early in the morning, because you'll be used to waking up at the crack of dawn with the baby anyway, then take a break from lunch time until early evening, then go back to the parks. Get the best of both worlds. You get to go to a park every day, and still enjoy the pool and the resort. And the best of it all, the baby gets nap time.

KrzyKtty

I also agree with going with the largest square footage of room that you can find. With the stroller and all the other toddler / baby materials, having a place to put them all without feeling like you're tripping over everything will be really important.

A good touring plan might be a good idea as well. Do the more outdoor themed rides early in the morning and later in the evening when it's cooler. And hit the indoor rides in the middle of the day when it's warmer and brighter out. That way you don't have to slather on quite the same level of sunscreen either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom