Adventures By Disney

hack2112

I was just wondering if anyone was doing any of the Adventures by Disney. I know I am going on the long tour of Italy in late July/ early August. Just wondering if anyone was going to any of the other great destinations.

Spirit of America

I am going with my daughter and grandson on the Spirit of America Trip in June. Hope you have a great time in Italy. I am also going on the European Cruise in July - We will be seeing a lot in Italy also - Let us know how you like it. I am sure you will love it - Disney always seems to provide a high quality level of service and I am sure that your trip will be no exception.

Upvote 0

hack2112

Original Poster
That's exactly what I was thinking. Disney = First class service. Also, one of my third cousins works for Adventures. I think he's head of Sales or something, but he gave me all of the ABD pins from all the destinations on its own ABD laynard. I think I need a better case for my pins... Hmmm...

Upvote 0

smk

I spent time in Italy in 2005. Not with Disney tours or a cruise but just traveling in the country. It is BEAUTIFUL! If someone were to say to me this minute, "let's go back" I would throw things in a suitcase and run out the door. It is an amazing country, so rich in history it will give you a headache. Everywhere you look there is a building from 1200 AD, or ceiling in a church that will cause your jaw to drop. Make sure to take something other than shorts cause you won't be allowed in most places without long pants. Ladies, take skirts and leave the tank tops home, you won't be allowed to enter a church to take a look around with your shoulders and knees showing. No one in Europe wears shorts anyway so skirts are easy to find to buy and comfy to wear. Soak it all in, it's was my trip of a lifetime, expensive and fun. Have fun! Oh and this, July is HOT and AC is hard to come by in Italy, beware!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have been booking quite a few of the Adventures by Disney. They are becoming increasingly popular.
I just wish that they still had the Hawaii trips included. They were very popular last year.

Here is a special that they have out right now.

Pam

St. Patrick's Day Special Offer:

Find the real treasure at the end of the rainbow in Ireland - the enchanting Emerald Isle! Take a journey to ancient castles, dramatic coastal cliffs and pristine forests brimming with lush foliage and gentle streams. On this gem of an isle, there's magical surprises around every turn! Book by St. Patrick's Day and save $1200* for a family of four on an Emerald Isle vacation with Adventures by Disney in 2007.

To book or learn more please call toll-free: 1-866-566-7858

*$1200 savings is based on a savings of $300 per person off the non-discounted Regular or Value Season pricing on the land package for the Emerald Isle trip. Offer is subject to availability and may not be combined with any other offer or sold or transferred for commercial use. Conditions and restrictions apply. Valid for bookings made 3/7/07 - 3/17/07.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

We are going to Quest for the West the end of August. This is in Wyoming and very similar to the Wilderness Lodge at WDW. We will horseback ride, hike,and white water rafting (i hope I don't drown)

We wanted to do something different then the ususal Disney trip but wanted the secure feeling of what Diseny always offers.

Upvote 0

hack2112

Original Poster
My third cousin (I beleive) works for ABD and he says that all of the trips they offer are amazing. Plus, his name is Donald. How can you not trust someone who works at Disney who's name is Donald?

Upvote 0
I am going with my daughter and grandson on the Spirit of America Trip in June. Hope you have a great time in Italy. I am also going on the European Cruise in July - We will be seeing a lot in Italy also - Let us know how you like it. I am sure you will love it - Disney always seems to provide a high quality level of service and I am sure that your trip will be no exception.

When are you three going, DisneyGrandma? We may be on the same tour. I am booked on the Spirit of America from Friday, June 22 to Friday, June 29.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
Re: Abd

I was just wondering if anyone was doing any of the Adventures by Disney. I know I am going on the long tour of Italy in late July/ early August. Just wondering if anyone was going to any of the other great destinations.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Hello Hack !

Received a call at my desk this morning from my DH! "You know what? I just booked us for June 2008 for the Viva Italia trip with Disney!"

Wow, am I excited?! Well, just a little! :dazzle:

Please give a report when you return. We want to hear all about it.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Just to let you all know that Kingdom Konsultants will be offering a $100 gift card to those of you who book the new 2008 Adventures by Disney.

We look forward to working with you1

Pam

Upvote 0

hack2112

Original Poster
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Hello Hack !

Received a call at my desk this morning from my DH! "You know what? I just booked us for June 2008 for the Viva Italia trip with Disney!"

Wow, am I excited?! Well, just a little! :dazzle:

Please give a report when you return. We want to hear all about it.

I just got back 8/3. Here is my report. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Really, please do, I'm here yo help. Anyway, here it is!

Hotels:

In Rome, you stay at the Exedra, a Boscolo luxury hotel, if you've heard of the chain before. Beautiful rooms, the food is OK at best. Overall the experience in Rome is great, but when you have an on your own dinner, well, I'll get to that later.

In Tuscany, you stay at the Borgo San Luigi. The grounds are INCREDIBLE, but the rooms, not so much. Be warned, The rooms in the Borgo are all completely different from each other, which means, your experience in your room will vary. I'll talk about the food later.

Finally, in Venice, you stay at the Hotel Dei Dogi. This is another 5 star Boscolo Luxury Hotel. Unlike other Venetian properties, the hotel has its' own private garden inside of the property. I recommend walking it both in the day, and at night when all of the lights turn on. As for the rooms, they are also varying in size, but they are all clean and very nice. One more thing. In both Rome and in Venice, the showers have half doors, so, be careful where you place the shower head!!

Food:

Rome: The food varies. At the Hotel it is OK, at the other restaurants, it is good to great. On your on your own dinner, they may try to send you to Target. You can go if you want, but ask about where they eat. Also, ask them about a restaurant with a blue awning and it has pictures of movie stars on the wall. The BEST meal we had in Italy, hands down.

Tuscany: At the hotel, the food is incredible. The Tuscan barbecue was good too, but the meats may change at any time based on what they can find, we actually had rabbit.

Train Ride From Tuscany to Venice: They pack you a bag lunch with water, a fruit, and a sandwich. Unless you plan to eat something else on the restaurant, pick something up at the many storews inside of the train station. They usually give you about 15-30 minutes, depending on what time you get to the station, to visit the stores before you get on the train.

Venice: The food at the restaurant at the hotel is very good, and the other meals (except breakfast of course) are on your own. There's food for you.

Other Stuff:
Rome: The walking tour is long, but enjoyable. If you don't think you can do it, tell your Adventure Guides and they will help you back to the hotel or wherever you need to go.

Tuscany: In Orvietto, also some walking, but it's nice and leisurely, even on the scorching hot day we had. Also, Florence has a walking tour, so be aware.

Venice: Walking tour, yes. Bad, no. Also, you have to walk to the mask shop. It's a two mile walk, and about a three mile walk back, if you walk back, because the moment you leave the mask shop, you are on your own until dinner.

Overall:
The trip is INCREDIBLE! There is not one bad part of the trip. Once again, if you have any other questions just ask me. Hope your trip was as good as mine was!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I just got back 8/3. Here is my report. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Really, please do, I'm here yo help. Anyway, here it is!

Hotels:

In Rome, you stay at the Exedra, a Boscolo luxury hotel, if you've heard of the chain before. Beautiful rooms, the food is OK at best. Overall the experience in Rome is great, but when you have an on your own dinner, well, I'll get to that later.

In Tuscany, you stay at the Borgo San Luigi. The grounds are INCREDIBLE, but the rooms, not so much. Be warned, The rooms in the Borgo are all completely different from each other, which means, your experience in your room will vary. I'll talk about the food later.

Finally, in Venice, you stay at the Hotel Dei Dogi. This is another 5 star Boscolo Luxury Hotel. Unlike other Venetian properties, the hotel has its' own private garden inside of the property. I recommend walking it both in the day, and at night when all of the lights turn on. As for the rooms, they are also varying in size, but they are all clean and very nice. One more thing. In both Rome and in Venice, the showers have half doors, so, be careful where you place the shower head!!

Food:

Rome: The food varies. At the Hotel it is OK, at the other restaurants, it is good to great. On your on your own dinner, they may try to send you to Target. You can go if you want, but ask about where they eat. Also, ask them about a restaurant with a blue awning and it has pictures of movie stars on the wall. The BEST meal we had in Italy, hands down.

Tuscany: At the hotel, the food is incredible. The Tuscan barbecue was good too, but the meats may change at any time based on what they can find, we actually had rabbit.

Train Ride From Tuscany to Venice: They pack you a bag lunch with water, a fruit, and a sandwich. Unless you plan to eat something else on the restaurant, pick something up at the many storews inside of the train station. They usually give you about 15-30 minutes, depending on what time you get to the station, to visit the stores before you get on the train.

Venice: The food at the restaurant at the hotel is very good, and the other meals (except breakfast of course) are on your own. There's food for you.

Other Stuff:
Rome: The walking tour is long, but enjoyable. If you don't think you can do it, tell your Adventure Guides and they will help you back to the hotel or wherever you need to go.

Tuscany: In Orvietto, also some walking, but it's nice and leisurely, even on the scorching hot day we had. Also, Florence has a walking tour, so be aware.

Venice: Walking tour, yes. Bad, no. Also, you have to walk to the mask shop. It's a two mile walk, and about a three mile walk back, if you walk back, because the moment you leave the mask shop, you are on your own until dinner.

Overall:
The trip is INCREDIBLE! There is not one bad part of the trip. Once again, if you have any other questions just ask me. Hope your trip was as good as mine was!
Wow!!! That sounds like an incredible vacation!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
re: ABD

Yep, sounds just like Disney said it would be. I know your trip was great! We can't wait, and all those visits to Italy in Epcot just whetted our appetite. We're doing passport work now so we have NO surprises to spoil the magic. I hope your trip was as wonderful as it sounds. Does Disney really handle the details of your moving around from place to place as well as they indicate they will?

Upvote 0

hack2112

Original Poster
Yep, sounds just like Disney said it would be. I know your trip was great! We can't wait, and all those visits to Italy in Epcot just whetted our appetite. We're doing passport work now so we have NO surprises to spoil the magic. I hope your trip was as wonderful as it sounds. Does Disney really handle the details of your moving around from place to place as well as they indicate they will?
That they do. You just leave your luggage outside your door before a certain time, and you don't see it again until you arrive at the hotel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom