Adventurers Club: What Happened?

Brad

I just got back from Orlando for Spring training with some friends. While it wasn't a "Disney" trip, we had some time one night to kill and no one else in my group had ever been to anything Disney.
I've been a big fan of the Adventurers Club since I first went maybe ten years ago and have continued to enjoy it every trip, with kids and as adults only.
I have to say everyone was diasppointed including myself. I recognized a lot of the same cast members, but the fun just wasn't there. It really came off as a lame, lacking the great Disney theme that I've felt in past trips.
The main show was just one lady singing a couple of clueless songs and that was it. The crowd wasn't really into it, but I don't think it would have mattered.
Is this typical now, or were they having a bad night?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Brad
I just got back from Orlando for Spring training with some friends. While it wasn't a "Disney" trip, we had some time one night to kill and no one else in my group had ever been to anything Disney.
I've been a big fan of the Adventurers Club since I first went maybe ten years ago and have continued to enjoy it every trip, with kids and as adults only.
I have to say everyone was diasppointed including myself. I recognized a lot of the same cast members, but the fun just wasn't there. It really came off as a lame, lacking the great Disney theme that I've felt in past trips.
The main show was just one lady singing a couple of clueless songs and that was it. The crowd wasn't really into it, but I don't think it would have mattered.
Is this typical now, or were they having a bad night?

Well, I'm sure a lot of the responses will insist otherwise, but I agree with you 100%. I used to think that Pleasure Island was such a cool place, the Adventurers' Club in particular. But it's just incredibly dull now. Under normal circumstances, I would just attribute it to the fact that I've seen it so many times. But even when I've brought friends there who've never been, they've generally been bored.

One question for you though...What exactly is a "clueless song"? I didn't get what you meant by that.

Upvote 0

Heyyall

i still enjoy it, but i agree that it has gotten less interesting as the years go on.

nothing compares to comedy warehouse. its a favorite club!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Brad

Original Poster
Re: Re: Adventurers Club: What Happened?

Originally posted by Merlin

One question for you though...What exactly is a "clueless song"? I didn't get what you meant by that.

I guess I was referring to the lack of a theme.
I think what I used to like about the Club was the whole membership thing and all that and the songs they got you to sing.
The songs the cast member sang this time really didn't tie into anything that I could figure.

Upvote 0

CTripp

When we were there last September, it was pretty good. But I had never been to the Adventurers Club until then, so I really don't have any previous trips to compare it with.

Upvote 0
J

joviacdan

It's funny since so mnay people seem to love the Adventurer's Club, but I've never liked it there. Not a big fan of the Comedy warehouse either. In fact, lately, the only club at Pleasure island I care much for is the Rock N Roll Beach Club.

We're going back in September, and honestly, I'm not concerned at all that we only have 4 plus options. I've grown bored with Pleasure Island. I much prefer walking around the Marketplace and the West Side as opposed to going to the clubs at pleasure Island.

Maybe I'm getting old.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Pippa

I have been a fan of the AC since 1998 and in all my trips there the script is exactly the same, nothing has changed at all, I have video footage to prove it. If the clueless songs you are refering to are sung by Samantha Sterling they are " Adventure keeps calling my name" and "Most gentlemen don't like love". They have been sung by this character for years and the theme of her cabaret is the fact that she single!! The beauty of the AC is that although the script is the same, it is the audience and the ad-libs that make the club entertaining. I went there almost every night during my last 2 week trip last October and every night it was hilarious. Maybe the night you were there it was the audience and not the cast members that were having a bad night.

Upvote 0

Lee

Adventurer
Ditto.
Ain't NOTHING wrong with the AC. Honestly it's the only reason I go to PI.
The show is the same every night, with the same characters (the actors rotate). If you stay long enough you will see every show and hear every song.

Kungaloosh!
Lee, Adventurer's Club Member.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom