Adventurer's Club Update

Jerm

Original Poster
I don't know how many people go to The Adventurer's Club but I wanted to give a update of the goings on around the club. I spent almost 10 nights of my vacation there and must say that everything is amazing. All the shows were great and other then what looks to be the ships bottle missing toward the middle of my trip everything was working very well. The Yakoose is up and running and never shutting up it seems. Even the regulars were out in hords a few times when we were there and thankfully never to over powering to the rest of the guest. And I must say that Suger Snap has to be one of the best maids in the maid world!!!!!!!

Really if you are in WDW over the age of 21, or even younger if you don't have to drink to have fun like me, and you want to laugh you butt off spend a full night in AC. If anyone was visiting during Sept 30 to Oct 9 drop me a line and lets relive some of the fun times we all had in the club.

J

P.S.--I have a few pics if anyone wants to see.

sabian

Yeah, Post the PIcs!!! We would all love to see them. I love adventurers club....only 18 days til disney............. :sohappy:

rainfully

The Adventurer's Club is one place I haven't gone that I'm dying to get to!! Seems like every time we go down there, we're always too tired at night to get to PI... even though it's always on our list of things to do. But I've heard nothing but good things about AC. I'd love to see some pictures!!

LadyDarling

I agree! Whenever we go, we spend most of our nights there (since it's usually off season and the parks aren't open very late). It's great! We bounce between that club and the Comedy Club! :)
~Jay

RPMdfw

Jerm said:
I don't know how many people go to The Adventurer's Club but I wanted to give a update of the goings on around the club. I spent almost 10 nights of my vacation there and must say that everything is amazing. All the shows were great and other then what looks to be the ships bottle missing toward the middle of my trip everything was working very well. The Yakoose is up and running and never shutting up it seems. Even the regulars were out in hords a few times when we were there and thankfully never to over powering to the rest of the guest. And I must say that Suger Snap has to be one of the best maids in the maid world!!!!!!!

Really if you are in WDW over the age of 21, or even younger if you don't have to drink to have fun like me, and you want to laugh you butt off spend a full night in AC. If anyone was visiting during Sept 30 to Oct 9 drop me a line and lets relive some of the fun times we all had in the club.

J

P.S.--I have a few pics if anyone wants to see.

Were you there the night Tiny Elvis showed up? ROFLMAO, THAT was funny!

cherrynegra

I don't know....everyone says that the Adventurer's Club is fun, but I thought I read something about audience participation. And I for one am not amused at being picked out in a crowd and made to "join" in the fun for the amusement of others. I've had this happen to me one too many times at other cabarets to put me off on this place.

Jerm

Original Poster
RPMdfw said:
Were you there the night Tiny Elvis showed up? ROFLMAO, THAT was funny!

We missed Tiny Elvis but heard all about him. I have never had so much fun as I have at AC. Also if you don't want to join in that kinda cuts down on the fun there cause it really is you are part of the show. In the 8 nights we were there I only saw one person do the stone faced I am not going to join in and have fun thing. He then they got all y to the rest of the party he was with and left right after that show. They are really good at not picking on someone that does not look into it cause if that person is not into it then it just makes it harder for them to do the show. But anyway I love it and would never miss a night if I can help it.......anyone catch Ray while they were there?

J

RPMdfw

Jerm said:
.......anyone catch Ray while they were there?

J

We caught Ray on several nights. In his football uniform, in his little hotpants. . . in the loud shirts . . . He's quite the character. The last time we saw him he'd finally ditched the "no sniveling" sign. I can't believe he didnt' get rope burn from that thing. That night, one of the cast members was coming his way for something, and he sort of ducked down and the cast member (who was playing Otis T. Wren) said "Oh, sure Ray, go ahead and hide, you're SO INCONSPICUOUS!" It was funny.

Too bad you missed Tiny Elvis. Between him and the cast making fun of the couple making out at the bar, I could barely breath I was laughing so hard. One of the best Hooplas EVER!

Lee

Adventurer
I was there on the night Tiny Elvis was there (last Sat), but I came in later. What was that all about?

And, yeah, I encountered Ray...what's up with him? Odd...very odd.

Jerm

Original Poster
RPM it sounds like we were there on some of the same nights. We talked to Ray a few times we even ran into him at MK. Wow I miss AC big time already.

J

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
So that's what that was...

We got to go to the Adventurer's Club for the first time on Oct. 5th...and I can only wonder why we waited so long! Great fun and for those that don't want to get actively involved, that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Good that I came across this thread as our first observation when we entered was this older man in yellow hot pants, a flowered shirt, Mickey gloves (with a beer) and a big sign around his neck. First thought was that he was part of the cast...but that beer ruled that out. Second thought was that he was dressed that way as part of audience participation in the show...I was mortified at that thought and started looking for the exit.

We finally confirmed that he was just an independant fruit loop when "Ginger" made a remark to my wife. Now you've given a name to this escapee from happy acres, Ray. Guess we could deal with him, but there were some really scary looking lurkers hanging near the General that my wife stayed as far away from as possible.

On the positive side, there were two young women there with their boyfriends/spouses wearing the light up tiara's. Needless to say they were the focus of attention, particularly with the men...and didn't mind it a bit.

We'll definitely visit again when in town...hopefully on a day when Ray has his basket making class at happy acres. :lookaroun :eek:

ZHoyt

Is it true they changed pricing at Pleasure Island? I had fun when I went to the AC, but not $20 admission fun.

Jerm

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
We finally confirmed that he was just an independant fruit loop when "Ginger" made a remark to my wife.

I think you mean Sugar as in Sugar Snap "and then you snap back"

ClemsonTigger said:
We'll definitely visit again when in town...hopefully on a day when Ray has his basket making class at happy acres. :lookaroun :eek:

And Ray really is not that bad we did talk to him a few times. He has a wife and a home and all that stuff he is just a fun guy. They said he comes every year for his birthday.

J

t3techcom18

Wow! The AC sounds good! However, since it's in PI, do you have to pay for the entrance, and is there an age restriction for that club?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Jerm

I think you mean Sugar as in Sugar Snap "and then you snap back"

Thanks Jerm, I just managed to remember the Snap part... as we are novices, unfortunately we just referred to the maid, or the guy with the fez or the good looking guy, or the boy scout... something to work on for future trips. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're right about Ray...the shirt was fine, the Mickey hands OK...even the shorts, while pushing it were...well :lookaroun , I just couldn't get over walking around with a two foot sign around your neck.

In truth the one person we were truly worried about...well I won't describe too much but he just hung against the wall next to the General?...Brigadeer, whatever and kind of leered at all passing.

The best guests were two young women wearing flashing crowns. All of the "permanent" characters in the lounge as well as the cast kept them in all of the conversations...didn't look quite the same when we saw them in Epcot the next day however, sans crowns.

Pippa

Hi guys, yes the WDWMagic self-styled AC expert is here.

Don't forget that there are several maids and one happens to be called Sugar Snap (young and blonde) and another is called Ginger Vitus (not as young and a sort-of red head) so its possible you are both thinking of different maids!!!!

Jerm

Original Poster
Pippa said:
Hi guys, yes the WDWMagic self-styled AC expert is here.

Don't forget that there are several maids and one happens to be called Sugar Snap (young and blonde) and another is called Ginger Vitus (not as young and a sort-of red head) so its possible you are both thinking of different maids!!!!

I am 99% sure I was there on that night....they all kinda ran together... but I know Sugar was set on maid duty for most of our trip. We did see her twin sister Sam one night;-) Pippa do you know any way to contact Sugar we have a great pic we would love to get to her.

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom