Adventurer's Club Question

CoryMitchell

Original Poster
Hey Peeps.
A quick question for ya.
Is there anyway to find out what shows are being performed at the Adventurer's Club before I head over for the night?
I'm going to be down there in a few weeks and I'm dying to see the Balderdash Cup, but I want to make sure its playiong before I make plans to head over there on any given night.

Raptorsr

Not quite sure but when I went down it was the same everynight. You want to get there right at the start of the night and go two nights to get the whole show though. When one show is on in the main room there is another one in the theatre room. So you can never see the whole show unless you can be in two places at once. It was great I just would like to know how often they change the show.

PhotoDave219

I'm assuming you mean the main library shows. There's nothing online or on the Cast Portal that gives you this information.

But here's the schedule for an average night in the library - Not barring any late openings due to Banquets renting out the place. On those nights, the club usually opens at 9-Ish. The show schedule is solid, for the most part.

Welcome Party
Tales of the Adventures Club Radio Broadcast
Baulderdash Cup (9:35 usually)
Second Annual Radiothon
Samantha's Caberet
Hoopla

There's an Adv Club Yahoo group out there where you might dig up more info.

Jerm

Cory,

It does depened on what time the club opens that night. Some times they have special events that can cause the club to open later. I would say jsut go early check out the times that are posted near the door and sit and enjoy a Monkey-Nut. Also "plug" you could sign up for the AC yahoo group we update all the time on anything going on at the club.

J

SpenceMan01

AC is the one thing I didn't get to do when I was down there last month. We even got complimentary PI tickets, just no time to go :( :cry:

PhotoDave219

Okay, lets try this again..... Traditionally when the club opens following a banquet or special event, its around 9:15. Traditionally the Baulderdash cup is the first show open to the Public on those nights. Thankfully major banquet season is over.

Traditional Library Show Times:
Welcome Party - 815
Radio Broadcast - 8:45ish
Baulderdash - 9:35
Radiothon - 10:15
Sami's Caberet - 11:05
Hooplah 12:10/12:20ish

Pippa

westie said:
I'm sure Pippa would know. Kongaloosh!!

I'm sorry, did someone say my name??!!!

I can concur that PhotoDave219's info is correct. I am a lurker on the yahoo groups (don't post very often but I like to keep updated!) and consider myself an "out of town regular", in other words I am there every night of my holiday!

CoreyMitchell; excellent choice of show, the Balderdash Cup is one of my favs!

foxfire

PhotoDave219 said:
Okay, lets try this again..... Traditionally when the club opens following a banquet or special event, its around 9:15. Traditionally the Baulderdash cup is the first show open to the Public on those nights. Thankfully major banquet season is over.

Welcome Party - 815

I hope that when I come back to visit, probably for Sugar's last night, there is NO banquet....also, as the new Hathaway might say, smashing job on the schedule mate.

ashaynapunim

PhotoDave219 said:

Welcome Party - 815

Hi! I'm new! Long time lurker...first time poster!

Dave, if I may interject...

TRADITIONALLY, there is no set time for the Adventurers Club to open when there is a banquet. Time and location of the banquets are set by those hosting said banquets.

Please let me clarify.

True, many banquets are 3 hours in length and begin at 6pm, simply because that's what the WDW Event Planners push for. But the host(s) can pay for more hours of private entertainment, as well as determine what time the function begins, if they so desire. So if they use the "pushed" time, yes, the Club will open at 9pm (give or take). If they want a 3-hour party to begin at 5pm, the Club opens at (approx.) 8pm. If they want a 4-hour party to begin at 6pm, the Club opens around 10:00pm. Money talks and if you're willing to spend the several thousands of dollars that a banquet costs, you get to call the shots.

A package for a banquet at the AC, besides offering your choice of food, beverage and live entertainment, can include the entire facility, just the Library, or a mixture of both. That will also determine what time the Club opens since, if the hosts choose to only use the Library, or to stay in the Library after a certain time, the other rooms can still be open for Guests (so the Club might open at 7pm but there might not be a Library show until after 9pm).

And so, as you can see, there is no tradition to the time the Club opens after a banquet, since it's based almost completely on the decisions of the banquet hosts. I'm not sure where Dave got the idea that there's a traditional opening time. :veryconfu

As for the concept of "major banquet season," we all know that WDW is a tourist destination so any time of the year is fair game for banquets related to conventions, family reunions, work gatherings, friend gatherings, wedding parties, birthday parties, etc., not just the traditional December/holiday season of most non-Disney banquet facilities. Thankfully, the Adventurers Club has LOTS of banquets all year round, which helps to keep its incoming dollar amounts high, which makes it look good to the beancounters. So the next time you're disappointed that the Club isn't opening until 9:30pm, just remember what happened to the PI Jazz Co., the Disney Institute and DisneyQuest Chicago.

Someone also mentioned the Yahoo Group to find out opening times in advance. Yes, there are some people who post there who apparently have access to the cast portal. They try to be helpful and post the "late openings" dates and times as they become available. Unfortunately, that listing is not very reliable, so besides the opening times frequently being incorrect, there wind up being many more late openings than what they list. So although the efforts of posting the times are appreciated, they're really of very little use at all.

Ducky_Love

Pippa said:
I am a lurker on the yahoo groups (don't post very often but I like to keep updated!) and consider myself an "out of town regular", in other words I am there every night of my holiday!

Come, come Pippa~ you're no lurker on the yahoo groups! We all know you! A lurker would be me on this site! ;)

Ducky!
- aka rande_woods .. AC yahoo group moderator, CW yahoo group owner.

PhotoDave219

ashaynapunim said:
Hi! I'm new! Long time lurker...first time poster!

And so, as you can see, there is no tradition to the time the Club opens after a banquet, since it's based almost completely on the decisions of the banquet hosts. I'm not sure where Dave got the idea that there's a traditional opening time. :veryconfu

From the number of times ive been outside talking to Kirk for an hour before the club opens in the past two months.

My information comes from first hand experience.

Slipknot

Another question about AC

Where in Downtown Disney is it?? Is it where the entrance to the parking lot says Marketplace or is it at the West Side??

Pippa

Ducky_Love said:
Come, come Pippa~ you're no lurker on the yahoo groups! We all know you! A lurker would be me on this site! ;)

Ducky!
- aka rande_woods .. AC yahoo group moderator, CW yahoo group owner.

Cool!! People know who I am!! I am looking forward to meeting some of the faceless names I have come to know in November!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom