Adventureland's Future

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Dosnt anyone think Adventureland needs a new E Ticket attraction I mean The Jungle Cruise and Pirates and are awesome but thats all that draws people to the area. Adventureland is filled with great themeing and is due for a great attraction.....and i dont mean a Dumbo Clone (magic carpets) but great themeing idea (Agrabah Bazaar). Any thoughts on this?:confused:

Dizknee_Phreek

i want the old adventureland back!!! i'm sure they changed it cuz they figured they had enough adventure themed stuff with animal kingdom. but nothing beat the old adventureland! sure, it probably could've used some updated...but not aladdin!! i'm one of those people who like to hold on to my past as long as i possibly can! i don't like change...never have!! although, i do accept some changes more readily than others (such as the new tomorrowland, and mickey's toontown fair) but when they start messing with adventureland...that takes the cake!! they could've messed with fantasyland, i wouldn't have cared! i know some people would've though....why didn't they just extend adventureland somehow...or even went behind it's a small world and some of those places and built an Agrabah? i agree, that was really great themeing, i love the themeing...but did it HAVE to be in my precious adventureland?! i'm just thankful that they left the stautes that played the cool tribal drum music! but i still haven't seen a really big increase to that particular area...i still see everyone cramed into the gift shops at the pirates end! to me, the only reason they wanted to change that area was to make use of 'dead' space that was never really 'dead' to begin with! it just makes everything look like a jumbled up mess to me!

markymark

I think it's fine as it is. The very fact that there isn't loads there means is offers a bit of respite. I often to take a break there and watch "the world" go by. I also don't know if there is the room for another major atraction there. Plus if there was, it might make the area too crowded, and I love the fact that at the end of the day, you can just walk on to PoC, a new attraction might provide too much overspill and fill up Pirates.

DisJosh

I think its fine as it is.......I havent seen the new Agrabah theming yet though........will I be dissapointed seeing I'm a huge fan of adventureland as it was?

jay_london

Originally posted by FutureImagineer
Dosnt anyone think Adventureland needs a new E Ticket attraction I mean The Jungle Cruise and Pirates and are awesome but thats all that draws people to the area. Adventureland is filled with great themeing and is due for a great attraction.....and i dont mean a Dumbo Clone (magic carpets) but great themeing idea (Agrabah Bazaar). Any thoughts on this?:confused:

I can't understand why you bother going to wdw, every post I see from you all you want to do is rip out anything that is more than 5 minutes old and replace it with a thrill ride. So why dont you go stay at IOA or Busch gardens and leave wdw alone for people that love it. Its about the mixture of types of ride the theming, people love the old rides as well as the new. With the exception of JIYI when they put new rides in they are great but we have been to the parks when there haven't been any major changes since the last time we went and still loved it just as much.

I, like so many other regular visitors to the WDW have riden rides like COP & Its a small world many times but the magic is still there. There is just as imporatant a place for the COP as an original classic ride as there is for mission space, an up todate technological wonder. The answer is if you don't like it walk by it and leave it for those that do like it.

DisJosh

Re: Re: Adventureland's Future

Originally posted by jay_london

I can't understand why you bother going to wdw, every post I see from you all you want to do is rip out anything that is more than 5 minutes old and replace it with a thrill ride. So why dont you go stay at IOA or Busch gardens and leave wdw alone for people that love it. Its about the mixture of types of ride the theming, people love the old rides as well as the new. With the exception of JIYI when they put new rides in they are great but we have been to the parks when there haven't been any major changes since the last time we went and still loved it just as much.

I, like so many other regular visitors to the WDW have riden rides like COP & Its a small world many times but the magic is still there. There is just as imporatant a place for the COP as an original classic ride as there is for mission space, an up todate technological wonder. The answer is if you don't like it walk by it and leave it for those that do like it.

Ditto!

FutureImagineer

Original Poster

Sorry if you got the wrong impression. I love wdw Adventureland? I was just making conversation, just thought i could get other peoples ideas of different rides that could go in there, I wasnt saying I hate it and we need tons of attractions there to make it better i think its great the way it is I was just seeing what people were thinking out there. Anyways the Kingdoms lands are fine by me and Im sorry if I gave anyone the wrong impression, I didnt mean to word my post like that. Im just curious about whats happening in the future of this place.

DisJosh

Why would you want to get over CoP? Its a great ride and WDW has denied any rumors of closing it........despite the reduced running time(which usually means something is closing). CoP just needs some TLC and a little updating in the technology used to run it. The future of Adventure Land and the total allteration of Adventure Land are two diferent things and from what you've posted it sounds like you would rather see adventure land or any other land for that matter turned into a maze of entangled steel coaster track. I personally think Adventure Land can do with out the thrill rides....its doing just fine now the way it is. If there were a thrill ride in every land it wouldnt be WDW it would be IOA or Six Flags.

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Also Disney World is magical becuase of its themeing of rides, and thats the reason I love it. IOA and Busch gardens and nothing but but a bunch of attractions pushed into one sace and thats good for people who want a cheap thrill but if Im the kind of guy who likes and appreciates the Imagineers amazing work on theming of the great attractions......I love the attractions but its hard to watch the travel chennel and watch them bash the crap out Disney while talking about how great IOA is. All people care about it seems is cheap thrills ad not theming....anyone can build a roller coater but it takes a lot more to build a environment for that roller coaster. Quality not Quantity.

DisJosh

Also Disney World is magical becuase of its themeing of rides, and thats the reason I love it. IOA and Busch gardens and nothing but but a bunch of attractions pushed into one sace and thats good for people who want a cheap thrill but if Im the kind of guy who likes and appreciates the Imagineers amazing work on theming of the great attractions......I love the attractions but its hard to watch the travel chennel and watch them bash the crap out Disney while talking about how great IOA is. All people care about it seems is cheap thrills ad not theming....anyone can build a roller coater but it takes a lot more to build a environment for that roller coaster. Quality not Quantity.

Thats too true! Down with IOA!!....j/k:D

FutureImagineer

Original Poster
Exactly, My last Disney trip was in April and the last day we decided to check out IOA, I was with my Family and they kinda suckered me into it. Once we left Disney World my whole attitude changed and I felt like I was going to a town carnival having to drive through downtown orlando and such, the whole day i was in no mood to go on any rides...and we stayed at a real bad hotel so that kinda ruined it to, the whole day my Family was like we should have stayed an extra day in Disney....would have ended the Vaca on a good note.....oh well live an learn.

jay_london

cool I understand your thinking but I get a little uptight at the thought of losing some of the classic rides, not just for the loss of the history but because of the link they have with the Great Man himself.

jay

DisJosh

Originally posted by jay_london

cool I understand your thinking but I get a little uptight at the thought of losing some of the classic rides, not just for the loss of the history but because of the link they have with the Great Man himself.

jay

Awwwww Jay ya didnt have to call me the Great Man........I'm so flattered!:D

bonbon

Adventureland is filled with great themeing and is due for a great attraction.....and i dont mean a Dumbo Clone (magic carpets) but great themeing idea (Agrabah Bazaar).
I think the Aladdin ride looks like a lot of fun! I think it will draw pleanty of people into Adventureland. I'm looking forwrd to riding it in nine days!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom