Adventureland sign gone?

lenshanem

Original Poster
We've noticed on our last couple trips that the Adventureland sign that used to be in the circular flower bed is now gone. Anyone know what happened?

Every trip we took a pciture of us sitting outside the sign - for years. It was very sad to see it gone! I thought for sure it was just being repaired and would be back, but it was still missing when we went back!

DivineMadness7

My family also had the tradition of getting a picture there and I can confirm it is gone :(

The last time we saw it was June 2005 for my parents 25th anniversary trip. They have a picture of them before they got married in front of the sign and putting the two pictures side by side was pretty funny! We went back in 2006 and it was gone!

Not sure why they got rid of it, it was a nice sign! We asked a few CM's and they looked at us like we each had 3 heads.

EPCOT.nut

:eek: I didn't even notice when I took this picture.

2632415256_1673c2f625.jpg

That is strange. It doesn't seem so expensive that if it were damaged it couldn't be replaced. Is it possible it got moved to another location or used in some mysterious project?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That is strange. It doesn't seem so expensive that if it were damaged it couldn't be replaced. Is it possible it got moved to another location or used in some mysterious project?

Perhaps it's now over in Tomorrowland ! :lol:

It was beside the much grander bridge archway sign. Which is what I consider to be my welcoming to the jungle anyway.

castlecake2.0

Wierd, I was going to start a topic about this the other day, I even had it written out, but then figured no one would know what I was talking about. I also noticed that the Caribbean Plaza sign has been replaced by an Adventureland sign. It used to hang in the archway as you were entering from Frontierland.

SirNim

I also noticed that the Caribbean Plaza sign has been replaced by an Adventureland sign. It used to hang in the archway as you were entering from Frontierland.
AHHHHHH!

Oh, even more of a downgrade! Depressing that a mini-land, a neighborhood, a district, a cozy corner, a pocket of perfection, has been erased off the map in the act of making it a nameless entity! :(

donsullivan

Premium Member
The possibility exists that this is preparation for the signage they'll need to put in that area when they close the bridge to Liberty Square from the hub for the repairs. Since that is only a month or so away, they may just be prepping a signage change and took that one down to make it part of the new package for that area during the construction.

diddy_mouse

You know, I thought something looked a little different when we were coming through Fronteirland one day on our December trip, but at the time I didn't know what it was.

Stupid signage changes! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom