Adventureland Needs a "Thrill Ride"

PUSH

I don't know what the theme in Adventureland is at Magic Kingdom, but Indy works PERFECTLY at Disneyland in Adventureland. Some things just fit, and Indy is just one of those things.

I believe the two are the same theme, but I'm not positive. Based on the pictures I've seen, they both seem to have a jungle/rainforest theme. I'd probably be fine if it actually did come to WDW's Adventureland and I actually saw it, but in my mind it'd fit better at DHS as they already have an Indy attraction there and a Star Wars attraction. It could be a Lucasland.

Animaniac93-98

No, but I'm just saying I think it'd fit better at DHS. I'd still welcome it.

And only someone who's never been on it would make a comment such as that. It's one of the best Disney attractions ever designed and a perfect fit for Adventureland thematically. A charater's parent company ownserhip alone is a poor reason not to have something like it.

If you do ever get a chance to ride it (and every Disney fan should) you would welcome it even more.:)

Calvin Coolidge

And only someone who's never been on it would make a comment such as that. It's one of the best Disney attractions ever designed and a perfect fit for Adventureland thematically. A charater's parent company ownserhip alone is a poor reason not to have something like it.

Agreed. I think Star Tours is shoehorned awkwardly into DL's Tomorrowland. Adventureland feels like it was made for Indy.

I_heart_Tigger

I was always hoping for a ride based on some of the old live action movies/tv shows like Davy Crockett, Zorro and Treasure Island or even the animated, Robin Hood. I think any of those would be a good fit for Adventureland (though you could argue for Frontierland for Crockett).

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
Okay. It's a nice idea. But what do you propose gets removed for this thrill ride? Jungle Cruise? Pirates?

I could be wrong about this, but wasn't much of DL Adventureland re-themed to accommodate Indy? And MK Adventureland gets a little more...schizophrenic, transitioning with mixed results from British Colonial Africa -> the Middle East -> Polynesia -> the Spanish Main. Certainly there's thematic room for Indy. Whether there's actual physical room there...I'm skeptical.
I'm shocked none of us had realized that, lol. Only thing I can think of is remove Aladdin, but I don't know how much room that'll give. Just a pipe dream...

PUSH

I watched the ride on Youtube, and while it does look like a great ride I don't think I'd want to give up any other ride since they are all classics pretty much. There may be someway to put it behind PotC and have the queue lead you there, though. If not then I think DHS would be fine if it was built right.

Californian Elitist

I watched the ride on Youtube, and while it does look like a great ride I don't think I'd want to give up any other ride since they are all classics pretty much. There may be someway to put it behind PotC and have the queue lead you there, though. If not then I think DHS would be fine if it was built right.

Watching it on YouTube is not the same as actually experiencing it. You can't even see anything in the videos because of the dark. That ride is a classic, just not a WDW classic. It is very special to Disneyland fans. You'd have to actually see it and experience it to understand.

PUSH

Watching it on YouTube is not the same as actually experiencing it. You can't even see anything in the videos because of the dark. That ride is a classic, just not a WDW classic. It is very special to Disneyland fans. You'd have to actually see it and experience it to understand.

I'm saying that it sounds and looks like a great ride and that I'm willing to have it in WDW's Adventureland. But if it didn't have anywhere to go (because of the lack of space) it could go in DHS near the other Indy attraction. The rides that would have to be taken out would either have to be Jungle Cruise or PotC which I'd rather keep. It couldn't go anywhere else due to the size of it.

Californian Elitist

I'm saying that it sounds and looks like a great ride and that I'm willing to have it in WDW's Adventureland. But if it didn't have anywhere to go (because of the lack of space) it could go in DHS near the other Indy attraction. The rides that would have to be taken out would either have to be Jungle Cruise or PotC which I'd rather keep. It couldn't go anywhere else due to the size of it.

I see what you're saying.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Wasn't the proposed plan for Fire Mountain way back when to stick it behind Jungle Cruise/Pirates and putting it outside the bern of the park? I think a unique ride for MK's Adventureland is better than an Indy ride (imo) and then every land will have a "mountain" now (if you consider, at least in aesthetic anyway, that SDMT is a mountain). My retentive nature likes the idea of every land in MK having it's own mountain...

PittsBurghFuzz

Original Poster
Wasn't the proposed plan for Fire Mountain way back when to stick it behind Jungle Cruise/Pirates and putting it outside the bern of the park? I think a unique ride for MK's Adventureland is better than an Indy ride (imo) and then every land will have a "mountain" now (if you consider, at least in aesthetic anyway, that SDMT is a mountain). My retentive nature likes the idea of every land in MK having it's own mountain...
Mountains are always cool. I bought a book a few years ago about the mountains of the Disney parks. Very intriguing read. I could see Disney going with either attraction, but I would assume that this won't happen for a while, especially with all the stuff they're going after now.

amazingwdw

In Disneyland the Indiana Jones show building is built outside of the railroad tracks and it's queue is wedged in between Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise. The same build-out can be done in the Magic Kingdom, with a detour of the backstage parade route, and could require very little change to the theming of the surrounding attractions in the rest of Adventureland.

Patricia Melton

I really would like to see a ride that was themed to the Adventurers Club...so that an Adventurers Club sit-down restaurant could be built adjacent.

The story could be that the Adventurers Club is making a tour available to you of some new ruin or something that they discovered...and in classic Disney tradition, something goes wrong as they are taking you there...so the train or other contraption you are riding in goes out of control and rockets around through the jungle and ruins.

Maybe going on this "adventure" earns you the right to join the Adventurers' Club.

The restaurant could overlook portions of the ride so that diners would have the same kind of ambiance and excitement of eating at Blue Bayou at Disneyland...which is my favorite restaurant because it's in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Fernando Pio

Adventure Land could have a attraction like Journey to the Center of the Earth, or about Carl Sagan´s books/movies!! It would be GREAT!!!

AndyS2992

This :

192_350.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril coaster from Disneyland Paris. Love it :D

Lee

Adventurer
I could be wrong about this, but wasn't much of DL Adventureland re-themed to accommodate Indy?
Yes, to a point. Jungle Cruise and the shops were adjusted to have a specific time/place to match Indy.
Turned it into my favorite land at any park.

Whether there's actual physical room there...I'm skeptical.
There is a large expansion pad, but as with Indy at DL, it'll require a long queue.

ariel90

Is it just me of does the ride that Disney gave us in the Florida park seem a bit lame for how epically awesome the movie was. An Aladdin coaster would be so awesome

Goofyernmost

And they already have the blueprints in hand for that. The actual Indiana Jones ride that enters in Anaheim is actually located in Mexico. I'm certain, based on the length of the queue that this is a fact. They need a tram installed in that one. They could put in an entirely different attraction to be seen as you head for IJ. So they could put the entrance in MK and the ride could be in DHS, no problem.:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom