advantages of the web check in

D0nald

Hello everyone...Greetings from Argentina!!
I'm going to WDW next month...and even when it is not my first trip, I'd really like to know what are the exact advantages of making a web check-in....Will we be able to access to our rooms earlier?...will we have better rooms?...and/or better location?...Will we really save time using the web check-in compared with the regular check-in?...
Any advice, will be appreciate
Thank you very much
CRISTIAN

wolf359

The advantages are small. There is a dedicated line just for online check-in guests, so your wait to see a cast member is potentially shorter, and they have your arrival package paperwork and room keys already made, so you won't have to wait for them to put all of that together.

It will have zero effect on your room location or readiness.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I just (an hour ago) did on line check in for the very first time. and the only advantage i see right now is that it made so happy to know that i will in WDW in 10 days i had tears in my eyes!!! The true advantge will be if you happen to be checking in at the same time as a bus full of people. You will be able to go to the online check line which should be a shorter line and it might save you some time if check in is busy. If they are not there is not much advantage. But i have to say it WAY COOL know that I have checked in to the Wilderness Lodge and wont be there for 10 more days. :sohappy: :sohappy: :) :) :wave::wave:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The advantages are small. There is a dedicated line just for online check-in guests, so your wait to see a cast member is potentially shorter, and they have your arrival package paperwork and room keys already made, so you won't have to wait for them to put all of that together.

It will have zero effect on your room location or readiness.
This is not quite correct. While it will not effect your room location they do make an effort for your room to be ready at the check in time you enter during the online registration process. It is of course not guaranteed but we have noticed a big difference since using online check in for our trips. Since using online check in our room readiness has gone from about 5%-10% to around 80%.

Upvote 0

durangojim

Also, when we did online check in last time at WL, we chose the option to get emails while on vacation from Disney. The the second to last day we received an email with a bounceback offer even though no flyer was ever put in our room. For that reason alone I will continue to use online check in. You can still change or request a certain room when you are at the resort even if you've used online check in. We did this at the WL and while our first room was ready, the second one took a couple more hours, which was no big deal since we just went swimming and hung out by the pool.

Upvote 0

kbmum

We've used online check-in twice. Both times, our DVC room was ready when we arrived at 11 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., respectively. It's definitely appreciated, since we take early morning flights and generally are up around 3 a.m. the morning we leave.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

I used online check in for the first time on my last visit and highly recommend it. We arrived at CBR around 11:30am, got off the bus with a dozen other people or so and were able to walk to the front of the online check in line and have everything in less than 5 minutes. They also had our room ready for us which was great, though as others have pointed out, this is not guaranteed. It is definitely a time saver if you are arriving early or mid day and saves the hassle. If you're comfortable with the idea, go with online check in.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What is the earliest you can do online check in? The day of? Is there somewhere on their to request a certain building/room?
You can do online check in 10 days from your arrival date. There is not a place to request a specific room or building when doing online check in. You will need to call the reservation center and have any special request put on your reservation.

Upvote 0
You can do online check in 10 days from your arrival date. There is not a place to request a specific room or building when doing online check in. You will need to call the reservation center and have any special request put on your reservation.

If we already requested adjoining rooms, are we still alright to use the online check-in? I'm seeing no downside to it so far...

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If we already requested adjoining rooms, are we still alright to use the online check-in? I'm seeing no downside to it so far...
Yep.

Also just an FYI but adjoining rooms are rooms that are next to each other but do not have a connecting door. Connecting rooms will have a door between them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom