advance check-in question

Club34

when you do the advance check-in, does that mean that disney/the resort selects your room in advance?

the reason i ask is, the last time i went to CSR only half the rooms were refurbed and i wanted one of them. i did not do advance check-in and i was able to sweet talk the young CM ;) (or at least i'm telling myself it was my sweet talkin') for one of the new rooms. my fear is if i do advance check-in on my next trip i won't be able to "negotiate" my room or room location once i get to the resort. this isn't deal breaker for me mind you, but i figure that im in the company of disney genius here and that one of my peers would have the straight dope on this mechanism.

club34 (hey, i couldnt think of a good name :confused:)

elizs77

Regardless, you are assigned a room roughly a week prior to your arrival (I can't remember exactly how many days). The CM at the desk can, if they want to and there's room, move you around at your request. But the actual official room assignments are not made at time of check in.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Regardless, you are assigned a room roughly a week prior to your arrival (I can't remember exactly how many days). The CM at the desk can, if they want to and there's room, move you around at your request. But the actual official room assignments are not made at time of check in.

I believe reservations are downloaded to the resort about 4-5 days prior to arrival, and the room assigners work on it then. Even if your room is assigned then, there is always the possibility that someone arriving before you could bump things around in making and getting their requests at the front desk - in other words, the room assignments are not set in stone - I've seen many a front desk CM offer me alternate rooms at check in - as well as do the same for others. Things are usually very flexible - except when the resort is at or near capacity.

Upvote 0

elizs77

Here's a link to a recent thread on the benefits of advance check in:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=464294

I Even if your room is assigned then, there is always the possibility that someone arriving before you could bump things around in making and getting their requests at the front desk - in other words, the room assignments are not set in stone - I've seen many a front desk CM offer me alternate rooms at check in - as well as do the same for others.

Yeah, we were upgraded from Standard to Woods view at WL a few years back. We had asked at check in about available upgrades, and the CM said we'd already been upgraded. Last year at Poly, we couldn't get anything. It just all depends, and we figure it's always worth asking!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom