Adults without children

Scuttle

Our WDW trip consists of my other half (41) and me (34), I must admit I don't ride certain rides because I am self conscience about not having a child with me, I am planning on doing Chef Mickeys breakfast next year and am feeling worried about it just being us adults! In the Unofficial guide 2012 it says adults are hardly ever seen without children at this event!

Next year I may attempt Dumbo, Aladdin, carosel etc for the first time!

Who cares what they think. If there is one place in the world to not care at all what people think of you it should be at WDW. I ride the carousel practically every trip to the MK with my girlfriend.

worldfanatic

Pictures? Sure, why not?

Autographs? Don't get me started on that.

Any adult who asks a character for an autograph should be dragged out of the park by their ears.
That is purely LAME

And I don't care if it's for your kids.
It's flat out PATHETIC

Don't waste character or other guest's time.

LilSuzy

Pictures? Sure, why not?

Any adult who asks a character for an autograph should be dragged out of the park by their ears.
That is purely LAME

It's flat out PATHETIC

Wow that is harsh no? Pics or autographs who cares, you're there to have a good time to each his own :animwink:

majorrfb

Disney is for ALL kids

I'll be 69 and my wife 58. We go to the WORLD every year alone. Our kids are young adults and go when they can. We go whenever we want which includes a dinner at the California Grill. See you Dec. 1. :sohappy:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Pictures? Sure, why not?

That is purely LAME

It's flat out PATHETIC

Judgmental much?

nerdboyrockstar

Pictures? Sure, why not?

That is purely LAME

It's flat out PATHETIC

Who cares? Whether it's pictures or autographs or both or none, I think people should be able to do whatever makes them happy at the happiest place on Earth.

Walt Disney1955

Put it this way, I think if you did a poll and asked the members on here at what age they enjoy Disney the most a lot of us would say at our current age is when we enjoy it the most. I know I would. That means that as I got older my appreciation for the place expanded.

So what's the point? Well, Walt built a park where an 8 year old could enjoy it as much as an 80 year old. All you literally need to do in order to enjoy that park is be free and not care about your surroundings. And honestly, this is Disney, everyone there "gets it". I'm 31 years old, my wife and I have rode Dumbo, the Carousel, Nemo and gotten our character pictures. I am 6'2" 275lbs. so I can stand out in a crowd. Trust me, if anyone is thinking anything they have never said a word to me about it. Not at WDW at least

dave&di

Pictures? Sure, why not?

That is purely LAME

It's flat out PATHETIC

ATTENTION SEEKER!

My money is as good as anyone elses, infact my ticket costs more than a childs. so 'bbblllleeeeegggghhhh!'

pixiesteno

As far as the autograph thing goes, I took a hard-cover copy of of Walt Disney; An American Original with us last year and I got all the characters I could to sign it, including face characters. I explain to them that it was a christmas present for our son and they all loved signing it. I also had my picture taken with the characters and the book (DH bowed out of the photo shoot) and then I used those picture to help put together a calendar for him when we got back.

muse1983

My wife and I are taking out iPad2 with us to the MK. We have a Notepad app and are going to have the characters sign it with a stylus. We have no kids....but who cares, age means nothing in WDW. I can't imagine someone walking into the MK and looking at certain things as "kiddie attractions"...kind of sad if you do.

disneykidathart

Chef Mickey

My son (age 20) and I went to Chef Mickey last trip in Jan. Got pics with all the characters. Everyone was great. People sitting by us took pictures for us with the characters. I wanted to do one of those collage pictures frames with us with different characters. Only one we waited on line a few minutes for was Buzz Lightyear. That's one of the best things about Disney, I'm 53 and I can act like I'm 11.

Mr Wizard

I pay good money to be entertained as a kid, why shoulden't I be able to act like one? Remember, growing old is manditory, growing up is optional. The wife and I have taken all our trips to the World without kids and we do and take part in all that is available. And you can see by the picture neither one of us is any spring chicken. Heck we went to the Crystal Palace just for the dinner and the characters came up to us. Well rather to me because I was on the aisle. And I gladly had my picture taken with them, it was fun.

Fable McCloud

Do you wait in line to meet characters and get your picture taken, maybe get an autograph? Do you go to character dinners and wait impatiently at your table for them to get to you? I travel with all adults, late twenties and early thirties, and we most definitely do these things. Anyone else? Anyone think we're weird and creepy?

When we came back from Disney in March I had an autograph book composed of all character sketches I had done and had each character sign them. Some people I'm friends with were of the "That's so cool!" mindset and others (like my family) thought it was dumb.

We're doing this again next time we go, and I'm giving the characters their own portrait to keep.

I'm 26. My BF is 21.

jlevis

Pictures? Sure, why not?

That is purely LAME

It's flat out PATHETIC

This poor soul has some serious issues and needs an immediate psychiatric intervention.

lbrad

I am well in my 40's and take photos with any & all characters.

Still love character meals although DH does not. :cry: however he will do 1/trip for me:kiss:

Going to CP in 14 days :wave:

Not a big fan of autographs (too time consuming)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom