Adults Only!

real mad hatter

Good Morning,Question asked to me recently by a couple who are married but have no children. Does WDW have a hotel that caters more for adults rather than children?I think I know where there coming from.They fancy a WDW vacation with no screaming kids running around[ sad eh ] anyway I was thinking possibly GF. or Swan/Dolphin ?never been to these resorts so iam only guessing.Any thoughts so I can get back to them.cheers.:wave:p.S. Wait till they get to the parks,eh,tee hee:ROFLOL:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Generally GF is considered adult-friendly, but there are no resorts specifically for adults. Screaming kids can be anywhere.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We are a Disney Family with no children. Just me and the hubby. We often travel with my parents who are 65 and soon to be 70. I understand where your question is coming but they do understand... we are talking Diseny World...:veryconfu

We veer away from the value resorts as you will find more families and teen groups. We have stayed in most of the moderates and still more families. We love Port Orleans and will stay here if it's going to be a short stay. The deluxe resorts have brought a mix. We like the Boardwalk and usually stay club level. There are still families with children but, it is without a doubt, much quieter. Grand Floridian is another wonderful choice, very grown up and wonderful service.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no place on property free of kids. That being said GF and Coronado tend to have fewer. If they want to avoid kids entirely, a trip to Disney should not even be considered.

Upvote 0

harryk

We stay at the Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge.

All three have fewer children around - but the Grand Floridian has a character breakfast, dinner and lunch in the Park Fare - which means that you will have many children in the lobby and atrium at times.
The Wilderness Lodge has Whispering Canyon Cafe - many children around, especially since they have the hobby-horse races through the Cafe.

Disney is a 'Family Resort' - if you don't want children around - this is not the place to go.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Understand.

We are a Disney Family with no children. Just me and the hubby. We often travel with my parents who are 65 and soon to be 70. I understand where your question is coming but they do understand... we are talking Diseny World...:veryconfu

We veer away from the value resorts as you will find more families and teen groups. We have stayed in most of the moderates and still more families. We love Port Orleans and will stay here if it's going to be a short stay. The deluxe resorts have brought a mix. We like the Boardwalk and usually stay club level. There are still families with children but, it is without a doubt, much quieter. Grand Floridian is another wonderful choice, very grown up and wonderful service.

Yes,I've told them this,but it gets a wee bit more complex,see further replys.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Sharkreef11

Swan and Dolphin for sure!

As many have said it already, will be difficult to completely avoid screaming kids. ALTHOUGH if there is one place I would recommend, it would be Swan/ Dolphin. They are on Disney property but have a completely different feel from the other resorts. They are basically fancy hotels. We stay at Beach Club/ Boardwalk regularly and have walked over there several times. If someone is looking for the Adult side of things, but wants to still be in Disney they are the hotels to go to. I notice a lot of people dressed up and on business trips. They have hints of Disney so that keeps them in the mix. Hope that helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Let me explain.

We stay at the Grand Floridian, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge.

All three have fewer children around - but the Grand Floridian has a character breakfast, dinner and lunch in the Park Fare - which means that you will have many children in the lobby and atrium at times.
The Wilderness Lodge has Whispering Canyon Cafe - many children around, especially since they have the hobby-horse races through the Cafe.

Disney is a 'Family Resort' - if you don't want children around - this is not the place to go.

Cheers to that,ok here goes.My friend was married before but his wife did not want any children,so he got the male operation[ouch] then they got divorced and he remarried and his new wife wanted children so he tried to get the reversal done on the op but it wasn't a success so they don't really have a children hate policy,he just regrets having the op in the first place .Phew,He feels his wife blames his first wife for talking him into it in the first place.anyway that's the story.:(

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Many Thanks.

As many have said it already, will be difficult to completely avoid screaming kids. ALTHOUGH if there is one place I would recommend, it would be Swan/ Dolphin. They are on Disney property but have a completely different feel from the other resorts. They are basically fancy hotels. We stay at Beach Club/ Boardwalk regularly and have walked over there several times. If someone is looking for the Adult side of things, but wants to still be in Disney they are the hotels to go to. I notice a lot of people dressed up and on business trips. They have hints of Disney so that keeps them in the mix. Hope that helps. :wave:

This seems a good option,I will pass this info on to them and tell them not to ask me any more questions as my migraines are coming back.:zipit:

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Cheers to that,ok here goes.My friend was married before but his wife did not want any children,so he got the male operation[ouch] then they got divorced and he remarried and his new wife wanted children so he tried to get the reversal done on the op but it wasn't a success so they don't really have a children hate policy,he just regrets having the op in the first place .Phew,He feels his wife blames his first wife for talking him into it in the first place.anyway that's the story.:(

Ironically, I have a similiar situation. Although my DH was not married before he did have the "V". Did I want childern? It would have been nice but, just not an option.

These are deep issues possibly causing some crazy resentment. Disney may not be a good idea until these issues are worked out.

DH and I have found we really enjoy Disney without children. We occasionally go with family and their children and we have fun but not the same fun we have when we are just adults. Yes, I enjoy traveling without kids but, I do not mind having them around me. I find much joy and pleasure watching the kids have the time of their lives. I also enjoy being able to walk away when a kid is throwing a tantrum in the middle of the park.;)

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'd say Swan and Dolphin as they're big Convention Resorts. Contemporary also.

I don't think the GF has much less kids there. It's definitely more upscale, but there always loads of kids around. As Yoda said, if they're looking to go someplace and avoid kids, Disney isn't the place.

Upvote 0

fmingo36

That's tough but if they are going to Disney "The Children's Vacation Mecca of the World" they are going to be inundated with kids/familes at every aspect of the vacation. It's really not going to matter where they stay. They might have a kids-free meal at one of the more upscale restaurants but unfortunately if they really have a hard time with the reminder of the operation than maybe Disney isn't the place for them to vacation.

Upvote 0

Lotti08

Good Morning,Question asked to me recently by a couple who are married but have no children. Does WDW have a hotel that caters more for adults rather than children?I think I know where there coming from.They fancy a WDW vacation with no screaming kids running around[ sad eh ] anyway I was thinking possibly GF. or Swan/Dolphin ?never been to these resorts so iam only guessing.Any thoughts so I can get back to them.cheers.:wave:p.S. Wait till they get to the parks,eh,tee hee:ROFLOL:

Hey, have they considered renting a villa instead? We always rent a villa as we are able to come and go as we please, have privacy, have a base to come back to if we get tired / too hot etc?

Or if they still want a community feel, they could look at townhouses and condos? Still more exclusive and more for adults, but offer privacy and a break from screaming children :)

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

durangojim

For the past many years, my wife and I have taken a trip down to WDW without our kids. The three resorts we usually stay at are GF, Poly, or BC. The two that are currently our favorites are the Poly and the BC. The Poly is great for adults as there's a nice lounge, you can rent a cabana at the pool and not be bothered by kids, or walk to the TTC and take the monorail to EPCOT. The BC is wonderful especially around Food and Wine Festival due to its proximity to World Showcase and the Boardwalk as well as the nice pool. You can't avoid kids at WDW but you can minimize their effects and have a wonderful adult experience, you just have to put a little effort and money into it.

Upvote 0

LizC

We always stay at the Swan/Dolphin. It is a short walk/boatride to Epcot and DHS, which was a big plus for us before kids. You will certainly see kids, but I do think of it as a more adult hotel. Good restaurants too! Try Shulas (steaks) or Kimonos (kareokee at night!).

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

The next time I can talk my husband into going I think we are going to try the Yacht Club. We have stayed at the Beach Club so we like the location near Epcot. The few times we tried the restuarants the the Yacht Club we noticed it was a lot quieter then the Beach Club, not as many kids running around.

Upvote 0

phlydude

My wife and I both don't mind kids but hate when people "force" their kids on us like we are supposed to have the paternal instinct instantly and fall in love with the little booger making, pooping machines.

We don't have kids (obviously) and we stay at the Value Resorts...its is a nice reminder in a way to re-enforce why we didn't want kids...and you can just walk away or go back to the room if the kids make too much noise or become bothersome.

Well, this last year, something changed...my wife started thinking it would be nice to have a kid...well after a bit of time trying and being unsuccessful, I went to the doctor to get things checked out. Apparently, my boys aren't plentiful and are poor swimmers. So on this upcoming trip, it will be our first knowing that we can't have kids without major assistance (IVF). So we shall see what emotions this trip sparks up.

And to be honest, IVF costs v. DVC...I'm going DVC all the way - let me spend my money on me and not worry about anyone else (except my pups) :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom