Adult's interactions with characters

kirari

Hi,

I'm curious to ear from you how you interact, as adult, with disney characters.
At disneyland paris, I had greatful times with Ariel, Gaston, chip & dale, mickey and minnie, but there were way short (except for Ariel, but that was special because in the princess pavillon, the CM made the princesses change their location just for me to meet my favorite. So of course As she knew it, she spent almost 10 minutes with me that day).

I'm quiet shy, but I love characters, specially princesses. And I would like to have ideas on how work the interactions with them at WDW.

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

You can ask questions about something that happens in their movie, about the other characters, or even about what's next for them- for instance I asked queen Elsa if she was planning on finding a prince to marry, and when she said she didn't have time, I tried to "sell" her my brother, lol.
I am shy too, so I had prepared a few ideas in advance.
If you go to the "Kenny the pirate" website, he provides a list of character interactions, that can help. I used his idea of mentionning it was our unbirthday when we met Alice, for instance.

Upvote 0

KLinder7

I usually like to take a picture of them alone before I get in the picture. I'll talk for a minute but don't want to hold up the line for too long so the kids can have more time. Just think it's cool to look back and see how things (myself included) have changed over the years and it's a way to bring home piece of the magic. With all that being said, will not wait more than 10-15 minutes for a photo.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Hi,

I'm curious to ear from you how you interact, as adult, with disney characters.
At disneyland paris, I had greatful times with Ariel, Gaston, chip & dale, mickey and minnie, but there were way short (except for Ariel, but that was special because in the princess pavillon, the CM made the princesses change their location just for me to meet my favorite. So of course As she knew it, she spent almost 10 minutes with me that day).

I'm quiet shy, but I love characters, specially princesses. And I would like to have ideas on how work the interactions with them at WDW.

I saw the title of this thread and at first, I thought you were seeking some, ahem, "adult interaction with characters," as opposed to interacting with characters as an adult. ;)

Putting aside my disappointment that nobody's going to be posting photos of the time they groped Captain Jack Sparrow or went to A Whole New World with Jasmine... I typically chat with the characters briefly and breezily, in a way that respects their character-hood and doesn't blow their cover, without getting too "doesn't-she-realize-it's-pretend?" creepy. I ask them how they're doing, perhaps remark that although I'm sure they don't remember it, I met them 10 years ago and that they look just tremendous -- haven't aged a day! I thank them for taking the time to meet with their fans and wish them a nice day. That's about it. If I'm interacting with a character, it's not really for "me," it's because I'm accompanying one of my kids, so I try to keep the focus on the kids (mine, and those still waiting) and not take too long. The characters are great with interacting with people of all ages, so if you're feeling a bit shy or tongue-tied, they'll take the initiative to start some kind of character-appropriate interaction with you (e.g., Belle might ask if you're read any good books lately, while Chip and Dale may just clown around with you a bit in pantomime).

I've never met Gaston, but if I do, I plan on asking him how on earth he survived that terrible fall... ;)

Upvote 0

KLinder7

I saw the title of this thread and at first, I thought you were seeking some, ahem, "adult interaction with characters," as opposed to interacting with characters as an adult. ;)

Putting aside my disappointment that nobody's going to be posting photos of the time they groped Captain Jack Sparrow or went to A Whole New World with Jasmine... I typically chat with the characters briefly and breezily, in a way that respects their character-hood and doesn't blow their cover, without getting too "doesn't-she-realize-it's-pretend?" creepy. I ask them how they're doing, perhaps remark that although I'm sure they don't remember it, I met them 10 years ago and that they look just tremendous -- haven't aged a day! I thank them for taking the time to meet with their fans and wish them a nice day. That's about it. If I'm interacting with a character, it's not really for "me," it's because I'm accompanying one of my kids, so I try to keep the focus on the kids (mine, and those still waiting) and not take too long. The characters are great with interacting with people of all ages, so if you're feeling a bit shy or tongue-tied, they'll take the initiative to start some kind of character-appropriate interaction with you (e.g., Belle might ask if you're read any good books lately, while Chip and Dale may just clown around with you a bit in pantomime).

I've never met Gaston, but if I do, I plan on asking him how on earth he survived that terrible fall... ;)
Chip and Dale I always ask when a new Rescue Rangers is coming!

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I tried on three different occasions (Tinkerbell, Snow White, and Anna and Elsa) to bring up something from Once Upon A Time..... but NO ONE would take the bait:)
My kids were embarrassed.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Fair point that applies to many of the villains. Also:

1. Why isn't Flynn Rider Eugene Fitzherbert?

2. Why is Rapunzel's hair not short and brown?

3. Why isn't Olaf melting without his personal flurry?

4. Why is Aladdin still dressing like a street rat?

5. Why is Tinker Bell enormous?

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

We still take a photo from time to time, and I generally just smile, say "hello", and when leaving I'm always careful to say "thank you".

Upvote 0

Wngo905

In the Parks
No

All great questions and, though I KNOW they were rhetorical, I can answer #5. They shrank us down with Pixie Dust before we met Tinker Bell;)

I will add to my post above. Tinker Bell did not like it when I asked her the following conversation:
(me) "Why do you hang out with Peter Pan? He is so mean!"
(TB) "He NOT MEAN."
(Me) "Yes he is, He is very mean in Storybrooke in "Once Upon A Time" Some would say he is a Bad Guy"
(TB) "What is Once Upon a Time?"
(me) "its a show on TV"
(TB) "Oh I don't know that show. It sounds scary and I don't think I would like that"

My kids and wife were LONG GONE by that point of the conversation..... and then I ran into Snow White outside :)

Upvote 0

grim-grinning_toast

I actually found this to be the most awkward when I'm with other adults. During the Christmas party last December, I stayed in line to meet Sandy Claws (Jack Skellington in his Santa getup) while the fireworks were going off. My fiance and my two best friends ran to Main Street, but I remained.

It was so much fun! He complimented my sweater and asked if the stripes on it were contagious and I told him that I loved Christmas as much as he did. As I was walking back to Main Street - Magic Kingdom was literally empty. So I went into the grotto and met Ariel. I had never met a princess before, and I was kind of nervous. But she took one of my dreads and said "did you forget how to use a dinglehopper?!" and then it was super easy to have a conversation with her.

I asked her if I could record her telling my older sister the steps on how to be a mermaid and she said, "the most important step is...stop taking steps! Mermaids don't have feet." It's really fun if you engage with them :)

Upvote 0

kirari

Original Poster
@Sudcaro- Sudcaro great find on the Kenny the Pirate site. The direct link is here: http://www.kennythepirate.com/disney-world-character-schedules/character-interaction-ideas/

They've always treated us just like big kids. Always a fun interaction as long as you know enough about the character ton interact.

Okay, I just didn't know that site, and it is awesome! Thank you so much for the link!

Oh gosh , what a horrible mistake I made in my title :joyfull:. So sorry.

3. Why isn't Olaf melting without his personal flurry?

4. Why is Aladdin still dressing like a street rat?

That's funny because I always wanted to ask the 2 to Rapunzel, but the only time I met her, I was way too focus on my food to remind that :p.

Well thank you everyone! It's nice to read your experiences. I hope that it will be okay for me. We have a lot of characters dinning planed and I'm looking forward to great interactions.

Upvote 0

YoJDew

We met Rapunzel on a Disney Cruise and I said "What happened to your cute brunette bob?" And she said "Oh, there was just enough magic left from the flower so when it grew out, it was blonde again! But I liked that style, I kind of miss it." I think she said that because she saw my short brunette cut. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom