Adult sons dining dillema

poppin

Original Poster
I am going to Disneyland again next summer and I am bringing my two oldest who are in their mid-twenties. They have been to Disneyland once, they went the first time I went. I've been to Disneyland multiple times since but have not been able to bring them back with me. They both decided to go to work after high school, so no summer breaks and between girlfriends and their own social lives with their friends, I just haven't had the opportunity to take them again. But both of them have tentatively signed on for four days in the park next summer. I am really excited!

Since its going to be five people and we (my husband and I) are springing for the whole thing, I cant have too many big extras. I would kind of like to do the WOC dessert party again. They have never seen the WOC so I thought that would be a good one to add on. Or is this a bad idea? lol

Budget-wise, I am trying to decide between a character breakfast( ...they have never done this) OR a very nice dinner.

What do you think? Character Breakfast or fancy dinner? And which restaurant would you take a couple of twenty something guys? I want it to feel special.

If I go with the nice dinner, because they are in their twenties and they might be more excited about that...where could I take them easily to get a mickey waffle that is NOT in a character breakfast?

George Lucas on a Bench

You know your kids better than we do. I guess it depends on whether they would prefer dining with bizarre cartoon animal costumed freaks or just have a nice dinner in a more relaxed mature setting.

The WOC desert party is cool because you can just sit and watch the show. I would recommend that. Could you get the desert party with a Carthay meal? That's a nice restaurant and you'd be killing two birds.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You know them best so I'd say you are the best person to decide.
You could also ask them their opinion.

If you're on a budget then I wouldn't do a dessert party.

TP2000

Last edited:

wowsmom

I enjoyed the WOC dessert party the one time I did it. It was nice to sit and relax and eat while waiting for & watching the show.

I would recommend a nice dinner over a character breakfast, but I'm not that into characters. My sons (in their 20s) both really enjoy Napa Rose, but it is pretty expensive.

I think you can still get mickey shaped waffles at what used to be White Water Snacks (now GCH Craftsman Grill?) but I haven't done it recently so not 100% sure.

Touchdown

The best resturant on property is Napa Rose, hands down. Steakhouse 55 and Carthay are the next tier with a very clear drop off after that. If you want a good meal and money is not a problem, you need to choose from these 3 options, of the three Steakhouse 55 has the largest portions.

mandelbrot

I would skip the character breakfast. Disney charges obscene amounts for average breakfast fare simply because of the presence of a few characters. For the same money you could have a wonderful dinner experience.

For food quality I'd go with Napa Rose, Carthay Circle Restaurant, Steakhouse 55, Catal Restaurant, or Brennan's Jazz Kitchen

For ambience: Napa Rose, Carthay Circle, and Blue Bayou are best.

Some those offer dining/show packages so you might find some value there, though they are fairly pricey.

poppin

Original Poster
I talked to this older guy a couple months back waiting for WOC and he mentioned they had just eaten at Carthay and while it was pricey, it was the best steak he'd ever eaten in his life.
Someone said something similar to me on our last trip. Weirdly it was in line for the WOC dessert party lol Maybe the same guy who just likes to hang out at WOC lol

poppin

Original Poster
I don't think a couple of twenty year old guys want to be harassed by another couple of twenty year olds in rubber heads while they eat breakfast.
This is hilarious! lol

I personally like all the different experences you get at the variety of Disney parks, which is why I HAD to ask. Im totally cracking up at these responses. lol

DanielBB8

Why not ask them directly? Only you know their preferences. A nice dinner and a show would be Blue Bayou and Fantasmic. I just think WOC isn't worth it after one viewing. Seeing the second (less crowded) showing without the dessert party would be smarter use of time.

poppin

Original Poster
Why not ask them directly? Only you know their preferences. A nice dinner and a show would be Blue Bayou and Fantasmic. I just think WOC isn't worth it after one viewing. Seeing the second (less crowded) showing without the dessert party would be smarter use of time.
That is a great point about WOC. I have personally never been when there was two showings, but that would definite be something to plan around.

I don't really want to ask them. lol I wanted it to be kind of a fun surprise. After giving it some thought, I think maybe we will choose between Steakhouse 55 or Blue Bayou. Blue Bayou possibly for the novelty although this one gives me pause only because the food might not be up to par. Or Steakhouse 55 because I missed this on our last trip and really wanted to try it out.

Phroobar

That is a great point about WOC. I have personally never been when there was two showings, but that would definite be something to plan around.

I don't really want to ask them. lol I wanted it to be kind of a fun surprise. After giving it some thought, I think maybe we will choose between Steakhouse 55 or Blue Bayou. Blue Bayou possibly for the novelty although this one gives me pause only because the food might not be up to par. Or Steakhouse 55 because I missed this on our last trip and really wanted to try it out.
I've always liked the Blue Bayou. I usually went for lunch and Monte Cristo sandwiches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom