Ads on mobile becoming too intrusive.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
The ads on the mobile site are becoming too intrusive. Some ads take over the whole page. Others take over the sides or bottom. The bigger problem with this is that they seem to break the coding and screw the page up as they load and after they close. I find it hard to scroll to the post I want now because these ads are causing the page to jump all over the place and break. Sometimes the ads break the page so much that I can’t type anything.

If it helps I’m on iOS 13.2.3 on iPhone 8.

NYwdwfan

I’m getting it too - it takes over the page and you need to find a way to scroll past it but there’s nowhere to “grab” the page. I don’t think screen shots would pictures would explain it accurately.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
can you provide any details on what the ad is about?
I haven't paid too much attention to the content. Some of them have an animated border take over the screen, like one filled the screen with pineapples. Other ads seem to not scroll with the page, so when you try to scroll past them, the page gets all wonky especially if it places them in between posts.

lazyboy97o

I just got one for Seattle on the Chit Chat forum at 3:30 EST. It’s one where it occupies the whole and then becomes longer as you scroll. The problem is that it then obscured the top of the page including the navigation tree, Mark All Posts Read and several rows of posts. I tried reporting it but the form isn’t working for me on iOS 133 Public Beta...

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
I just got one for Seattle on the Chit Chat forum at 3:30 EST. It’s one where it occupies the whole and then becomes longer as you scroll. The problem is that it then obscured the top of the page including the navigation tree, Mark All Posts Read and several rows of posts. I tried reporting it but the form isn’t working for me on iOS 133 Public Beta...
I don’t think it’s an iOS problem since I’m not having it elsewhere. I think these ads are overly complex and breaking the code of the forums.

lazyboy97o

I don’t think it’s an iOS problem since I’m not having it elsewhere. I think these ads are overly complex and breaking the code of the forums.
I’m not saying the ads are an iOS problem, but the form @wdwmagic has provided in the past to report bad ads. You’re also nicer than me thinking it’s just a big of the ads and not deliberate.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Agreed, I can barely scroll through and read. Clorox ads, Home Depot, they take up the whole sides of the screen and pause. :-/
Yes, the Clorox ones are big culprits. These take over the whole screen, pause your scrolling and reset it, and sometimes break the page so you can't click any links or type without reloading.

The other problematic ads seem to be on a different "layer" than the thread. As you scroll down, the ad appears but does not scroll with the page. It's hard to explain, but these also break the threads. Neither of these type of ads appear on the desktop site. If needed I can try to grab a screen capture.

DisneyGigi

Yes, the Clorox ones are big culprits. These take over the whole screen, pause your scrolling and reset it, and sometimes break the page so you can't click any links or type without reloading.

The other problematic ads seem to be on a different "layer" than the thread. As you scroll down, the ad appears but does not scroll with the page. It's hard to explain, but these also break the threads. Neither of these type of ads appear on the desktop site. If needed I can try to grab a screen capture.
So far, not had any problems today but haven’t been on that long.

ETA- spoke too soon- Mac & Cheese Frozen ad just stalled but not as bad just for a few seconds.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
The intrusive ads are back in full force. Clorox comes up a lot but it isn’t the only one. It’s the ad service generating these and the way they interact with the pages breaks them. The main issue is they load after the rest of the page and cause it to jump around, which sometimes break the coding in the process. I’ll try to grab some screenshots or screen recordings if I can.

Club Cooloholic

Why the heck is an ad being allowed on this site that links to this?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why the heck is an ad being allowed on this site that links to this?
Possibly the ads are targeted (no pun intended) at users via their browsing history ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom