ADR's - overplanning or required?

Kam

Original Poster
I know this has been discussed before in some detail but;

I'm planning a trip in Sept using the DDP,

is it really necessary to book every table service in advance, I don't know what I'd like to eat tonight let alone in 3 months.

I don't mind booking 2-3 of the really hard to get in to restaurants,
but for just a general sit down meal can I not just book a table on the day,

I tend to eat lunch around 1pm and dinner about 7pm or 8pm when is the busiest times for eating over there?

I will probably alternate table service between dinner and lunch meals

would like to hear experiences from people that have not planned each days meal in advance - those people that live life on the edge and choose where to eat on the spur of the momment:animwink:

tigsmom

I'm one of those people who books only dinner shows in advance. We have never had a problem getting a place to eat until last summer. With the popularity of the new dining plan we had a little trouble. Most of the time we decide the night before which park to attend, call for ADR's and thats it. We didn't always get our first choice, but we never missed a meal. :lol:

Floridasunshine

Here's my $.02:

I suggest to:
Book ALL dinner shows;
Book ALL Character meals;
Book ALL Signature Dining meals;
Book ALL table service meals INSIDE the Parks;
Book ALL of the popular restaurants OUTSIDE the parks (Ohanas, Concourse Steakhouse, etc).

That pretty much leaves the not SO popular restaurants available, such as Trails End Buffet, Boatwrights, Olivias, Captain Jacks etc.....

So, yes, you would probably be able to get ressies SOMEWHERE on the day of. And you might get lucky to get one for a decent time of day at a restaurant in the list above but that is kind of taking a chance, especially since it appears the free dining is really drawing folks in in September.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
With the free dining plan in September, everybody who normally wouldn't be eating TS meals because of the cost will be indulging.

I would book every TS you will have allotted while you're there as soon as you possibly can [you may already be too late for some of the more popular ones]. The alternative is to leave WDW not having used all your TS credits while you're there. If, once you are on site you want to book something different on a given night, call and see if you can get in where you want. If you can, book it and then cancel the original. If you can't, you've still got somewhere to eat, maybe not as convenient, but somewhere nonetheless.

DisneyBunny

They are a nessesary evil these days. Every single night when we were checking in at the podium we always had to listen to the greeters turn people away, one after another. If you're going with the Free Dining plan, it'll only be worse. It really isn't as bad as it seems, plus you always have the choice of what you want from the menu - it' not like you're limiting yourself to chicken one night, and fish the next. Most places have a fairly broad menu, and you're sure to find what you like wherever you go. :wave:

BRER STITCH

It's not over-planning....it's being prepared! :)

Why take a chance at being disappointed on your vacation? If there are places or times you really want to eat at, ADRs are a MUST! I find it so much more relaxing to know everything is already done before the trip!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

MouseearsDeb

BRER STITCH said:
It's not over-planning....it's being prepared! :)

Why take a chance at being disappointed on your vacation? If there are places or times you really want to eat at, ADRs are a MUST! I find it so much more relaxing to know everything is already done before the trip!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Ditto! I want to take FULL :D advantage of the free dining plan. So, I've already had our ADR's booked for end of Sept/first of Oct. And yes, there were a few rest. that were full. Especially on nights for MNSSHP. I started by making a list of all the places we like to eat at and the ones we want to try. Then I planned out at least the park we would go to first each day and close each day with. After that, I filled in the rest. got the ADR's(most of by emailing Belle at KK) and now I'm just looking forward to enjoying all the nice rest. we are going to get to eat at and the new ones we will try. I'm also looking forward to having a game plan this year. Usually, we go by the seat of our pants and seems like we miss doing some of the things we really want to do.

Have a great time!

Kam

Original Poster
Ah see you all get Free dining, I don't being in UK, I could book through disney US but the saving is not much. we get other benefits.

But if its gonna need ADR's for every table service I may give it a miss and forget the DDP - but I may change my mind......See no good planning 3 months in advance when I change my mind so often

JimboJones123

BOOK NOW. Le Celier was already booked for our sept trip except for into extra magic hours. we now have a 10pm seating. Many character meals were already already booked for early starts, and this was 1.5 months ago. BOOK NOW.. and if it hasn't been stressed enough -- BOOK NOW!

MaryMcMagic

What about during Value times? Do you still think its a must to have ADR's? Ill be in WDW Jan 21-28, 2007 and while I'll definitely book CRT for one morning, I'm unsure what to do about the other 5 days! When We've gone in the past, every day's itinerary is planned the night before...we kind of fly by the seat of our pants. On a rainy day I really hate to be in AK or MK, but love Epcot. I may try to book Le Cellier, too. Another 'speed bump' for my upcoming trip is that I'm going with a LARGE group. I'm not sure what they'll want from day to day and don't really feel like being group leader by saying "OK guys, on Monday we'll do this this and this..." only to have them cursing my name behind my back. While everyone says they are up for anything, I don't know if that is only true in theory rather than in practice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom