ADRs for a party of 8

kipster81

Last year I traveled with a party of 8. When we went to make our ADR, they had to be handled through the Grand Gathering group at a different number. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I am traveling with 8 again this year and my ADR date is approaching.

I did not make the original ADR last year so I am not sure why it was that way. But when I called and tried to change them, they said that they were made through GG and could only be modified by them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I believe you can reserve for up to 10 using the regular ADR line. 8 or more is a GG booking. So there's overlap...

Upvote 0

jen2009

For my wedding in March at Disney, we had parties of 8 and up. We had to book through GG if any party we had was 8 or more. We had 4 events with party sizes of 25 and they made sure we were together. It made it easier to get everyone at the same set of tables if we booked through GG. If we would have called the regular line, they would have been able to seat us, but could not guarantee we would all be in the same area. I would just stick with GG. They are able to make sure you are sat together. :)

Upvote 0

L Fisher

For my wedding in March at Disney, we had parties of 8 and up. We had to book through GG if any party we had was 8 or more. We had 4 events with party sizes of 25 and they made sure we were together. It made it easier to get everyone at the same set of tables if we booked through GG. If we would have called the regular line, they would have been able to seat us, but could not guarantee we would all be in the same area. I would just stick with GG. They are able to make sure you are sat together. :)

Totally agree!

Upvote 0

wdwbidelsi

This has answered some questions for me. I too will ba making ADR's for our party of 8. Previously we went in a party of 13 and they had to be made through GG, was a bit unsure about 8 though, thanks :animwink:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I did a party of 8 this Janaury and had no problems what soever calling the regular number. It was a little hard getting times i needed but thats always the case.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Even before grand gatherings existed, Disney had group dining - and each restaurant had a certain threshold for what they considered a "group" - usually it was 8ish. So if you called the main dining number and you had 8 or more and that hit the group threshold for a particular restaurant, they would transfer you to group dining.

Once you hit the group thresholds they automatically add the 18% gratuity too.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Even before grand gatherings existed, Disney had group dining - and each restaurant had a certain threshold for what they considered a "group" - usually it was 8ish. So if you called the main dining number and you had 8 or more and that hit the group threshold for a particular restaurant, they would transfer you to group dining.

Once you hit the group thresholds they automatically add the 18% gratuity too.
That is actually at 6 people now pretty much across the board.

Upvote 0

kipster81

Original Poster
I have gotten a couple different answers on 2 different boards, so I decided I better call today and find out what I need to be doing on my ADR date.

The operator at Group Dining said that if we had set up a Grand Gathering (which we don't see necessary) that we would have to go through them. If not, we would need to call Group Dining since we have a party of 8.

Hope that helps someone else too!

Their numbers:
Group Dining: 407-939-7707
Grand Gathering: 407-939-7526

Thanks for everyone that helped.

Upvote 0

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well for this past February I called the regular ADR line way in advance to get an ADR for 8 at Le Cellier...they were working on changing the adr system in July and I had to wait til September but was assured I had my ADR for 8 at 5:00....we had a little one and agreed this was best time. When we arrived at 4:45 we were told we could not sit together but would be placed at two tables of 4 each...bummed as I had so worked on this to meet up with my bestest and family. After griping a bit they said well maybe if we waited another hour they could....LOL we had eaten a meager lunch in anticipation and small children were hungry to boot. We decided to go for the two tables but were constantly interrupted by waitress going between. Then we noticed they did have at least two long parties of 8-10 tables with people at them....I was so thrilled with the steak it helped to ease the frustration but still....we may never meet up with these friends there again and I missed being able to eat and chat with all of them vs turning around to just talk with gf between waitresses. The seateress mentioned some restaurants don't have but a few tables for groups....but I had an ADR FOR 8 at least 5 months out.....

Might want to inquire to probability or availability of everyone sitting at SAME table for groups bigger than 4.....imho....:wave:

Upvote 0

jen2009

Well for this past February I called the regular ADR line way in advance to get an ADR for 8 at Le Cellier...they were working on changing the adr system in July and I had to wait til September but was assured I had my ADR for 8 at 5:00....we had a little one and agreed this was best time. When we arrived at 4:45 we were told we could not sit together but would be placed at two tables of 4 each...bummed as I had so worked on this to meet up with my bestest and family. After griping a bit they said well maybe if we waited another hour they could....LOL we had eaten a meager lunch in anticipation and small children were hungry to boot. We decided to go for the two tables but were constantly interrupted by waitress going between. Then we noticed they did have at least two long parties of 8-10 tables with people at them....I was so thrilled with the steak it helped to ease the frustration but still....we may never meet up with these friends there again and I missed being able to eat and chat with all of them vs turning around to just talk with gf between waitresses. The seateress mentioned some restaurants don't have but a few tables for groups....but I had an ADR FOR 8 at least 5 months out.....

Might want to inquire to probability or availability of everyone sitting at SAME table for groups bigger than 4.....imho....:wave:

This is why we had to call GG. Group dining could not guarantee we would be sitting together. So we called GG and for all the events we had, we all sat together. GG made it easier to book things if your party consisted of 8 or more. I do realize that you would have to go through them for everything, but it makes it so much easier.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you are booked as a grand gathering you must call grand gatherings for your dining reservations. If your party is too big for them to handle they will either send you to group or you will have to call the restaurant directly. Some restaurants now want you to call them directly for larger parties instead of going through group or grand gatherings. I have to do this quite often because I book quite a very large parties of 10+++ reservations.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom