ADRS and your thoughts - a UK family wants advice please

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
So arriving at the GF Resort in July 2014 from Cambridge England - son (19) wife and myself (51) and once in a lifetime chance to indulge after a pretty tricky couple of years. On Disney Dining Plan

ADRs as follows - would welcome your thoughts - already booked are

Breakfast

Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickeys

Dinner

Rainforest DDisney
Be Our Guest
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boatwrights P Orleans
Hollywood and Vine and Fantasmic
Victoria and Alberts
Grand Floridian Cafe
Hollywood Brown Derby
The Wave
Boma
Beaches and Cream
Crystal Palace
San Angel Inn

Still to book are

Biergarten and one other for our last night - which would you choose? - has to be 1 Credit as that's all we have left

Could you rank these hotels and which would you remove - so excited - thanks for your help

Jonathan

G00fyDad

Breakfast
Akershus - Pretty good. Typical Disney breakfast buffet.
1900 Park Fare - Never eaten here before.
Chef Mickeys - Typical Disney breakfast buffet, but it is our favorite because of the atmosphere.

Dinner
Rainforest DDisney - Not bad. Typical Landry's. T-Rex is better.
Be Our Guest - Uhmazing!! Pray you get Michele (short blonde hair) as your server. She is amazing.
Yachtsman's Steakhouse - Never eaten here before.
Liberty Tree Tavern - A must do each trip. Very comfortable atmosphere. Good food.
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Good food. Wild and loud at times. Be prepared to deal with hooting and hollering.
Boatwrights P Orleans - Never eaten here before.
Hollywood and Vine and Fantasmic - Never eaten here before.
Victoria and Alberts - Never eaten here before. Never want to.
Grand Floridian Cafe - Never eaten here before. Never want to.
Hollywood Brown Derby - Never eaten here before.
The Wave - Never eaten here before.
Boma - Never eaten here before.
Beaches and Cream - Never eaten here before.
Crystal Palace - Good food. Great atmosphere.
San Angel Inn - Never eaten here before.

Jonathan Woolf

Original Poster
Thanks for your speedy response - will search for a short blonde haired lady known as Michele then - what was amazing about her?

G00fyDad

Thanks for your speedy response - will search for a short blonde haired lady known as Michele then - what was amazing about her?

LOL. She is very good at her job. She doesn't hover, but she is there the moment you need her. Besides that, she was amazing with our son. She acted like a grandmother to him (even though she is probably 35 or 40 years old) and tried to make him finish his broccoli before he got dessert. He tried hiding it on his plate, but she found it and gave him a hard time about it. We we're all laughing so hard by the time she was done. I think we ended up giving her a 40% tip. She is awesome.

Sparkle81

Is there anywhere that is jumping out at you to try, like a theming that you like the look of or a particular cuisine?

Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge is meant to be very good, with an excellent variety of Indian fusion food. I think it's also meant to be good for animal spotting- maybe someone who's been there can confirm?

Otherwise, Via Napoli at Epcot has great pizza, or how about 'Ohana at Poly, with the interesting 'all you care to enjoy' dinner selections? Would only be a hop away for you on the monorail from GF.

MaxsDad

I would not go as far as to say "remove", but my bottom 3 would be Rainforest, Hollywood and Vine, and Liberty Tree. I would replace H&V with Mama Melrose.

Good one credits: Cape May Cafe has a good Dinner Buffet. I have eaten at Kat Kora's place at Boardwalk for breakfast (Kouzinas???). It was delicious. I also enjoy Rose and Crown and Les Chefs de France.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I would swap out Rainforest Cafe for Raglan Road.
Swap Hollywood and Vine for Mama Melrose.
I've heard so many mixed reviews about Boatwrights so I'm not sure about it.

Sammy Mouse

So arriving at the GF Resort in July 2014 from Cambridge England - son (19) wife and myself (51) and once in a lifetime chance to indulge after a pretty tricky couple of years. On Disney Dining Plan

ADRs as follows - would welcome your thoughts - already booked are

Breakfast

Akershus
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickeys

Dinner

Rainforest DDisney
Be Our Guest
Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Liberty Tree Tavern
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boatwrights P Orleans
Hollywood and Vine and Fantasmic
Victoria and Alberts
Grand Floridian Cafe
Hollywood Brown Derby
The Wave
Boma
Beaches and Cream
Crystal Palace
San Angel Inn

Still to book are

Biergarten and one other for our last night - which would you choose? - has to be 1 Credit as that's all we have left

Could you rank these hotels and which would you remove - so excited - thanks for your help

Jonathan

Sammy Mouse

Hi fellow uk disney fan!
Just back from GF it's amazing!
Breakfast at 1900
Park fayre was fantastic nice buffet.
Be our guest is an amazing experience.
We do Hollywood and vine with fantasmic pass every time it's well with it.
Didn't eat at GF cafe for dinner but breakfast was yummy.

Other recommendations are ;
Sanna at AK Villas... Asian inspired cuisine
Ohanna at Poly is a must do!
Nine dragons if you like Chinese it's a definite.
Have fun :)

jlsHouston

Breakfast

Akershus YES WE LOVE THIS PLACE. THE PRINCESSES ARE BEAUTIFUL AND THE ANTIPASTO TABLE IS GREAT
1900 Park Fare A FAVORITE TOO LOVE ALICE AND MAD HATTER AND MARY POPPINS, FOOD GOOD
Chef Mickeys NOT A FAVORITE ON THE FOOD, PREFER CAPE MAY BUT YOU SEE MORE CHARACTERS HERE

Dinner

Rainforest DDisney NOT FOR ME BUT THE GRANDKIDS LOVE, I ALWAYS GET SICK AFTER I EAT AT ONE OF THESE IN HOUSTON SO I DON'T EAT AT THE ONES AT WDW
Be Our Guest ABSOLUTELY THE STEAK IS AS GOOD AS THE ONE AT FLYING FISH AND THAT IS PRETTY DARN GOOD
Yachtsman's Steakhouse HAVE NO IDEA BUT IT IS PROBABLY GOOD
Liberty Tree Tavern I AM DYING TO TRY THIS PLACE TOO
Whispering Canyon Cafe LIKE IT BUT WE HAVE BETTER BBQ IN TEXAS
Boatwrights P Orleans LIKED IT BUT...I SHOULD PROBABLY NOT EAT AT PLACES THAT SERVE FOOD I CAN GET AT HOME DONE MUCH BETTER....
Hollywood and Vine and Fantasmic NEVER HAD DINNER HERE BUT BREAKFAST WAS GOOD
Victoria and Alberts THIS IS PROBABLY A GREAT PLACE TO DINE, HIGH CALIBER FOODIE STUFF
Grand Floridian Cafe HAD THE SHRIMP &GRITS HERE, NOT BAD, NOT GREAT
Hollywood Brown Derby HAD NOT TRIED
The Wave ANOTHER ONE I WANT TO EAT AT
Boma OH ABSOLUTELY
Beaches and Cream SO FAR THE BEST BACON CHEESEBURGER ON PROPERTY
Crystal Palace DINNER WITH WINNIE THE POOH & FRIENDS IS ALWAYS GOOD
San Angel Inn I EAT TEX MEX AT HOME, THIS PLACE HAS NOT BEEN ON MY LIST BUT PEOPLE LIKE IT

So Biergarten we loved and the entertainment was good too. I don't see Sanaa (wonderful Indian cuisine) on your list. But I think for sure you had better book OHANA for dinner. You're missing amazing appetizers and meat lover heaven and the best bread pudding you will die for if you don't eat at OHANA's. It's at the POLY. You have to visit the POLY. Book OHANA. Great food, great atmosphere, maybe you will get a window seat and catch the fireworks if you get a late in the evening reservation.

s&k'smom

Love love love the Grand Floridian Cafe, not that the food isn't typical breakfast stuff but we have found the service exceptional and the food fresh and very good. Boma yes yes yes amazing food plus being at AKL is truly magical. Be Our Guest, the inside really is like the Beast's castle service very good and what food we ate yummy, funny enough had the best cup of coffee on our trip there.

GF is a wonderful hotel, as you can tell by my picture, I think you'll really enjoy it.

Matt_Black

Also chiming in for 1900 Park Fare. It's a very good breakfast, most of which is standard breakfast fare, though there's a good variety, and a few surprises. The characters are wonderful. Here's a vid of me talking with Alice.

As for the rest, most I've not had the pleasure of trying yet- I've only done Be Our Guest at lunch. I have done dinner at Liberty Tree. The mac & cheese is okay but not great, the root vegetables are very good, the meats are delicious, and the mustard greens... They're... an acquired taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom