ADRs and Waiting...

LAM378

Original Poster
Hi all!

I keep reading about people waiting forever for their ADRs. I know people are more likely to complain when things go bad than when things are easy breezy, but I'm curious if this is really as epidemic as it sounds.

I've got ADRs galore for our May trip. The one I'm particularly worried about is breakfast at O'hana on departure day--we've got a 10:50 ADR and need to leave the Poly by 1:00 to get to MCO on time. I'm afraid if we have to wait a long time, we'll cut it too close.

Other ADRs are breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare and Hollywood & Vine (which I dread thanks to this board, but I have a 4 y/o); lunches at 50s Prime Time and Beaches & Cream; dinners at Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe. Do these places give you buzzers? And how long before the ADR start time should I arrive? I'm reading 20-30 min but that sounds nuts, especially if we'd be waiting a while for seating anyway.

Thanks for any info or stories!
--Lauren

ratherbeinwdw

Hi all!

I keep reading about people waiting forever for their ADRs. I know people are more likely to complain when things go bad than when things are easy breezy, but I'm curious if this is really as epidemic as it sounds.

I've got ADRs galore for our May trip. The one I'm particularly worried about is breakfast at O'hana on departure day--we've got a 10:50 ADR and need to leave the Poly by 1:00 to get to MCO on time. I'm afraid if we have to wait a long time, we'll cut it too close.

Other ADRs are breakfasts at 1900 Park Fare and Hollywood & Vine (which I dread thanks to this board, but I have a 4 y/o); lunches at 50s Prime Time and Beaches & Cream; dinners at Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe. Do these places give you buzzers? And how long before the ADR start time should I arrive? I'm reading 20-30 min but that sounds nuts, especially if we'd be waiting a while for seating anyway.

--Lauren
The earlier you get there for your ADR the better as many people are given the same time slot as you will have and if several of you have the same amount of people, they will normally seat the first who checked-in. The times we've had breakfast at 'Ohana's, we waited about 15 minutes to be seated. The meal came very quickly.
The only ones we've had long waits, with a ressie, were Mama Melrose and Sci Fi.

Weather_Lady

It's all luck-of-the-draw, I think.

We always eat during the dinner rush (5:30-6:30pm) and we've never had to wait more than 10 minutes for an ADR, except at The Coral Reef, where we've consistently had to wait 20+ minutes to be seated (typically sitting on the cold floor of the hallway, as this restaurant always has about 30-40 people waiting for tables near a bench designed to seat 10 - somebody didn't think things through when designing the space). We always show up at least 10 minutes early, which means that at most places we're being seated right at the time of our ADR.

I don't know if it would help for you to tell the receptionist at check-in (and later, your server) that your are in a little bit of a hurry and need to catch a bus at 1:00pm, but so long as you say it nicely, it can't hurt.

Todd L

Hi all!

--Lauren

I try to get to my Adrs 10-15 minutes early and check in as soon as I get there..Ive had a few waits but Nothing too Crazy.

I HATED the Hollywood & Vine Buffet...NEVER going back there again. My Kids and my wife didnt like It either..Nobody ate anything.

I know some people like the place But It was my worst dining experience EVER at Wdw!

buseegal

to the op, I find breakfast at Hollywood & Vine better than dinner. for the younger set it is a great character breakfast. lots of interaction and it is hard to do breakfast bad.

stevehousse

Never have waited more than 10-15 minutes to be seated for an ADR. Hollywood and Vine breakfast isn't as bad as everyone on here says it is...you'll find something u like...

Personal preference but never had to wait more than 5 minutes at Sci-fi for lunch and it's a must visit each time our family goes. First time to 50's diner last month after reading so much about it, 20 minute wait for dinner, and the only thing that lived up to the hype was the pb jelly shake. Food was boring. Sci fi will visit again and try somewhere else instead of 50's diner.

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
We always arrive early for our ADRs and never have had to wait more than 10 minutes. Granted, we avoid peak attendance times of the year.

iluvMainStMagic

I think the official "suggestion" is to arrive for an ADR 15-20 min early. And the time is not actually a "reservation" time, it's a "next available table" time, so when guests are seated depends some on how quickly (or not) other guests finish their meals. I think they do a pretty good job overall of scheduling dining times for so many thousands of people. I don't know why some restaurants seem to run late more than others, maybe those dining are just enjoying their meals extra :hungry: Good luck with your breakfast. If you are ready to leave before you go, surely you will have plenty of time to enjoy one last magical meal.

LAM378

Original Poster
Thank you all! I feel better now and I'll aim to get to all my ADRs 10-15 minutes early. Hopefully nothing will be too bad. May 14-20 looked to be a low crowd level, seems they're anticipating higher crowds now but I'm hoping nothing's too bad.

I'm not too excited about 50s Prime Time--I never cared for it back in the 90s, but that and Cape May are two must-dos for my dad and brother. I don't have huge hopes for them (or Chef Mickey's, actually!).

Good to hear a couple decent things about H&V (and something bad, of course! I am open to all information!). I keep thinking "It's breakfast, how bad can it really be?" but the people of the Internet have me thinking it's going to be THE WORST HOUR OF MY LIFE.

stevehousse

Chef mickeys and Hollywood and vine are just fine! I think most people think every restaurant is a 5 star restraurant or something sometimes...lol you will be fine! Enjoy your meals!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom