ADR Review

PekabooSmiles

Original Poster
My fiancé and I will be staying at AKL at the end of October for our Honeymoon! We are so excited! We decided to get the DDP for this trip to help with some of the meals. These are the ADRs we currently have ...so I'd love to here some opinions :)

Sunday (Arrival day - also, first full day as husband and wife!)
5:25 - Sanaa
9:20 - California Grill
(I know these are close together. We plan on having dinner at Sanna. When I saw the ressie pop up for the Cali Grill I snatched it up - it's expensive and we don't want to spend 2 credits on one meal, so we may end up cancelling it. Or, what I'd rather do, is keep the ressie and go there for dessert and watch the fireworks since neither of us have ever been to the Cali Grill before)

Monday
7:45 - Via Napoli
(We currently have 2pm reservations at Coral Reef, but the food and wine festival will be going on, so we are thinking about on snacking our way through lunch. That way, we will cancel Coral Reef and use the credit for Sanaa on the day we arrive)

Tuesday
2:55 - Mama Melrose/Fantasmic Dinner Package

Wednesday
5:45 - Cinderella's Royal Table
(a must for us since we got engaged in front of the castle this past December)

Thursday
2:30 - Portobello Country Italian Trattoria (DTD)

Friday
4:50 - Tony's Town Square Restaurant
(Neither of us are particularly excited about this one. We have never eaten there and have read mixed review on here. This was the only TS restaurant in MK available this day - our first choice was BOG and I still try everyday to see if I can get it.)

Saturday (Departure Day) :(
10:50 - Boma (breakfast)

PekabooSmiles

Original Poster
Haha, thanks!

Amazingly, I've been going to Disney all my life and I've never been to most of them either! We went to Via Napoli and Mama Melrose last trip and loved them! I've been to CRT for breakfast once yeeeeears ago. So we wanted to try new places since it's going to be a special trip :)

ExtinctJenn

Haha, thanks!

Amazingly, I've been going to Disney all my life and I've never been to most of them either! We went to Via Napoli and Mama Melrose last trip and loved them! I've been to CRT for breakfast once yeeeeears ago. So we wanted to try new places since it's going to be a special trip :)
I'd be in that same boat. This year is my 30th anniversary of going and it always amazes me at how many things I've not done. Our trip this past March we swore we'd do some places we'd never done and we came out of it feeling "meh" about it. This next trip (December) we have one ADR that is a new experience (Boma for breakfast as you have) but we are also planning to use our QS credits at places we've never been to help round that out a little. LOL!

Via Napoli is the restaurant that is where Alfredo's used to be right? If so I can at least say I've eaten in that location many many times! :D

I may have missed it but when is your trip?

PekabooSmiles

Original Poster
I'd be in that same boat. This year is my 30th anniversary of going and it always amazes me at how many things I've not done. Our trip this past March we swore we'd do some places we'd never done and we came out of it feeling "meh" about it. This next trip (December) we have one ADR that is a new experience (Boma for breakfast as you have) but we are also planning to use our QS credits at places we've never been to help round that out a little. LOL!

Via Napoli is the restaurant that is where Alfredo's used to be right? If so I can at least say I've eaten in that location many many times! :D

I may have missed it but when is your trip?

I'm hoping we made some good choices! I'm a food nut, but my fiancé doesn't really care - he'll eat whatever is put in front him, lol.

We are going the week of Halloween :) Plus, we are going to the MNSSHP on Halloween, which we are thrilled about!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Since your not excited about Tony's, maybe you could go to Cali Grill that day? Since it is only a short walk from MK?

Last edited:

real mad hatter

Ive done Sanaa...Cali Grill...Via Napoli..All great choices,but dining at Sanaa at 5.25 then attempting a 9.20 meal at Cali Grill is way too close to each other..Both these restaurants require a separate dining experience..My opinion..Like you suggested...Dine at Sanaa and try a sweet at CG...o_O...Is this allowed come to think of it..?:inlove:..

PekabooSmiles

Original Poster
Oh yea, we certainly wouldn't eat to dinners in one night, lol. I've heard other people say they have gone to CG and only ordered an app/dessert, so I figured that it would be allowed. :happy:

PekabooSmiles

Original Poster
Since your not excited about Tony's, maybe you could go to Cali Grill that day? Since it is only a shirt walk from MK?

I didn't even think of that! My brain is on overload, so it's not that hard to believe, lol.

Ok, I just looked and was able to book a 9:30 reservation at CG for that Friday - that would allow us to spend the entire day in MK (since it will close at 7pm for the MNSSHP) and still be able to see the fireworks from CG. I'll discuss it with my fiancé tonight and then we can decide which reservation to keep!

Sweet Melissa

I think switching out Tony's for California Grill is a good idea. That itinerary looks pretty heavy on Italian food, and as a fervent lover of that cuisine, the only Italian restaurant on your list I really enjoy is Portobello.

As for the others, I like Coral Reef, but I think you're right to skip it in favor of the Food & Wine Festival offerings. Sanaa is lovely. Stop in early and visit Kat and Brandon, the bartenders at the lounge. They're awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom