ADR questions

kirari

Original Poster
not that i'm concerned, my fear was because I had problem to find a table actually. i did'nt think it would be hard for those 2. And they are restaurants my boyfriend's must do (just like CRT for me). So I had to try 10 minutes to catch something for chef mickey, and 15 min for teppan, at 180+5 and 180+2.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
not that i'm concerned, my fear was because I had problem to find a table actually. i did'nt think it would be hard for those 2. And they are restaurants my boyfriend's must do (just like CRT for me). So I had to try 10 minutes to catch something for chef mickey, and 15 min for teppan, at 180+5 and 180+2.
If you made an ADR, finding a table won't be an issue. Maybe I need to read the whole thread...have you not made the ADRs yet?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, I didn't. Missed the context, sorry.

First, don't stress so much. ADR's book up, but not nearly as fast as you think (though kudo's to you for the forethought!)

There are a few you NEED to get day 1 if you want any chance.

Be Our Guest is tops on that list. Dinner is more popular than Lunch.

Otherwise, the rest are pretty flexible.

I booked pretty much every other meal I wanted and I didn't even make my trip reservation (much less my ADRs) until nearly the 100 day mark, many of which are on your list.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
weel, there are all secured now ^^, so it's fine! I can wait in peace for my vacation now :D.
Have fun! But, if you feel you need to make tweaks later, don't be so concerned. The only one's I'd say leave alone are your BoG, any before park opening breakfasts, any late reservations with show views, and Cindy's.

The rest are fairly pliable, even day before.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also, if it's just you and the BF, I'd replace Sanaa with Jiko, and make it a nice dinner (it is two DP TS credits though)...but...my goodness, the food is amazing and the restaurant is beautiful.

kirari

Original Poster
we quite hesitated between Jiko and Sanaa, but we decided on Sanaa. I still in love with Jiko's atmosphere, but my man prefers Sanaa. But It can change (just like spirit of aloha which just go and come back on our list).

englanddg

One Little Spark...
we quite hesitated between Jiko and Sanaa, but we decided on Sanaa. I still in love with Jiko's atmosphere, but my man prefers Sanaa. But It can change (just like spirit of aloha which just go and come back on our list).
Both Sanaa and Jikos are good restaurants, but they are not in the same league. It's like comparing Longhorn Steakhouse to Bones.

Sanaa has Indian flavours in the menu. It's good. Not my style (I don't like Indian food).

Jikos, well, I can't go on enough about it. It's one of the few must do places every trip for me.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That said, if she's from France, glad to know they didn't book Les Chefs. They'd probably storm out upset. <wink>

kirari

Original Poster
Oh my! talking about this, yesterday on disney food blog, I saw a photo of a "salade lyonnaise" from Les halles, and as I'm from Lyon, I was like "Are you kidding me o_O?"

But I think that Les chefs is owned by Bocuse, so it suppose to be a very high quality food.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh my! talking about this, yesterday on disney food blog, I saw a photo of a "salade lyonnaise" from Les halles, and as I'm from Lyon, I was like "Are you kidding me o_O?"

But I think that Les chefs is owned by Bocuse, so it suppose to be a very high quality food.
I ate there once (les chefs). Just once.

I grew up in western Germany, and while that is not France, I have a feel for what that food and experience should be like (especially the escargot...no...the whole meal...the whole meal was just bad).

It is not what I would call high quality anything unless you are not or have never been to western Europe and are buying the "label" (which still has a high sale price here in the US as "luxury")

kirari

Original Poster
well, I'm not so surprised. That's why I said "suppose".
We voluntary skept all french restaurant (except Be our guest) because of that. We prefer to try something new for us.
I wanted so much to try liberty tree tavern :cry:.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
well, I'm not so surprised. That's why I said "suppose".
We voluntary skept all french restaurant (except Be our guest) because of that. We prefer to try something new for us.
I wanted so much to try liberty tree tavern :cry:.
Well, I dont think youll be upset with that choice. Just dont go into BoG thinking it is French.

It is about as French as the movie was. (Wink)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
In the US if you toss some red wine in with a steak while cooking it is thought of as "French" (I wish I was kidding)

kirari

Original Poster
Ahah xD. I always find that's so cliché. Just like fish&chips in France: "true original British fish & chips". Come on, it's not because it's fried fish with fries that's it makes be british fish & chips!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ahah xD. I always find that's so cliché. Just like fish&chips in France: "true original British fish & chips". Come on, it's not because it's fried fish with fries that's it makes be british fish & chips!
Yeap, pretty much exactly that. <grin>

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom