ADR questions

kirari

Original Poster
Hi,

I still have 42 days to go before my first window for my ADR opens. We are pretty fixed on what restaurants we want to book absolutely and if possible on specific hours. As I can't call (thanks time difference) because i'll be at work, I'm planning to do it directly on the website (hoping that MDE won't crash).

I've read that when you stay onsite, you can book for the 10 first days of your stay, which I have to say is great! We will be staying 16 nights, but in 3 differents resort:
-3 nights in AoA
-10 nights in POR
-3 nights in GF
both AoA and GF are room only, and POR is a package with dining plan.

There come my 2 questions:
-for the stay in AoA, will I be allow to book for my 10 first days (so from 1 to 10 november), or only for the first 4 days as we only stay 3 nights?
-The 4th day, we plan to do CRT and want to use our dining plan credit. But, as the dining plan is on the POR package, do I have to wait for my second window to be open to make the reservation?

CAPTAIN HOOK

for the stay in AoA, will I be allow to book for my 10 first days (so from 1 to 10 november), or only for the first 4 days as we only stay 3 nights?
As long as you have a confirmed Disney Booking Reservation linked to your MDE account, I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to book for the first ten days
The 4th day, we plan to do CRT and want to use our dining plan credit. But, as the dining plan is on the POR package, do I have to wait for my second window to be open to make the reservation?
No, you shouldn't need to wait.
You will need a credit card for all bookings - this is to remind you to either turn up or cancel your booking. You will be charged $10 per person for any no shows. CRT you'll be charged the full amount if you don't show up. Make sure that your credit card is linked to your MDE account before you start booking - it'll speed things up

kirari

Original Poster
Oh thanks!

Actually, I was thinking the same for the ADR window, but it is my first trip, and I asked it on a french forum and one who use to go to wdw each year said to me that I only can book for the 4 first days and I'll have to wait the opening of the window of POR to make the rest of the ADRs. I wasn't sure of what he was saying, so I prefered ask here too.

For CRT, I thought that we had to pay directly at the reservation, so glad I asked, I was wrong :)!

Tuvalu

@kirari, if you want to book ADRs at hard-to-get locations (like BOG dinner and CRT) you (or someone from your traveling party) must CALL when the Disney Dining lines open at 7 a.m. on your 180 day mark. I know it is at an inconvenient time and that you will incur expensive international toll charges, but while the 180+10 should work with MDE, the reality is IT DOESN'T. And I am surprised @CAPTAIN HOOK did not share with you his nightmare experience with trying to book his 180+10 online; he ended up having to make that international call.

The cast members have access to a system that actually works and can book your ADRs much more quickly than you would be able to (the MDE process can be cumbersome.) Also, I have read of guests who have been able to book their entire trip ADRs during a call, even when the trip was longer than 10 days.

I am a frequent visitor to WDW and I have never been able to book 180+10 online. I would hate for you to go through frustration and the possibility of not securing a reservation you want. Make a list of your restaurant date and time preferences, take a long lunch and CALL. You'll be glad you did. :happy:

kirari

Original Poster
Oh my :(. okay then, I will give a call. I don't feel confortable on phone in french, and even more when it is in english.
We have indeed, BoG, Cali and CRT in our list and I really don't want to miss them.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

@kirari Perso j'avais reserve notre dejeuner a CRT (et nos autres ADR) sur MDE sans souci. Je confirme que tu paies l'integralite du repas a la reservation (CRT est le seul resto qui fait cela), tu avais bien compris.

kirari

Original Poster
You are very fluent with the written word! You'll do fine. The cast members are very kind and patient. :)

Yeah, I'm fluent, but I'm so shy that I can become very anxious on phone, that's why I'd prefer to avoid the call. But I'll take my courage in hands.

@kirari Perso j'avais reserve notre dejeuner a CRT (et nos autres ADR) sur MDE sans souci. Je confirme que tu paies l'integralite du repas a la reservation (CRT est le seul resto qui fait cela), tu avais bien compris.

Bon, qui croire du coup? je vais appeler, avec un peu de chance le CM sera compréhensif et acceptera de prendre la garantie Dining plan meme si ma fenetre sur cette reservation n'est pas ouverte.

CAPTAIN HOOK

And I am surprised @CAPTAIN HOOK did not share with you his nightmare experience with trying to book his 180+10 online; he ended up having to make that international call.
3 international calls if the truth be known (or remembered). I honestly had forgotten about that awful morning - now the nightmares will start again, I can feel the need for a strong drink and I'm breaking out in a cold sweat again :hungover:

andy773

I booked online several times and have never had a problem. I've gotten CRT and Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table with no problem. Also, by booking on-line, you get an hour head start over those calling in. I think the phone lines open at 7 am Eastern, but the on-line opens at 6 am Eastern. I think you have to pay the entire CRT cost at the time you book.

Tuvalu

I booked online several times and have never had a problem. I've gotten CRT and Victoria and Alberts Chef's Table with no problem. Also, by booking on-line, you get an hour head start over those calling in. I think the phone lines open at 7 am Eastern, but the on-line opens at 6 am Eastern. I think you have to pay the entire CRT cost at the time you book.
180+10?

kirari

Original Poster
I know some people who indeed were able to book all there 180 + 10 ADR directly online. That is recent.

BethG

For split stays, it doesn't let you make the the full +10 online. You can only make them for the length of that stay. They can make them if you call. Our stays are usually longer than 10 days and are often split.

180 days from check-in, you can make the check-in day and 10 additional days into the trip. So, 11 days total. At 179 days from check-in, you can make the 12th day, and so on.

kirari

Original Poster
Thank you all.
Changed my mind, I will definitively give a call that day. Will cost a lot but it will be better I think.

HouCuseChickie

First off...I love using the website + it opens up an hour before the phones...so, I always tell people to at least try the web first since you'll have a 1 hour advantage. Yes, it's glitchy at times, but if it's working (and it usually has for me), it is so much easier and faster...and in your case...cheaper.

Second, I messed around with my lodging last trip and before doing an all out room only rebooking, I had a split stay...same resort, but still a split stay b/c of some issues with room type availability. Long story short, the last 2 days of my trip were considered a different reservation and therefore were not included under my 180+10 for the first part of my trip. The old system just would calculate 180+10, but the current system actually looks at the # of days booked for that confirmation number. So yeah, you will have 3 separate day 180s.

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Moi aussi j'ai toujours réservé sur le site web sans problèmes (y compris CRT). Essayez premièrement avec MDE a 6h (donc à midi) et si vous ne pouvez pas obtenir les réservations que vous voulez, appelez WDW une heure plus tard.

kirari

Original Poster
It won't cost anything to try on MDE first, so I'll follow your advice @HouCuseChickie and @Swissmiss and connect to MDE at 11 a.m (Scotland time), then I'll give a call for the rest if it's not working.
Do you know if on MDE you can say if it's a special occasion (I'm thinking of Chef mickey and cali which are planed on my boyfriend's birthday)?

kirari

Original Poster
Okay, now, I've just secured my ADR (still have 5 to book, but that will be in 10 days now), everything went well with MDE, just some fear for 2 restaurant (chef mickey and teppan edo). I had all the time we wanted (excepted California grill), so I am really, REALLY happy!
And to confirm, I could book for 1-4 november on Tuesday, and from 4-14 only today :).

Now, I'd like your opinion:

Breakfast:
-cape may café (10.15 AM)
-cinderella royal table (8.05 AM)
-akershus (9.45 AM)
-tusker house (10.45 AM)
-chef mickey (7 AM, boyfriend's birthday)
-1900 park fare (9 AM)

Lunch:
-T-rex (1 PM)
-Hollywood & vine fantasmic package (11.30 AM)

Dinner:
-Kona café (6.45 PM)
-The wave (5 PM)
-Coral reef (6.40 PM)
-Teppan edo (8.20 PM)
-California Grill (8.55 PM, Boyfriend's birthday; wishes at 22h this day, hope I can catch a table next to the window, I don't really like the idea to go out in the middle of my meal)
-Be our guest (4.15 PM, before a MVMCP we attend to)
-Ohana (6.30 PM)

Still have to book:
-Crystal palace and Ohana as breakfast
-Sanaa as lunch
-Spirit of Aloha (more for the show than for the food, I know you guys say to avoid it) and Hoop dee doo musical.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Okay, now, I've just secured my ADR (still have 5 to book, but that will be in 10 days now), everything went well with MDE, just some fear for 2 restaurant (chef mickey and teppan edo). I had all the time we wanted (excepted California grill), so I am really, REALLY happy!
And to confirm, I could book for 1-4 november on Tuesday, and from 4-14 only today :).

Now, I'd like your opinion:

Breakfast:
-cape may café (10h15)
-cinderella royal table (8h05)
-akershus (9h45)
-tusker house (10h45)
-chef mickey (7h, boyfriend's birthday)
-1900 park fare (9h)

Lunch:
-T-rex (13h)
-Hollywood & vine fantasmic package (11h30)

Dinner:
-Kona café (18h45)
-The wave (17h)
-Coral reef (18h40)
-Teppan edo (20h20)
-California Grill (20h55, Boyfriend's birthday; wishes at 22h this day, hope I can catch a table next to the window, I don't really like the idea to go out in the middle of my meal)
-Be our guest (16h15, before a MVMCP we attend to)
-Ohana (18h30)

Still have to book:
-Crystal palace and Ohana as breakfast
-Sanaa as lunch
-Spirit of Aloha (more for the show than for the food, I know you guys say to avoid it) and Hoop dee doo musical.
Why are you concerned about Teppan and Mickey's? They are both fine restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom