ADR Head Count change

cfry06

Original Poster
Hello everyone!
We are headed to WDW in Sept...can't wait! My sister and her boyfriend are also joining us for the trip. Since I booked our ADRs, both of them secured and started new jobs ( great ones, I'm thrilled for them) and due to that their time off is a bit limited. Instead of joining us for 9 days, they will be with us for 6. Still a great trip - but we did have a couple of ADRs for 5...that will now only be 3. I looked to rebook however most of the great places I was able to snag now don't have availability (free dining I'm sure affected this).

I'm not trying to break any rules, or pull anything over on anyone ( or affect any other travelers) - but can I keep the 5 person ADRs, but have only 3 show up? Would there be fees for the two "no shows"?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

sjhym333

I am not sure about the fees for the other 2 but I recently had a count change for some upcoming dining reservations and I called dining reservations and they were very helpful about sorting it all out. Plus they can answer the question about the fees.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You won't have any problems. It is always easier to be accommodated with fewer people than with more. We have been to several restaurants where, for various reasons, not all our party could attend. I would simply say, "we are now a party of 3 rather than 5." We have never been charged for the no-shows. I believe the fee is only charged if no one shows up for the ADR.

DisneyDebNJ

You won't have any problems. It is always easier to be accommodated with fewer people than with more. We have been to several restaurants where, for various reasons, not all our party could attend. I would simply say, "we are now a party of 3 rather than 5." We have never been charged for the no-shows. I believe the fee is only charged if no one shows up for the ADR.
This was our experience as well. We never had a problem when we were minus one or two diners, but on a few occasions, were not able to add a 5th person. We were never charged either...

boilerpicc

I had a trip where we had to change all of our ADRs. I didn't realize that an infant would count in the headcount, so I had to change all of our meals from 6 people to 7. Most of the time, we just told the restaurant when we showed up, and we never had any problems.

Cendure

Keep the 5 person ADRs. Just tell them when you check in at the podium that only 3 will be dining. We had dining for 4 people booked but 2 decided not to come and we just told them when we checked in that there were only 2 of us. It wasn't a problem. As said, always easier to accommodate less people than more. You won't get dinged for the 2 people not there. You are honouring the reservation so there wouldn't be a charge. It's only if no one shows up that they charge you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom