Additions to AK

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Just thinking that they really should have built more areas to AK, this is an overview of the lands I would add:

North America:
Attractions:
Grizzly Woods
Woodie coaster themed through North American back woods, and around and in and out of mine shafts and tunnels tucked away inside a mountain that is the central area of the land. The hills would have fiberglass hills surrounding them with faux trees(red woods, pines and such) scattered about the hills and around the track. The track would be painted so that it would blend into the current terrain and the cars would be themed like jeeps(still not sue about this part). The idea is that you are wild life conservationists out on a wild chase to try to quickly find and capture a big grizzly that escaped from you reserve and was last seen headed toward a small mining town.

Bald Eagle Peak

The name of the main mountain, The mountain would have a trail exhibit of other north American wildlife that would lead up to the peak where a bald eagle flight cage would be.

South America:

Anaconda Falls

Your typical boat ride through the jungle, with mists and stuff, with the twist of having actual animals for viewing like Walt originally intended for JC to be like, except all South American, basically the Safari on water. Also with the fact that the end then has a 60 foot drop down falls into jagged rocks and rapids below. The boats will be made to look wooden and will seat 4 across and 5 rows back. The idea is that your are on a cruise of the fictions anaconda river in South America when your esteemed river boat pilot makes a wrong turn and takes you hurdling down some falls.

Amazon Jungle Explorer Trial

Just like the other trials just this one in SA

Australia:

Outback Rampage

Pure speed ride through a faux outback, similar to Rocket Rods but this one would actually work. The cars would seat 4 across three rows back and be themed like a large SUV, you are going to go on a tour with your aussie driver of the outback, unfortunately this aussie has a need for speed. The driver would most likely be an animation built into the ride vehicle, with somewhat limited motion as you would only see him form the back

Eucalyptus Forest Trial

Just our normal trial exhibit but with Kangas and koala bears and such

Crocodile Marsh

Another exhibit trial but this one with Aussie marsh animals this could also be a swamp boat ride too.

Artic Island:

Small island covered with faux icebergs

Iceberg Alley

I dunno this name could use some help too, anyways inside these icebergs would be yet another exhibit trial but with animals form the Artic and the Antarctic.

Not totally sure what ride to put here though, maybe some sort of a kidde coaster themed to snow mobiles.

Chad

I'm against your north american ideas, but thats becuase I just posted mine :) Only natural..

I like The australian one!
I'm suprised beastly kingdom wasn't in there...:cry:

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Originally posted by Chad
I'm against your north american ideas, but thats becuase I just posted mine :) Only natural..

I like The australian one!
I'm suprised beastly kingdom wasn't in there...:cry:

Oh don't worry, I have plans for Beastly Kingdom, I am just assuming that it will be added :D .

Hmmmmmm, actually I thought Grizzly Woods along with your proposed area plus adding a Bald Eagle flight cage, to your hiking trail(if not already there) would make a pretty cool area. :)

Alright here is my thoughts for Beastly Kingdom:

Beastly Kingdom should have three sub-areas-Dragon Rock, Unicorn Valley and Genisis Gardens.

The entrance area to the new land(which I would also like to change the name, but I can't think of a good one right now, maybe Mythos, I think that was a proposed Fatasyland ride)
would be GG, here there would be Three attractions:

Fantasia Bay

Maze of the Minataur

Mystic Gardens

The overall theme here would be Greco/roman.

Fantasia Bay would start off would simply be the originally proposed ride that was shelved by WDI

Maze of the Minataur would simply be an expanded version of the "dark" part of the proposed Quest for the Unicorn Maze. Basically just your normal Disney labyrinth except a bit darker and there would be like sounds of huffs, and snorts and walls move and stuff in expectably dark areas to provide the illusion the Minataur is on your trail.

Mystic Gardens

Would just be like any other trial at AK except it would be all animatronics of mythical creatures, as this was proposed by WDI.

Then to your right would be Unicorn Valley a lush forest terrain and to the left the smaller burned crag Dragon Rock.

Unicorn Valley would house two attractions:

The Quest for the Unicorn

The Twisted Horn

Q for the U would just be the family style dark ride they are planning.

Twisted Horn I guess is the first original attraction I would add to this area.

It would be a stand up coaster. Part of the ride would be set in a mostly glass castle. The theme is here that they recently found the horn of the last of the "evil" unicorns, all though very little is known about these creatures they do know that they were black and the had twisted horns. Here in the great hall of this castle(the station area) they are going to unveil to you the horn, very little is known about the horn and the powers it possess, so for the guests own safety they are providing you with protective Armour(the theme of the restraints of the train. Once situated they unveil the horn and the lights go out, and the horn begins to glow and twirl as a laser cones out form the tip and as it begins to circulate it opens a portal then suddenly the train is launched down a fairly steep hill and onto the coaster, there would be 2 inversions on this coaster a corkscrew and a barrel roll, to fit the twisted theme, the rest of the coaster would be in this twisted garden as you are supposed to have been traveled back into the world of the evil unicorns before the dawn of the good unicorns came and vanquished the evil ones. The track would all be blended into the land space and parts would be inside and outside. Finally at the end of the ride you go back through a portal now opened by your friends back in the castle and you return safely to the great hall. The Station platform would be separated form the view of the queue so that the initial sequence stay unseen till it is too late.

Finally Dragon Rock
this would only have one attraction and it would be Dare the Dragon. The storyline would be the same as the original except replace the role of the bats with magical being of some kind, I am leery of wizards since of IOA, but anyways the coaster would be set in a dark burned out castle on a crag. The cars would be floorless steel coaster trains and the idea is that you were given a magical floating spell, the rest of the car and the track would be hidden with black light technology.

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Originally posted by NowInc
I like the ideas...id just add a Desert or an aquatic animal part...

Well, I had kind of had some ideas along those lines, but I was not all that far with them.

I was thinking about trying to make a second trail for NA, called Bison Prairie, but I was not sure about how much land would be needed and if it would be feasible for a walking exhibit. Parts of the prairie would be desertish, but I dunno I think it would be kind of hard to really display desert wildlife...Did you have any ideas on how to represent this? Maybe an Egypt exhibit In Africa? a calm boat ride along the Nile perhaps?

And I had also developed a water area but have been leery to actually propose it because I was afraid it would sort of interfere with the Living Seas....

Chad

Wow!
Your ideas for beastly kingdom are AMAZING! I'd love to see some maps and stuff...!

Lemme finish up Camp Minnie-Mickey, and then we can compare ideas for North America, maybe we can swap, trade, and combine em, and work on a project together?

And the Eagle plays a MAJOR part in Spirts of America :)

FigmentDream

Original Poster
Sure, I think it woudl be cool to work on a project together

I revised the previous diagrams with paths and other structures and non-attarctions, the paths are the non marked areas, I guess they would work as I said they are not my specialty.

Oh and I did decide to name the area Mythos

Attachments

• slide1.jpg
    slide1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 105

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom