Additional Fastpasses released?

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hello there, I am curious to if any of you know if this happens more often or not but this is a first for me. On the my 60th day I requested all my fastpasses, with many times not available. This part isn't new to me, but last night I decided to take a look again (and I have been doing so a few times a day) and I noticed that all the difficult attractions I always seek to get (7DMT, FOP, Frozen) had every time slot available from 11:00AM through close of the park. My question is, did a large group cancel a trip (Tour Group, Convention/Conference) or does Disney release additional FP+'s.

Thanks in advance!

TJ

Dory71

Hello there, I am curious to if any of you know if this happens more often or not but this is a first for me. On the my 60th day I requested all my fastpasses, with many times not available. This part isn't new to me, but last night I decided to take a look again (and I have been doing so a few times a day) and I noticed that all the difficult attractions I always seek to get (7DMT, FOP, Frozen) had every time slot available from 11:00AM through close of the park. My question is, did a large group cancel a trip (Tour Group, Convention/Conference) or does Disney release additional FP+'s.

Thanks in advance!

TJ
Just wondering how many days out were you when you found availability?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's the 45-day point, a traditional cut-off for full payment on packages. It's possible that people canx'd their plans at that point.

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That's the 45-day point, a traditional cut-off for full payment on packages. It's possible that people canx'd their plans at that point.
True but I mean we went from zero slots for Frozen, to almost every slot available from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Doesn't that seem a bit odd? Maybe one of the massive Brazilian Groups cancelled?

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I get that, I guess its not really that important but just odd. I know they release a good bit over time but usually not 100's of time slots on one day. Oh well, worked out for me.

Driver

Depending on your date, I'd take a look again. We are going Jan 18 - 22 and its wide open on that Sunday for FOP.
Exactly right! Keep trying this can work in your favor because it gives everyone more opportunity to get passes. Think of it this way, if you had one shot at it and you were too busy you would have missed out. This way they are released in batches giving you more opportunities.:)

MickeyMomV

If I remember correctly back FP+ first rolled out they had timed releases. They would release additional spots at like 60 days, 30 days, 7 days, and the day of. Maybe more but I was just using this as an example. I'm not sure if they still do this or not but it would not surprise me.

Cameron1529

True but I mean we went from zero slots for Frozen, to almost every slot available from 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Doesn't that seem a bit odd? Maybe one of the massive Brazilian Groups cancelled?

This happened to me as well, I am not sure if a larger group cancelled or they released additional FP's.

Rob562

Is it possible that rather than holding some existing FP+ timeslots back, they changed the ratio of FP to Standby and created more FP timeslots by reducing Standby capacity?

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom