Adding someone to a reservation

wilkeliza

So as a last minute idea a friend of ours is thinking about coming along wiht us to Disney. We already paid for a room and got free dinning with it for our week long trip in January. If we were to add our friend to the room now would he also get free dinning? We are trying to make this trip as cheap for our friend as possible so just being able to add him on (and pay the 10 extra a night) and him get free dinning would make all he difference for us.

Thanks for your help guys.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yes. In fact, everyone in the room has to be on the same package. So whatever tickets you're getting, your friend will have to purchase, too. Also, since your trip is in January, they'll require full payment for your friend at the time of booking.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

Just call your travel agent and they should be able to take care of everything for you. The extra person in your room will also have to get park tickets since that is a free dining package requirement.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

Original Poster
Wanted to come back and update on the situation.

We were able to add our friend on but did have to buy the same package. That was no problem for us. The adding on process was very easy. The only issue we had was that Disney charges for a roll away bed to be brought to the room so we opted out of that option. I understand why they charge but we have just never been to a hotel that charges for the roll away bed.

Originally my friend was going to go and just pay for the 6 days and eat very cheap if he didn't get the free dinning plan but with the dinning plan he can now join us at our planned meals. We did upgrade all our quick service plans to the next level up. This way we are able to do some good table service and not pay out of pocket since we are adults and sometimes the quick service gets a little boring after a day or two.

So excited to be bringing a first timer to the parks.

Upvote 0

natron20

Have you already adding your friend to your ADRs? Adding even one person can be very problematic if not impossible.

I guess we stay at different places, I have never stayed in hotel and NOT been charged for a roll-away bed.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

If you are just adding 1 person to your dining reservation, just show up to the restaurant and tell the, you have an ADR for 1 extra person. They will be fine with it. It's not like you are pulling a Len Testa and showing up with 12 people for an ADR for 2.

Upvote 0

wilkeliza

Original Poster
Thanks for the concern guys. I have never personally had problems adding 1 person to an ADR but we did in fact already add him to our ADRs. Originally we were not doing any table service but we were hanging out this weekend and figured 16 dollars a night per a person was worth the upgrade to table service. As soon as the upgrade went through we were online booking ADRs. The only one we weren't able to get was Chef Mickey's on our last day but we got 1900 Park Fair instead so no big deal there.

The only dinner our friend won't be joining us for us our date night at the Contemporary during Wishes. I was very firm that this special experience needed to be between just my boyfriend and I so our friend has decided he'll either just go to the pool or order in that night. We already planed to use 2 table service that night so he can get get a pizza ordered or something if he wants to just hang at the pool.

Upvote 0

Conrad3000

I just confirmed that you CAN add someone to your room even if they are not staying all the days that you are. They do not get the discounted package that you got (IE: free dining). They simply have to come with you on the trip and get added to the room when you check in on-site. They will need to pay the added cost of the extra person in the room and buy their tickets separately from the package. They can also be added to Disney's Magical Express but you have to call them directly, 2 days before the trip at 866 599 0951.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom