Adding People to ADR

Dubman

Original Poster
We have an ADR for Raglan Road for Saturday evening.. It was originally made for our party of 3. Now my wife's friend and her son who live locally are going to meet us there for dinner. Now there isn't any availability for our time if we add them.. Think they will let us add the 2 when we get there? Don't know how strict they are on this as we have never had to add people in the past. I even tried opentable.com and the first table they have for 5 is 9:30pm.. Right now we have a 7:00pm res..

Dubman

Original Poster
And also, if they wont take us when we get there and we go somewhere else will Disney charge me as a no show?

Tuvalu

Explain there are two more joining you when you check in. If they cannot accommodate you, request that they do not charge the no-show fee as you would like to dine with your friends. This is manager's discretion and the fee will likely be waived (it was for us.) Most likely the restaurant will want to accommodate you...you may have to wait longer for a table to hold the 5 of you.

HurricaneHanna

I would suggest that you have an alternate plan in mind so that your evening isn't spoiled if dining at Raglan Road doesn't work out. I have witnessed people check in for dining with more people than included on the reservation and they were turned away. This was on a busy day and I imagine you'd be accommodated if possible, but sometimes things are very busy and the staff simply can not allow leeway.
As for being charged as a no show- as long as you check in with the intention of eating, I really don't think they will charge you. Once we checked in at the time of our ADR and explained that we weren't hungry yet. We asked if we could switch to a later seating time but they were totally booked and could not change our time. We weren't charged as no shows because we did show up, albeit with an explanation that kept us from actually eating.
Good Luck

Last edited:

andy773

The problem you will have is that most restaurant tables are for 2, 4 or 6. So when you made your ADR for 3, they set aside a table that seats 4 for you. If you were adding 1 person, I'm 99% sure they could accommodate you. Since you are adding 2 people, they would now need to add another table for 2 to yours or find a table that seats 6. Good luck though. Hope it works out for you.

HurricaneHanna

The problem you will have is that most restaurant tables are for 2, 4 or 6. So when you made your ADR for 3, they set aside a table that seats 4 for you. If you were adding 1 person, I'm 99% sure they could accommodate you. Since you are adding 2 people, they would now need to add another table for 2 to yours or find a table that seats 6. Good luck though. Hope it works out for you.
This. Exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom