Adding Genie+ in advance

dirtnap101

Original Poster
I have room-only reservations Jan 13-17. I have a party of 3 with multiple tickets associated to each (some are older never-expire, but each person has a new 3 day ticket good Jan 14-18 associated to them), but have not added Genie+ yet. I bought the tickets through the JetBlue Paisly service, as we're flying JetBlue and the price was the best I could find. I have set up my first day in MDE Genie area, told it what I'm interested in, and when I go to My Day and change the date to Jan 14, the app offers me Genie+.

So I click on "Take Today to the Next Level, Get Genie+ for today". I then get the screen that has the "Get Disney Genie+ Service" button and I tap it. It takes me to the My Tickets and Passes area but there is no option to select my party members - it shows all the tickets and passes associated with my party members, but it's a dead end - no way to select each person or even select the ticket I want to add Genie+ to. If I scroll to the 3 day tickets good Jan 14-18, I can only "Change Ticket" or "Reassign Ticket". If I choose Change Ticket, I can choose the rest of the party and then it shows me the things I can change: valid ticket dates, number of days, ticket type, and Disney Genie+ Service.

The first 3 things can be changed, the pencil is blue. For Disney Genie+ Service, the pencil is grayed out and it says "Selected tickets have already been upgraded to include Disney Genie+ service", even though I haven't bought Genie+. Any ideas? Did these tickets really come with Genie+?

dirtnap101

Original Poster
Just to close this loop: Genie+ was not really on our tickets even thought the app was reporting it when I tried to buy. So I tried a different way, via the Disney website, and (after some "400" errors and having to start over again) was able to add Genie+ to our tickets. I was also able to pay with a Disney gift card, which I was hoping for.

arich35

Just to close this loop: Genie+ was not really on our tickets even thought the app was reporting it when I tried to buy. So I tried a different way, via the Disney website, and (after some "400" errors and having to start over again) was able to add Genie+ to our tickets. I was also able to pay with a Disney gift card, which I was hoping for.
Can I ask how you added it?

dirtnap101

Original Poster
Can I ask how you added it?
Sure, go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ in a web browser and log in to your account.

Then in the banner across the top of the page, hover the mouse on My Disney Experience and click My Plans.

Scroll down to the section titled "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" and on the left side you will see that it's on "Daily Itinerary" but next to that is "Tickets and Memory Maker", and that's what you want to click on.

You'll then see all the tickets linked to your account and anyone in your party. Find your ticket that you want to add Genie+ to and below the details of it (still on the left) you should see in blue "Change Ticket", click that.

Then you will be asked if you want to add any other tickets in your party for this change request, so add them if you need to and click Continue. It then shows you all the options to change or add, and Genie+ is listed last. Click to add it and agree to the terms and check out to pay.

arich35

Sure, go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ in a web browser and log in to your account.

Then in the banner across the top of the page, hover the mouse on My Disney Experience and click My Plans.

Scroll down to the section titled "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" and on the left side you will see that it's on "Daily Itinerary" but next to that is "Tickets and Memory Maker", and that's what you want to click on.

You'll then see all the tickets linked to your account and anyone in your party. Find your ticket that you want to add Genie+ to and below the details of it (still on the left) you should see in blue "Change Ticket", click that.

Then you will be asked if you want to add any other tickets in your party for this change request, so add them if you need to and click Continue. It then shows you all the options to change or add, and Genie+ is listed last. Click to add it and agree to the terms and check out to pay.
Ahh thank you, totally missed the Tickets and Memory Maker section when looking for it earlier

Then you will be asked if you want to add any other tickets in your party for this change request, so add them if you need to and click Continue. It then shows you all the options to change or add, and Genie I+ is listed last. Click to add it and agree to the terms and check out to pay.
I wish MDE could express this as clearly as you just did. I just booked mine.

Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom